No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

Postby Bigjohn69 » Feb 28th, 2018, 3:07 pm

— The Alberta Court of Appeal has upheld an injunction that stops random drug and alcohol testing at Suncor Energy sites in the northeastern part of the province.

http://calgaryherald.com/business/energ ... or-workers
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Liked in: 135 posts

Re: No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

Postby GordonH » Feb 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Wonder how soon the claim window at WCB Alberta will be over run, due to co-workers on the job being stoned or drunk & causing injuries to happen.

At one time major work sites would have a sign saying how many days since the last accident.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7000 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Bigjohn69 » Feb 28th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Well the problem i see is not unions trying to protect addicts of booze or hard drugs .It is the companies trying to write one size fits all when it is not the case .

I saw highland valley hire people who took pain killers but did not hire someone who had marijuana in system . Where is the logic there ? I think unions would bemore open to zero tolerance with realistic guidlines that reflect real life .

No one wants to work with anyone visably intoxicated but the other hand is people being disqualified for something that may not be impairing judgement as some marijuana,preperations do not get anyone high but would not pass,a,test

gman313 likes this post.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Liked in: 135 posts

Postby christopher » Mar 1st, 2018, 9:19 am

Will they be doing post and pre access.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
christopher
Fledgling

Liked in: 213 posts

Return to Canada