International Women's Day

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: International Women's Day

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I lost three close friends (who were older than me) to pancreatic cancer in 2016. I was surprised how little money has been spent on researching and trying to cure pancreatic cancer. And the saddest thing is that these guys didn't even know they had it until it was too late, as the symptoms appear when you are already in stage 4 and basically terminal. I'd like to see what money is spent researching cancers that kill mostly men (prostate, pancreatic, liver) vs women (ovarian, breast). QK - do you know where someone could find these stats?

The real tragedy is that we know what causes most cancers but we can't make people change on an individual level.
I can't make anyone do anything which may be of assistance to themselves. And isn't that getting into control issues anyway?

But NormaM is right, :topic:

Why do we have International Women's Day and how did it morph into such angry and less and less subtle messages?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
normaM wrote:Not sure why this thread morphed into why women live longer.

Glacier brought it up. It is interesting. Also interesting as to why no one seems to care.

I can think of many who care about who is dying on the job and who isn't. Yes, it appears to be men mostly, but we don't fix that by making more women die on the job. If I get killed during my job, I don't negate the 2 men who died before me and even that up. It's just more tragedy (for someone).
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Yea, I thought it a good article, I know when my bestie diagnosed I did a mess of research.
People do care but if you factor in the risk taking and the hesitation to go see a Doctor. The idea of it being unmanly to seek medical attention. More focus needs to be on Men's Health, but if one doesn't want to see a Dr ( I'm fine it is just a flesh wound) not much we can do :(
It is good K Town has this Centre
http://www.kelownaprostate.com/
And just to add we don't fund orphan cancers research hardly at all.
Good point Queen.
Don't forgot Mother's Day right around the corner trying to get bot
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I will take the 21 minutes to watch that Glacier another time. I've been on here far too long!
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Glacier wrote:

Summary of your video post?
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

https://gizmodo.com/its-international-w ... 1823624212

Though small in comparison to the number of folks searching for the actual holiday March 8th is designated as, a growing portion of people (men, one imagines) commemorate all that women have given to the world by wondering why they’re being left out—leading to search spikes for “International Men’s Day” each March. WHY CAN’T WE HAVE A DAY? one imagines them shouting to a world largely built to cater to their interests.

That holiday exists. International Men’s Day is November 19th.

Search interest in International Men’s Day during International Men’s Day is, conspicuously, nowhere near as popular as during the other widely-observed gender-based holiday where, for once, men are explicitly not the focus. And before you say it, no, searches for “International Women’s Day” don’t rise on November 19th either.

Funny how men’s day is only a big deal during women’s day, when suddenly a subset of the male demographic feels their masculinity is threatened.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:
Funny how men’s day is only a big deal during women’s day, when suddenly a subset of the male demographic feels their masculinity is threatened.

Threatened by what? Made up statistics?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Made up statistics? Lol denial much?

No it’s just easily accessible data from the worlds most used website. See for yourself.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo, you're delving in to conspiracy theory territory there. The reason "international men's day" is searched during International Women's Day is that IWD is broadcast far and wide at this time every year, so people think, "hey, is there an IMD?", and they search it out. Everyone knows IWD exists, so why would they search it out on IMD? They wouldn't. By contrast, hardly anyway outside of the people who search for IMD on IWD actually know it exists. I didn't until you posted about it above (clearly I was too lazy to search for it on IWD -- unlike you ----LOL!).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Made up statistics? Lol denial much?

Exactly.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Tell me how google analytical data is made up? Do you have some alternate statistics to prove it’s made up? Or are you just so threatened by any factual data I provide that you need to scream fake news at everything?
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Omnitheo wrote:

Funny how men’s day is only a big deal during women’s day, when suddenly a subset of the male demographic feels their masculinity is threatened

This must be the males that are 40 years old living in mom's basement surfing the net all day wondering what socks Justin will have on. Their masculinity is threatened
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I had no idea there was an International Mens Day, and gave such little crap as a man that I didn't google it either, but I can see why many might.

I can see why some would hate that as there is the "men evil" ignorant attitude, just like others think Women push it too far. It's only a subset of each, and it's the dumb subsets.

Had a nice IWD with my wife though, and we didn't worry much about it other than to make a couple jokes.....next day was similar......and the ones before...hmmm odd apparently to be functional people we don't need some silly "my day" award from the world of "celebrate any achievement even it it wasn't an achievement" DAY.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Omnitheo wrote:Tell me how google analytical data is made up??

Honestly I didn't know what the hell you were talking about when you said men were feeling threatened and I still don't. It was just an inane and silly comment that made no sense. But what else is new.

Return to “Canada”