Will Kathleen Wynne Pull off another Win?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Will Kathleen Wynne Pull off another Win?

Post by Glacier »

She's been able to pull past elections out of the fire by defying the pundits, but will she do it again? Right now she's in 3rd place.

ontarioelection.jpg

economicgrowthOntario.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Will Kathleen Wynne Pull off another Win?

Post by Hassel99 »

15 years is about all the public can take of one party in power in Canada it seems.

Say what you like about the Fords, they speak to their base well and win elections.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Doug Ford in Ontario and Kenney taking over in Alberta soon. We just have to boot the unelected bums out in BC. It's the natural order of things though, when the federal government goes Liberal the provincial governments go Conservative. The more leftist the feds, the more extreme right go the provinces.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I'm personally shocked about Doug Ford. Sure he's not his brother and his brother was to a degree unfairly persecuted for his problems but that is public life, you are open to gutting. Just doesn't seem like the right family name to win right now on a political standpoint to me.

However the other options didn't scream winners either, and Wynne is just aweful so who knows.

Like in Canadian politics, choose from a worse and worse option.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

The NDP might pull off a surprise win. They have strong support among suburban area's. I would like to see the conservatives win as even though I am liberal the current liberal government in Ontario needs a good cleaning. I just can't vote for Doug Ford, their family problems are to much and they always cause to much chaos for my liking. Also the family got lucky because of their dad, otherwise they would not be nearly as successful or known.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

As improbable as it seems and as much as i'm not a fan of Wynne, nothing would shock me with her.
I wasn't a fan of Rob's antics but he was really liked and I don't think Doug can get that same feedback.
Right now Doug is only a star in the Ont PC bubble.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

jimmy4321 wrote:As improbable as it seems and as much as i'm not a fan of Wynne, nothing would shock me with her.
I wasn't a fan of Rob's antics but he was really liked and I don't think Doug can get that same feedback.
Right now Doug is only a star in the Ont PC bubble.

It won't last. As his platform is developed holes will be punched in it. Already since he stated he'd like to review the new sex-ed curriculum with parents and religious groups that was implemented a few years ago is souring many in the center and left to him. Even with liberal fatigue, people might gravitate to NDP instead, or just burn their vote with liberal.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Kathleen Wynne faces the same problem Steven Harper and Jim Prentice faced in recent elections. The voters have had enough, and they will hold their noses to vote for whomever will get her out of office no matter how bad the option. 70% of people on Ontario would probably vote for Lucifer over Wynne. As Harper and Prentice learned, you can't win when 70% of the population will not under any circumstances vote for you.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Ford will swagger to a win.

Ford will be Donald Trump. And Kathleen Wynne will be evil Hillary Clinton. Rumours about Ford's trafficking in his high school years will be labeled as fake news, just like Donald's past indiscretions. Expect vague attack ads against Wynne about her gender and the sex education thing. And her connection to power plant shutdowns. Nothing concrete, just like the suspicion and rumours that were floated about Hillary's e-mails.

And like Donald, Ford will pledge to make Ontario great again, and after the election it'll continue on it's path to a decaying rust belt province where the wealthy are protected and the masses absorb all the pain. Just like Trump's America.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:Ford will swagger to a win.

Ford will be Donald Trump. And Kathleen Wynne will be evil Hillary Clinton. Rumours about Ford's trafficking in his high school years will be labeled as fake news, just like Donald's past indiscretions. Expect vague attack ads against Wynne about her gender and the sex education thing. And her connection to power plant shutdowns. Nothing concrete, just like the suspicion and rumours that were floated about Hillary's e-mails.

And like Donald, Ford will pledge to make Ontario great again, and after the election it'll continue on it's path to a decaying rust belt province where the wealthy are protected and the masses absorb all the pain. Just like Trump's America.

Or you could try and look outside your liberal media echo chamber and realize that Kathleen Wynne has been a terrible premier. That's another option.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Character is defined as the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual, or the stable and distinctive qualities built into an individual’s life which determine his or her response, regardless of circumstances. No one seems to give a da*n anymore, about the ‘character’ of politicians.

A candidate can be a proven pathological liar, a hypocrite of the highest order, a crooked businessman, a racist, a draft dodger, and a philandering sexual deviate, and still be elected President of the United States.

The same disregard of character is evident in Canada. The Ontario PC’s have chosen as their leader, a former mid-level drug dealer with ties to the drug underworld, and pathological liar. And who knows what else.

Further, it appears the good folk of the province of Ontario couldn’t care less about his character – they are apparently about to choose him as their Premier.

It is a sad commentary on our times...
Last edited by OldIslander on Mar 14th, 2018, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Saw this headline and thought....Wow that was fast.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#221060

but alas I was apparently mistaken.

:biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”