International Women's Day

justincase
Board Meister

International Women's Day

Post by justincase »

International Women's Day: Protests, a strike, a Russian's apology

As the new Liberal government are working hard to clean up the antiquated misogynistic culture perpetrated by the former government, the Conservatives smirk, and scowl behind baited breath. Now all of Europe is following Canada's Trudeau lead and marching in the millions demanding fair treatment, equality and respect!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/internatio ... sc=40yf5wG
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: International Women's Day

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

justincase wrote:
As the new Liberal government are working hard to clean up the antiquated misogynistic culture perpetrated by the former government,

Jean Chretien's government perpetrated an antiquated misogynistic culture? Who knew? Was it because he tried to elect cabinet ministers based on merit and experience instead of their genitals? How dare he do such a thing!!! Shame on you Jean!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Jean Chretien's government perpetrated an antiquated misogynistic culture? Who knew? Was it because he tried to elect cabinet ministers based on merit and experience instead of their genitals? How dare he do such a thing!!! Shame on you Jean!!

Thank you, Green, you couldn't even let it lie with baited breath, as I suspected you couldn't. You just made my point about the little respect or concern you or your Conservatives have for Canada's women and the contribution they have made in the past and will make in the future, given a half a chance. :chicken:
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

The Conservative record on women:

1. removed “equality” from the Status of Women department mandate
2. has cut funding for women's advocacy by 43 percent since 2006
3. shut 12 out of 16 Status of Women offices in Canada
4. prohibited the use of any Status of Women department funds for research and advocacy for women at any level of government
5. made cuts to the base budgets of emergency women’s shelters
6. eliminated all program funding to abused women's second stage shelters
7. eliminated funding of legal voices for women and minority groups, including the National Association of Women and the Law and the Courts Challenges Program
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

justincase wrote:The Conservative record on women:

who cares about these stupid lies. The election was 2 and a half years ago. What is your real goal here? Covering up the stupidity of the Liberals with barf up propaganda from 2015?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

justincase wrote:The Conservative record on women:

1. removed “equality” from the Status of Women department mandate
2. has cut funding for women's advocacy by 43 percent since 2006
3. shut 12 out of 16 Status of Women offices in Canada
4. prohibited the use of any Status of Women department funds for research and advocacy for women at any level of government
5. made cuts to the base budgets of emergency women’s shelters
6. eliminated all program funding to abused women's second stage shelters
7. eliminated funding of legal voices for women and minority groups, including the National Association of Women and the Law and the Courts Challenges Program

You know, after a couple of decades of not feeling women needed a hand up, it made sense to me to start pulling back on resources. The generation of folk who wouldn't listen to the news if the anchor was a woman has been long gone. When JT decided to patronize women by insisting us little women still need a ton of help from men to get ourselves on the podium that I realized how entrenched the "poor little us" victim mentality had become. When he said "because it's 2015" it felt like we'd entered a backwards time warp.

Sisters been doin it for themselves since the 70s, fer cripesakes, and we're dang good at it. Would sure be nice if folk would quit treating us like pathetic victims who need all kinds of special stuff to get where we want to go.

I'm lookin' at you, JT. Until you can say with a straight face you wouldn't give a cabinet position to a better-qualified woman just to maintain gender parity in your cabinet, you're being condescending. Knock it off. Until you're prepared to fully address the issue of abused men, many of them fathers of young children who need your support, you are being sexist. Knock it off. We gals have had our big-girl pants on for quite some time now, and we don't need you implying to our kids and grandkids that us women are weaklings who need special treatment. Knock it off. /rant off
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

rustled wrote:[
You know, after a couple of decades of not feeling women needed a hand up, it made sense to me to start pulling back on resources. The generation of folk who wouldn't listen to the news if the anchor was a woman has been long gone. When JT decided to patronize women by insisting us little women still need a ton of help from men to get ourselves on the podium that I realized how entrenched the "poor little us" victim mentality had become. When he said "because it's 2015" it felt like we'd entered a backwards time warp.

Sisters been doin it for themselves since the 70s, fer cripesakes, and we're dang good at it. Would sure be nice if folk would quit treating us like pathetic victims who need all kinds of special stuff to get where we want to go.

I'm lookin' at you, JT. Until you can say with a straight face you wouldn't give a cabinet position to a better-qualified woman just to maintain gender parity in your cabinet, you're being condescending. Knock it off. Until you're prepared to fully address the issue of abused men, many of them fathers of young children who need your support, you are being sexist. Knock it off. We gals have had our big-girl pants on for quite some time now, and we don't need you implying to our kids and grandkids that us women are weaklings who need special treatment. Knock it off. /rant off

The only way to facilitate gender equality is to promote gender equality. Eventually, it will become a self-fulfilling legacy.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

justincase wrote:
rustled wrote:You know, after a couple of decades of not feeling women needed a hand up, it made sense to me to start pulling back on resources. The generation of folk who wouldn't listen to the news if the anchor was a woman has been long gone. When JT decided to patronize women by insisting us little women still need a ton of help from men to get ourselves on the podium that I realized how entrenched the "poor little us" victim mentality had become. When he said "because it's 2015" it felt like we'd entered a backwards time warp.

The only way to facilitate gender equality is to promote gender equality. Eventually, it will become a self-fulfilling legacy.

I doubt the idealogues will ever recognize gender equality. They're far too married to the victim-perpetrator narrative to give it up, and will continue to present their peculiar grievances to support their cause.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

justincase wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:

Thank you, Green, you couldn't even let it lie with baited breath, as I suspected you couldn't. You just made my point about the little respect or concern you or your Conservatives have for Canada's women and the contribution they have made in the past and will make in the future, given a half a chance. :chicken:

Justincase, I'm going to say that you haven't read enough of GBs posts to understand that he is sickened by abuse of women, supports women in all their endevours, and has spoken in defense of women from other countries many times over.

GB does not support appointing people by using the gender bias, or by gentialia, he supports the "best person for the job" and sometimes that isn't a woman because a different persons education and experience may prove invaluable to a job position over a womans. IN other words, being a woman is not a prerequiste to getting every job applied for.

You have maligned him in this post.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Too often the " best person for the job" is just a cover. Why shouldn't there be equal opportunity? Why shouldn't there be equal representation? Why are Men seen as strong and powerful in a BR, women get called a *bleep*. Haven't noticed all the men running the World doing a stellar job.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Agreed, it can be a catch phrase for a lot things, "I want my friend to have the job." Or lots of things.

But the new Commissioner of the RCMP is a woman. Finally right? Because all the previous men failed at bringing this organization to a better place.

But Justincase was attacking GB for supposedly having an anti-woman stance, he doesn't.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

normaM wrote:Too often the " best person for the job" is just a cover. Why shouldn't there be equal opportunity? Why shouldn't there be equal representation? Why are Men seen as strong and powerful in a BR, women get called a *bleep*. Haven't noticed all the men running the World doing a stellar job.

It has been equal opportunity for many years, with successive PMs appointing a greater number of women as a greater number of women were elected MP.

JT promised before the election he'd have a 50-50 split, and he made that promise not knowing who would be elected MP.

Had he not made that promise, and had simply selected the best people for each position, he may well have had more women than ever in cabinet. Instead, he created a scenario that guaranteed people would suspect each of those women may be there because they're a woman. That's not equality. That's not respect. It's fluff and nonsense.

No one would dream calling it equality if we were making sure we had 50 per cent men making up a board where the majority of candidates were women.

I do agree that there's still a double-standard about how men and women are treated when their in leadership positions. That'll change as more women assume leadership positions but only if they do so on merit, and not to fill some daft quota.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Queen K wrote:Agreed, it can be a catch phrase for a lot things, "I want my friend to have the job." Or lots of things.

But the new Commissioner of the RCMP is a woman. Finally right? Because all the previous men failed at bringing this organization to a better place.

But Justincase was attacking GB for supposedly having an anti-woman stance, he doesn't.

I wouldn't say "finally". I'd suggest women have been in the force long enough now that there are naturally more women getting to the top on merit.

She has considerable experience working with First Nations, too, and may well be the best person for the job, period. I wish her every success in this very challenging position.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She has success with FN in Northern Manitoba, and a whole lot more than that. When I say "finally" is she not the first woman in this particular career position for the RCMP?

I celebrated IWD by going to work, just like my mom did every day of her working life. And the men in my same job? They got paid exactly what I got paid. Unlike the 89 yr old who got 5 cents a box beside her male co-workers who got 10 cents a box.

Do I dream of being a supported housefrau who gets to stay home, meal plan, shop, cook, clean up, do house work and make sure the appointments are made and kept? YOU BET! But I wouldn't be a broke *bleep* housefrau like the first time I played that gig ha ha, and I'd be managing my rental and learning how to sell and ship stuff over the 'net creating new write offs for the house. Always thinking.

But until that day should come (NormaM is splitting her sides laughing her a@@ off right now, inside joke sorry Rustled), I'll continue to go to work. :up:

Return to “Canada”