Notley showing Horgan and others what's what, and who's who.

Snman
Übergod

Notley showing Horgan and others what's what, and who's who.

Post by Snman »

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
stevemic
Fledgling

Re: Notley showing Horgan and others what's what, and who's

Post by stevemic »

Congrats to Notley. I am glad shes standing her ground. I emailed her when she banned wine to say i support her decision.
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Ya, if we don't play fair in the sandbox, she will take her toys and go home. boo hoo
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

Let the dummies in Alberta cut off our oil. We will buy from the US and the province of alberta will be on food stamps LOL
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

weedlover wrote:Let the dummies in Alberta cut off our oil. We will buy from the US and the province of alberta will be on food stamps LOL

Go back in the basement and smoke another one. If BC stops Alberta from selling oil then BC should be prepared to pay more I do not think that is unreasonable. If Alberta is losing 8 to 10 billion a year due to no access to shipping maybe Canadians will need to pay the difference.
tarasbulba
Fledgling

Post by tarasbulba »

Maybe we should stop all shipping containers that arrive on our ports, going to alberta. Just saying, I find it bad that she's in a panic cause Alberta has loans to big bankers, cause they never thought Fort mac would go down to what it is today, they were counting their chickens before they hatched, taking out huge loans, and now the only thing that will get them out of trouble is putting this pipeline in, would you be happy if another province wanted to put a pipe through your house, only for their benefit. of course not and they keep saying it's for the betterment of Canada, NO the betterment of canada would be to get away from this terrible fossil fuel and invest in green energy, but sadly the people who they borrowed money from are also the big oil people, now what do you do, your stuck. Every time I see her she looks like a person the mafia is looking for, what's the bottom line here, what is really going on?????????? That's what I'd like to know
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

weedlover wrote:Let the dummies in Alberta cut off our oil. We will buy from the US and the province of alberta will be on food stamps LOL

The little bit the oil companies sell to BC is almost nothing. A few 10,000 barrels a day, but it is a market for them. The companies in Alberta would hardly notice the reduction and would simply sell to other Provinces or the US. I am curious how you think BC would get the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel from the US? Trains? Possible, but rail capacity from the US is already committed, so that is out. Tankers - certainly, but the environmental jihadists wouldn't allow that. They are *bleep* enough that tankers already unload fuel near Mill Bay. The tiny bit of petroleum products that come from Washington would hardly supply downtown Vancouver so enlighten us, please. How do you propose to replace the current pipeline capacity?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

"Alberta Premier Rachel Notley is threatening to turn off the oil taps in a fight with British Columbia over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion."

and then

"She said the project is vital to Alberta and to the rest of Canada, and the country is forgoing thousands of jobs and millions of dollars in lost revenue due to pipeline bottlenecks."

so shutting off the taps....to....save....jobs?? hmmm kind of a funny way to help their cause..
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

ninetyninepct wrote:
The little bit the oil companies sell to BC is almost nothing. A few 10,000 barrels a day, but it is a market for them.

It's actually a lot more than that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

tarasbulba wrote:Maybe we should stop all shipping containers that arrive on our ports, going to alberta. Just saying, I find it bad that she's in a panic cause Alberta has loans to big bankers, cause they never thought Fort mac would go down to what it is today, they were counting their chickens before they hatched, taking out huge loans, and now the only thing that will get them out of trouble is putting this pipeline in, would you be happy if another province wanted to put a pipe through your house, only for their benefit. of course not and they keep saying it's for the betterment of Canada,

OK, fair ball....

NO the betterment of canada would be to get away from this terrible fossil fuel and invest in green energy,

Not sure what this means? Do you want Alberta to build nuclear reactors? Or hydro projects?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

stevemic wrote:Congrats to Notley. I am glad shes standing her ground. I emailed her when she banned wine to say i support her decision.

And your a BC resident hey? Guess it doesn’t matter to you how it would effect all of us working class British Columbians especially in our wine industry! Nice, maybe you should move to Alberta then!
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

abraham wrote:
stevemic wrote:Congrats to Notley. I am glad shes standing her ground. I emailed her when she banned wine to say i support her decision.

And your a BC resident hey? Guess it doesn’t matter to you how it would effect all of us working class British Columbians especially in our wine industry! Nice, maybe you should move to Alberta then!

And you're a Canadian? Guess it doesn't matter to you how the oil industry, pipelines included, benefit all Canadians, even British Columbians. Nice, maybe you should move to communist China then!
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Hope she keeps turning them screws. :up:
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

tarasbulba wrote:...the betterment of canada would be to get away from this terrible fossil fuel and invest in green energy...

Premier Notely agrees with that, and has said so many times. Much of what the Alberta NDP have done in the last two years takes steps in that direction. The thing is that we are not ready to make a complete transition away from burning fossil fuels yet. Ms Notely, and even Prime Minister Trudeau, are both are realistic enough to see that the transition period has to be measured in decades and that a vibrant and diverse economy in the here and now is essential to keep those plans moving forward. The idea that we just need to shut off the taps is just wishful thinking, and totally without any basis in reality. Somebody needs to tell John Horgan and a whole lot of BC residents that in a form they will understand.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fluffy wrote:[ The idea that we just need to shut off the taps is just wishful thinking, and totally without any basis in reality. Somebody needs to tell John Horgan and a whole lot of BC residents that in a form they will understand.

There is no language yet invented that could communicate with the deliberately obtuse and the zealots charged with religious like fervour. They refuse to do basic math, because math is hard. Thinking is hard. Best just turn off your brain, adopt some mantras, and never consider the extremely negative consequences of your demands. You are just wasting your time even trying to speak to these people.

Return to “Canada”