Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:Better hope an old white guy doesn't win that golf tournament.

if he did there definitely would be faux outrage, followed by hyperbole and partisan rhetoric.

The SJW/Trudeau fanboys would take to the streets with placards decrying racism! Of course, only people who denounce white folks, including self-deprecating whites, would be allowed to attend. Wynne has definitely shown her true colours (pun? no - truth) in yet another Liberal public relations disaster.

A question I have: is it right that Trudeau will, at great expense to the Canadian taxpayer, campaign for Wynne in the upcoming election in Ontario? Should the taxpayers be on the hook for his Vote for Racist Kathy Tour 2018?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

BlunderBoy will be at her side, endorsing the noxious ideas she spouts. Of course we'll be in the hook for that, one way or the other.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:Better hope an old white guy doesn't win that golf tournament.

if he did there definitely would be faux outrage, followed by hyperbole and partisan rhetoric.

McIlroy won. White guy. On a course designed by that old white guy Palmer. Gonna be a rough few days before the next injustice catches the spotlight and distracts the outraged.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Meh. She hates rural Ontario. I hope she chokes on a dog toy. #FordNation
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Kathy is an old white woman - her words are ironic.. doesn't she want the youth to get out and vote " old white ppl in?
The right to vote should be taken much more seriously than it is, sigh.
Justin has been eerily quiet of late.. prolly planning another vacay at Taxpayers expense.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'd prefer never to be put in the position to choose who to vote for in Ontario, but she called it like it is.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

jimmy4321 wrote:I'd prefer never to be put in the position to choose who to vote for in Ontario, but she called it like it is.

Perhaps she could provide policies that appealed to a broader spectrum other than the galactically stupid, and she wouldn't be so afraid of old white people, or old people in general.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Isn't she an "Old white people"?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Yeah she's an old white women.
Also democracy isn't about the fringe wack jobs - Numbers win.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

jimmy4321 wrote:Yeah she's an old white women.
Also democracy isn't about the fringe wack jobs - Numbers win.

Apparently Wack jobs win too.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Bsuds wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:Also democracy isn't about the fringe wack jobs - Numbers win.

Apparently Wack jobs win too.

No doubt. While we've managed to elect a few whack jobs here in Canada this is an understatement when we look south.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 19th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe a better slogan than "Get out and vote or old white people will" should be "Get out and vote to not give any ground to the fringe wack jobs"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Hey, old white people. Stop outvoting the interests of young people and minorities.

Maybe just stop voting.

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne at Humber College on Friday said, “If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.”

So let’s count the ways this is an outrageous comment, based on the metrics liberals usually use to attack conservatives.

First, it is ageist. To suggest that old and young people may not have the same party and policies in mind on election day is presumptuous at best.

Perhaps both demographics are concerned about employment and the ability to get by on what they earn. Both have lagged under 14 years of the Liberals.

Perhaps minorities are just as concerned about hydro rates and the disappearance of manufacturing jobs in Ontario as old white people.

Her assertion is that the votes of old, white people need to be challenged and negated.

It is of course also racist. Does she feel that old black people’s votes are fine? What about elderly Chinese voters? Are they OK?

Middle aged Aboriginals? What about them?

What sort of person goes to speak to a group and makes the blatant assumption — and assertion — that the group’s interests are automatically counter to and in danger from one other particular demographic?

The answer might be a person who is pandering to the lowest common denominator on race; the sort of thing liberals like to accuse conservatives of.

Ali Taghva, writing “as a person of colour,” on thepostmillennial.com argues, “Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne has now begun to play full-scale identity politics. If you are white or old, then you automatically prescribe to have a set of beliefs, values, and pre-noted crimes. If you are young or not white, you are prescribed a different set. She does this with purpose, hoping to separate individuals along those lines with no care in regards to what that will do to our society.”

It is a shocking thing to hear from a government that insists that employers be colour-blind in their decisions, but perhaps not surprising from Wynne, as she said recently that we need to view government policy “through a race lens.”

What would happen if a similar derogatory comment about one demographic was made at a workplace?

Sunira Chaudhri, a labour lawyer at Levitt, LLP responds, “Saying that at a workplace would flood the Human Rights Tribunal with complaints.”

It is true that voting participation increases as we get older.

It is also true that visible minorities seem to vote at a smaller percentage than what some surveys call “other Canadians.”

But no responsible person would attempt to increase voter turnout in one group by demonizing another. It is shameful.

http://canoe.com/opinion/columnists/aga ... 94fb085e17
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I enjoy Kathy doesn't consider herself old.
Prolly been scoring the Senior Menu discount for years - meow. As an insanely young old white person I take umbrage.
So if the young vote are all the seniors just going to stay home voting day?
She is as dumb as a sack of dead kittens
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Canada”