Canada's friendship with India

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Canada's friendship with India

Postby justincase » Mar 7th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Spin Alert - “Pulse Canada said it received word from Agriculture Canada on Friday that Kabuli chickpeas

– which represent 95 per cent of chickpeas grown in Canada – will be exempt from the Indian tariff

increase, meaning very few Canadian exports will be affected by the new duty.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e38184458/
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Liked in: 111 posts

Re: Canada's friendship with India

Postby CapitalB » Mar 7th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Our government has been doing a good job of trying to create a difficult trade agreement with india. Some people here like to look at the deals just signed as a loss for canada because we have more company money going to india than they have coming here. If you look at it like inroads to one of the largest consumer markets on the planet though... I think it looks like good business sense and long term planning.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 483 posts

Postby Snman » Mar 7th, 2018, 5:29 pm

From what I read, chickpeas are not a big export for Canada anyway. However, this part caught my attention.

"Canada is not a big grower or exporter of chickpeas. But the crop is part of a broader category that includes lentils, and green and yellow peas, for which Canada is a big exporter. India, in turn, is the world's biggest consumer of pulses, a protein-rich crop popular in a country with a large vegetarian population.

"India's shift around pulses and what it means to the Canadian industry is profound, because it was our biggest market. It has been a billion-dollar market every year," Mr. Bacon said. "It has basically fallen off to virtually nothing."
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Snman
Übergod

Liked in: 739 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 7th, 2018, 5:32 pm

CapitalB wrote:Our government has been doing a good job of trying to create a difficult trade agreement with india.

If this is actually true, then hurray for them. Given the source though, it's tough to just swallow this wholesale.

Some people here like to look at the deals just signed as a loss for canada because we have more company money going to india than they have coming here. If you look at it like inroads to one of the largest consumer markets on the planet though... I think it looks like good business sense and long term planning.

I agree. This is why it was so brain-dead to send over Captain Selfie to run around in Indian clothes dancing and inviting terorists to parties. What were the Liberals thinking???
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

KiloHotel likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15621 posts

Postby justincase » Mar 7th, 2018, 6:38 pm

[/quote]

I agree. This is why it was so brain-dead to send over Captain Selfie to run around in Indian clothes dancing and inviting terorists to parties. What were the Liberals thinking???[/quote]

They didn't send Mr, Brain-dead and Captain selfie, Canadians kicked him out in 2015. The big boys are in charge now!

1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Postby Snman » Mar 7th, 2018, 6:44 pm

^^^ Is that Chief Dan George? Man, he sure looks white. ^^^ But really, why not address this portion of the link you provided?
"India's shift around pulses and what it means to the Canadian industry is profound, because it was our biggest market. It has been a billion-dollar market every year," Mr. Bacon said. "It has basically fallen off to virtually nothing."
Snman
Übergod

Postby justincase » Mar 7th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Snman wrote:^^^ Is that Chief Dan George? Man, he sure looks white. ^^^ But really, why not address this portion of the link you provided?

Pulse Canada said it received word from Agriculture Canada on Friday that Kabuli chickpeas – which represent 95 per cent of chickpeas grown in Canada – will be exempt from the Indian tariff increase, meaning very few Canadian exports will be affected by the new duty.

Canada is not a big grower or exporter of chickpeas. But the crop is part of a broader category that includes lentils, and green and yellow peas, for which Canada is a big exporter. India, in turn, is the world's biggest consumer of pulses, a protein-rich crop popular in a country with a large vegetarian population.
justincase
Board Meister

Postby Snman » Mar 7th, 2018, 7:47 pm

justincase wrote:
Snman wrote:^^^ Is that Chief Dan George? Man, he sure looks white. ^^^ But really, why not address this portion of the link you provided?

Pulse Canada said it received word from Agriculture Canada on Friday that Kabuli chickpeas – which represent 95 per cent of chickpeas grown in Canada – will be exempt from the Indian tariff increase, meaning very few Canadian exports will be affected by the new duty.

Canada is not a big grower or exporter of chickpeas. But the crop is part of a broader category that includes lentils, and green and yellow peas, for which Canada is a big exporter. India, in turn, is the world's biggest consumer of pulses, a protein-rich crop popular in a country with a large vegetarian population.

Blah blah blah. I took that from YOUR link. You are a true blue Liberal, FOS.

2 people like this post.
Snman
Übergod

Postby justincase » Mar 7th, 2018, 7:56 pm

justincase wrote:^^ Is that Chief Dan George? Man, he sure looks white. ^^^ But really, why not address this portion of the link you provided?

Blah blah blah. I took that from YOUR link. You are a true blue Liberal, FOS.

I am soooo sorry, a Conservative that can read....who knew. You copied and pasted your response so I copied and pasted my response. You are a true blue Conservative FOS
justincase
Board Meister

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 8th, 2018, 9:39 am

justincase wrote:
They didn't send Mr, Brain-dead and Captain selfie,

yeah they did. They sent Justin Trudeau, who is brain-dead. Try and keep up here.
- Dr. Don Boys

KiloHotel likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby KiloHotel » Mar 8th, 2018, 10:07 am

justincase wrote:
I am soooo sorry, a Conservative that can read....who knew. You copied and pasted your response so I copied and pasted my response. You are a true blue Conservative FOS

LOL sure showed him.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
KiloHotel

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby justincase » Mar 8th, 2018, 3:33 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
justincase wrote:
They didn't send Mr, Brain-dead and Captain selfie,

yeah they did. They sent Justin Trudeau, who is brain-dead. Try and keep up here.

Did you forget, our proud Kelowna firefighters refusing to pose and sing O'Canada along with the selfie-king?

justincase
Board Meister

Postby KiloHotel » Mar 8th, 2018, 3:38 pm

justincase wrote:

Did you forget, our proud Kelowna firefighters refusing to pose and sing O'Canada along with the selfie-king?

Who the F cares? That's their opinion, who cares about their political opinion. Did they have a specific reason that affected them? Or just personal opinions on the man.

Snman likes this post.
KiloHotel

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 8th, 2018, 4:09 pm

justincase wrote:

Why are you showing a picture of Harper if you really mean Trudeau? If you are referring to the fake news story about Harper and the fire-fighters, that literally was fake news. It never happened. It was a fake news story on a fake site that makes funny made-up stories. But why I am not surprised that you would try and sell this as real. Get some integrity dude.

https://thelapine.ca/exhausted-forest-f ... or-harper/
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby justincase » Mar 8th, 2018, 7:52 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
justincase wrote:

Why are you showing a picture of Harper if you really mean Trudeau? If you are referring to the fake news story about Harper and the fire-fighters, that literally was fake news. It never happened. It was a fake news story on a fake site that makes funny made-up stories. But why I am not surprised that you would try and sell this as real. Get some integrity dude.

https://thelapine.ca/exhausted-forest-f ... or-harper/

Semi-true
Here's the story that I knew!
BURNED! Media mocks Harper appearance at BC wildfire
Thompson Okanagan media takes Prime Minister Harper to the woodshed for disrupting firefighting efforts for photo-op.
https://www.vancouverobserver.com/world ... c-wildfire
justincase
Board Meister

Next

Return to Bickering Room