She's the new boss of the RCMP

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: She's the new boss of the RCMP

Post by Ken7 »

Hurtlander wrote:It’s my understanding that much of the problem stems back to the type (quality) of the people that are allowed to join the RCMP.
From what I’ve been told is there’s so many members off on stress leave, or abusing medical leave or maternity-paternity leave that it’s left virtually every detachment severely under staffed, and the remaining members overworked, and in far too many instances the members can’t even book vacation time because of staff shortage. Moral is at an all time low..
They need a better screening process when selecting new members. There’s too many thin skinned members that have been on long term stress leave because of PTSD after attending there first fatal car crash, or domestic homicide, or suicide etc, or the boss has yelled at them for screwing up, and they’ve never been yelled at before...
Meanwhile tow truck drivers and medics and firefighters etc are also having to deal with all the same death and carnage, but some find away to cope, and continue working.

As I come from the old school I have to agree with you on selection. It has changed over the years, common sense is gone. As you know today's younger generation are entitled. I had members book off because they actually accumulated a sick day.... what, that is insurance if you become ill no a earned day of rest.

With the advent of hiring only educated persons they sit back and look at how the system can benefit them, and it is no long what about us. Police work is team work and there is no "I" in team.

Sadly some of these entitled people do not see it that way. It is my opinion they need to do some Police work, lay some charges of FRAUD and then see how many return promptly to work.

When you hear of the RCMP member who is off due to back injury is seen out water skiing and jumping off of a house boat you say that is fraud by all definition she is not sick. She just does not like the new rural posting as her husband is a RCMP member working Municipal Detachment and it cuts into their time... That sickens me.. They both should be charged Criminally and if convicted fired!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote: They both should be charged Criminally and if convicted fired!

I don't disagree but isn't the force understaffed now and wouldn't that make it difficult to entice more to join?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:I don't disagree but isn't the force understaffed now and wouldn't that make it difficult to entice more to join?

I am not past RCMP but have many friends there. I've been told you are correct, due to illness, real and other, paternity, maternity and training they are short in many cases. This causes the working members to become ill, tired and wonder why they should put out when they see the sliders.

The other issue that has come to be, due to having to fill ethnic quotas and sex quotas the average Canadian white male is low of the selection. I know of a number who applied and would have been good candidates, they were passed off. At one time it was almost a negative to be white.

Return to “Canada”