Liberals back in the lead (or did they ever fall behind?)

justincase
Board Meister

Liberals back in the lead (or did they ever fall behind?)

Post by justincase »

Ballot – The latest Nanos federal ballot tracking has the Liberals at 36.5 per cent support, followed by the Conservatives at 32.7 per cent,
the NDP at 19.0 percent, the BQ at 4.0 per cent and the Greens at 7.1 per cent.

Accessible Voters – Asked whether they would consider voting for each of the federal parties, 53.1 per cent of Canadians say they would
consider voting Liberal while 48.0 per cent would consider voting Conservative. Close to four in ten (38.3%) would consider voting NDP
while 27.3 per cent and 31.7 per cent of Canadians would consider voting for the BQ and Green parties respectively.
Preferred Prime Minister – Nanos tracking has Trudeau as the preferred choice as PM at 40.4 per cent of Canadians followed by Scheer(22.8%), Singh (8.6%) and May (6.6%). Twenty per cent of Canadians were unsure who they preferred.

Qualities of a Good Political Leader – Six in ten Canadians (60.2%) believe Trudeau has the qualities of a good political leader while 36.8 percent believe Scheer has the qualities of a good political leader. Almost four in ten (37.5%) say Jagmeet Singh has the qualities of a good
political leader, while 34.4 per cent believe the same about May. One in four (27.4%) said Martine Ouellet has the qualities of a goodpolitical leader (QC only).

Nanos Party Power Index – The Nanos Index which is a composite of a series of measures including ballot and leadership impressions has the Liberals with 58.3 points, the Conservatives 50.7 points, the NDP 44.4 points, the Greens 35.1 points and the BQ 28.8 points (QC only).

2018-03-06

http://www.nanos.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Political-Package-2018-03-02.pdf
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Liberals back in the lead (or did they ever fall behind?

Post by Glacier »

The polls show the cons in the lead in terms of popular vote, but behind in terms of number of seats they'd win... http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poll-tr ... -1.4171977
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:The polls show the cons in the lead in terms of popular vote, but behind in terms of number of seats they'd win... http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poll-tr ... -1.4171977

we need proporational representation! Who was the idiot last election who campaigned on electoral reform, and then totally went back on that promise? His name rhymed with Bustin Rudeau...
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Glacier wrote:The polls show the cons in the lead in terms of popular vote, but behind in terms of number of seats they'd win... http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poll-tr ... -1.4171977

we need proporational representation! Who was the idiot last election who campaigned on electoral reform, and then totally went back on that promise? His name rhymed with Bustin Rudeau...

We definitely need election reform, but of course, every party has an agenda, the Con's want status Quo, Libs want ranked ballot, and NDP wants PR. The Liberals can't just unilaterally change the very fundamentals of our democracy without the support of another major (Con, NDP) political party. So, the Cons win with the status quo!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

justincase wrote: We definitely need election reform, but of course, every party has an agenda, the Con's want status Quo, Libs want ranked ballot, and NDP wants PR. The Liberals can't just unilaterally change the very fundamentals of our democracy without the support of another major (Con, NDP) political party. So, the Cons win with the status quo!

What do you mean they can't change the voting system!? They have a majority, and they could simply team up with the NDP to have PR, but of course, they now realize that they benefit form FPTP, so PR is off the table.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Glacier wrote:What do you mean they can't change the voting system!? They have a majority, and they could simply team up with the NDP to have PR, but of course, they now realize that they benefit form FPTP, so PR is off the table.

If I were to look into my politic crystal ball: I would estimate that the Liberals have been and are very confident that they will win the next election. I think after all the work they put into electoral reform the decided to wait until its most advantageous to put it in place. The best time to do that would be after a close election / before an election they aren't as confident in winning. That way they'll have the double effect of making them look good for finally making their old promise happen and making the strong opposition (in this scenario) weaker by removing the possibility for a majority.

I mean thats how I'd play that long term if I was running the Liberal party anyway. Not the most ethical path to take but politics is more about play to win than ethics.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:
We definitely need election reform, but of course, every party has an agenda, the Con's want status Quo, Libs want ranked ballot, and NDP wants PR. The Liberals can't just unilaterally change the very fundamentals of our democracy without the support of another major (Con, NDP) political party. So, the Cons win with the status quo!

What an interesting and lie-filled take on reality. Justin totally lied to get the NDP to swing to him. He never disclosed ranked ballot before the election. Will the NDP voters be dumb enough to trust him again? I hope not.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:
If I were to look into my politic crystal ball: I would estimate that the Liberals have been and are very confident that they will win the next election..

Let's hope you are right.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:What an interesting and lie-filled take on reality. Justin totally lied to get the NDP to swing to him. He never disclosed ranked ballot before the election. Will the NDP voters be dumb enough to trust him again? I hope not.

Of course he has always said he wanted Ranked Ballot (which part was the lie?) which would end up being the fairest method eventually. As A Liberal voter, I can say they would initially have had an advantage but as the major parties break down into more specific parties (PC, Reform, Blue Liberal, Red Liberal NDP, communist....well you get the Idea would end up being the fairest method).
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:
Of course he has always said he wanted Ranked Ballot

really. Where? Just curious. I doubt the bunches of brain-dead NDP would have voted for him if this was true, but please, show us.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Glacier wrote:
justincase wrote: We definitely need election reform, but of course, every party has an agenda, the Con's want status Quo, Libs want ranked ballot, and NDP wants PR. The Liberals can't just unilaterally change the very fundamentals of our democracy without the support of another major (Con, NDP) political party. So, the Cons win with the status quo!

What do you mean they can't change the voting system!? They have a majority, and they could simply team up with the NDP to have PR, but of course, they now realize that they benefit form FPTP, so PR is off the table.

Lol....The Liberals always knew they had benefited from FPTP they have been elected over 60% of the time. How many times have the NDP formed a government? I guess when the NDP get elected they can try to persuade The Conservatives and the Liberals that PR is the right way to go!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

justincase wrote:
Lol....The Liberals always knew they had benefited from FPTP they have been elected over 60% of the time. How many times have the NDP formed a government? I guess when the NDP get elected they can try to persuade The Conservatives and the Liberals that PR is the right way to go!

and maybe this time Justin won't lie about reforming the electoral system. Though if he did lie again, I would bet a lot of gullible NDP'ers would fall for it again.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
justincase wrote:

and maybe this time Justin won't lie about reforming the electoral system. Though if he did lie again, I would bet a lot of gullible NDP'ers would fall for it again.

Either way, Green, the Conservatives won. Election Reform would have killed the CPC.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Results come from 6 different polling organizations

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/leadermeter/
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Today's polling numbers

Return to “Canada”