Have you been disowned by family/friends for your politics?

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Have you been disowned by family/friends for your politi

Post by kgcayenne »

I was told once that you cannot disinherit children or it would make your will 100% contestable. You can leave them $1, $10, $20.. but not exclude them.

Anyway, I've not been disowned over politics, just religion. When it comes to Facebook I simply unfollow the sillykins who keep posting divisive things. When I'm curious about how they are doing, I can look them up individually.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

I haven't "disowned" any family or friends due to political beliefs.

But I have drifted away from friends or family due to it. Some people tend to be extremely vocal and opinionated when it comes to politics, which is fine but I just don't care as much. If that is all you post about, all you can talk about, can not have a reasonable discussion or conversation about politics without getting irate or calling names then I probably don't want to spend much time with you. And that doesn't matter if we have similar or opposing political beliefs.

To go along with Ka-El, I too have differing political beliefs then my mother. My mother, whom I love dearly, can also be very opinionated and while having a conversation with her about certain topics she can become very heated and difficult to communicate with. I just try not to bring up topics I know will causes issues, and if she brings them up or they come up naturally I will just tell her I don't want to talk about it. She will normally respect that.
hail Satan y'all
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

ninetyninepct wrote:
I told mine that if they joined the Canadian military they would be cut from my will.

I’d ask you why and what your problem is with the CF, but something tells me I’d regret it.
I am... the law!

Return to “Canada”