Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Wynne says "Get out and vote or old white people will"

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Perhaps she could provide policies that appealed to a broader spectrum other than the galactically stupid, and she wouldn't be so afraid of old white people, or old people in general.

She should be judged by the company she keeps, and vice versa.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
WVRR2010

Post by WVRR2010 »

She's right of course and I support her proposition 100% I'm a white, 75 year old male with a more or less comfortable pension (That I paid for thank you) and most of my friends are pretty much the same. But I listen to them whine at meetings and club activities and over coffee and I can't believe how horribly backward, close minded, racist, uninformed and altogether selfish they are as a group. Worse? They are sometimes religious. Now how bloody silly is that? They care for nothing but themselves and evidently the world around them is somehow frightening and going to hell in a hand basket. Not even one of them has a good thing to say about their country, it's leadership or our growing responsibility in the world. They are nice people and awful humans and I wouldn't hand any of them the reigns of power over my dog. Trumpites every one of them.

So yes. Get those 20 somethings out to vote en mass. Bring us a little hope, a few better ideas. If I hear even one more childish *bleep* about Ontario, or Quebec, the NEP, immigrants and high taxes I'll lead their charge to the poles myself.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

normaM wrote:I enjoy Kathy doesn't consider herself old.
Prolly been scoring the Senior Menu discount for years - meow. As an insanely young old white person I take umbrage.
So if the young vote are all the seniors just going to stay home voting day?
She is as dumb as a sack of dead kittens

Yep, Wynne and crew got sucked into the windy-solar nonsense. That's shows a complete inability to do analysis.

Democracy is about EVERYBODY getting out and voting, and Wynne has just about guaranteed that older folks will at least look elsewhere.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

KiloHotel wrote:Because they are old and wise, unlike you. Just old. I'm 26 and I'll be voting for anything but liberal.. or NDP... or Green. Because I know better, and that your "horrible" friends are actually right for the most part. This country was founded and built by mostly white Europeans, who fought the natives for it and wonNo longer do we take peoples land by force. If today the First Nations still lived here and Europeans had never set foot, there could be no war without international violations that would cut attackes orr from the rest of the world (North Korea come to mind?).. Not unlike any other country or region in history, it was conqueredYes, we took it over, least we can do is not let what is left of their communities starve.. Why should we not feel entitled to what we conquered? That's not being racist, but I'm sure you'll label it as xenophobic which is just an empty buzz word meant to fill you with a feeling of virtueIt's not racist, continue to feel proud for this country while giving back to those who came out less fortunate.. So be it, enough white guilt. No more, I refuse to continue to bend over in the name of diversity and political correctness. That being said, if you are a Canadian citizen or a LEGAL immigrant I have zero problem with you regardless of race or gender or age or anything to do with your identity. As long as you uphold traditional Canadian values. Also, what in the hell is wrong with being religious? That makes someone a "horrible person" and silly?Nothing is wrong with being religious although in the past religion has caused many wars and great violence and not a single religion has ever been proven. For someone who believes in science its best to stay away from that argument. How much acid did you do in the 60s, the brain damage shows.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Old white people are traditionalists who are barely capable of keeping up with modern times. Old white people were young white people when they were complicit with crimes and lawlessness against minorities.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

KiloHotel wrote:
Because they are old and wise, unlike you. Just old. I'm 26 and I'll be voting for anything but liberal.. or NDP... or Green. Because I know better, and that your "horrible" friends are actually right for the most part. This country was founded and built by mostly white Europeans, who fought the natives for it and won. Not unlike any other country or region in history, it was conquered. Why should we not feel entitled to what we conquered? That's not being racist, but I'm sure you'll label it as xenophobic which is just an empty buzz word meant to fill you with a feeling of virtue. So be it, enough white guilt. No more, I refuse to continue to bend over in the name of diversity and political correctness. That being said, if you are a Canadian citizen or a LEGAL immigrant I have zero problem with you regardless of race or gender or age or anything to do with your identity. As long as you uphold traditional Canadian values. Also, what in the hell is wrong with being religious? That makes someone a "horrible person" and silly? How much acid did you do in the 60s, the brain damage shows.

There was more than enough land to provide for all the European invaders and the First Nations people, especially during the 1700s and 1800s when the population of would-be Canada was less than 3,000,000. You as a European are not entitled to anything your people used mass rape and genocide to get. You are not entitled to this land, otherwise your government would not have prevented FN members from going to the supreme court until the 70s and 80s to sue the government over broken land treaties. What are Canadian traditional values to you? White supremacy? Forcible moral degradation among FN communities? Forcible assimilation of FN children? Those are traditional Canadian values that were upheld for centuries and even made national policy at times. If your forefathers actually fought native men for this land instead of targetting women and children and writing falsified land treaties then you can say this land was rightfully conquered, there is a reason that the Canadian government made it illegal for FN members to go to court over land disputes until the 70s and 80s, because even the Canadian government knows it does not belong here.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Trudeau's bestie Wynne wants youngsters to vote, or else old white people will determine who wins. This is beyond racist and ageist!

Kathleen Wynne warns students to vote or old white people will decide the election
March 17, 2018 Brian Lilley Ontario Politics 11

Kathleen Wynne visited Humber College on Friday and relayed a bizarre and disturbing message to the young and ethnically diverse student body, if you don’t vote then old white people will decide the election. She even put in a plug for them to vote for her.

Even after listening to the audio several times, even after taking into account what I am sure she felt was a breezy and light-hearted tone, the words themselves are shocking coming from a politician. More than shocking they are incredibly divisive, ageist and said in another context by another politician they would have been denounced as racist.

You don’t have to believe me, listen to the audio here.

http://brianlilley.com/kathleen-wynne-w ... -election/

Wynne’s message is not only clear, it is calculated. While at an official government event, not a campaign event, she is encouraging young people to vote and trying to scare them that if they don’t do it then those old white people will vote for a conservative.

Years of election data show that Wynne is right, older people, of all races, are more likely to vote than younger people. She also knows from years of polling data that young people are more likely to vote for a left wing politician like her.

This is the type of thing people expect from professors these days, like Dr. Michael Cappello who recently gave a lecture at Trent University on why it is okay to be against whiteness.

We don’t expect this from elected leaders, especially not one working in her capacity as premier.

Nailed it.
Someone has to say it.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote:The truth of the matter is, if young people don’t get out and become part of the election process then old white people will decide the election. I really don’t think this is some kind of secret no one has figured out yet, and if relaying this truth to an audience of young people is bizarre and disturbing – well, maybe to the old white people who will lose some of their influence in electing governments that are supposedly supposed to represent the interests of everyone, although I’m an old white people and I certainly don’t feel threatened by the idea of more people voting. I’m certainly no Wynne fan (I’m hoping Ford wins for the entertainment value alone), but this criticism seems somewhat desperate at best. I do want to see young people becoming more involved in these elections because it is going to be their world next.

I'm not old like you, but I do support everyone voting. I always encourage everyone to vote, including young people, even I know they are going to waste it on trash like the NDP or Green Party. What I would never do is an "us vs them" reason to vote or use racist terms like the disgusting Wynne did in her speech. I honestly can't believe you are ok with what she was saying (and if I didn't know you better I'd consider your view kind of partisan in nature) as it is horribly racist.

Imagine if she'd said "get out and vote or Sikhs are going to decide this election" or "the old Jews in Toronto are going to decide this election" or "those LGTBQ people are going to decide this election". All of those statements are equally as awful and disgusting and divisive as what Wynne said to those young people about "old white people". She's teaching them it's ok to hate what is different from them. And that's just wrong. She should be resigning, effective immediately.

Nothing is as divisive as the segregationist policies written and supported by young white people during the 1950s and 1960s who are now the old white people at the voting booths.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

It may be an unappealing truth but she does in the most literal sense have a point. Especially under the situation which that comment was made.

If the young people don't go out and vote, the predominantly old white people who were the former largest voting block will decide the outcome.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

If you don’t vote, then somebody who looks like me is going to vote, some senior person, older than me, some white person.

What an odd and convoluted way of admitting that she looks old for her age. :135:

Young people aren’t known for being politically astute, but if these students are dumb enough to believe that their future will be made better by giving Wynne and her party another 4 years to destroy the economy, they’re on the road to a painful lesson on the virtues of increasing the voting age.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm 53, does that make me an "old white person" who is deciding the political outcome instead of a young voter?

Before you say, "yes".... :digging:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

For some of us, that makes you an ingénue. :130:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

YA come out of your old white parents basement and go and vote for a fool.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

[/quote]

There was more than enough land to provide for all the European invaders and the First Nations people, especially during the 1700s and 1800s when the population of would-be Canada was less than 3,000,000. You as a European are not entitled to anything your people used mass rape and genocide to get. You are not entitled to this land, otherwise your government would not have prevented FN members from going to the supreme court until the 70s and 80s to sue the government over broken land treaties. What are Canadian traditional values to you? White supremacy? Forcible moral degradation among FN communities? Forcible assimilation of FN children? Those are traditional Canadian values that were upheld for centuries and even made national policy at times. If your forefathers actually fought native men for this land instead of targetting women and children and writing falsified land treaties then you can say this land was rightfully conquered, there is a reason that the Canadian government made it illegal for FN members to go to court over land disputes until the 70s and 80s, because even the Canadian government knows it does not belong here.[/quote]

What happened to the Huron Tribe of canada? Seems everyone has a history of war, attacking others and stealing what wasn't their's. Research the topic, killing innocent people, women and children, stealing their land, burning their villages. Basically whipping them off this planet.
Before the French arrived, the Huron had already been in conflict with the Haudenosaunee Confederacy (Five Nations).
on March 16, 1649, when a Haudenosaunee war party of about 1000 entered Wendake and burned the Huron mission villages of St. Ignace and St. Louis in present-day Simcoe County, Ontario, killing about 300 people.
There will never be an end to justifying one self, ignoring your wrongs and moving forward.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Great post zoo. I wish that the people who you are trying to capture as an audience would understand your message. They don't understand that all places are inhabited with people who took the place by force and that the FN are no exception to fighting for land. We all share this great country now because past history brought us together. We can either choose to live peacefully together and move forward or continue to fight and point fingers at who is wrong and right. I would like to see us all atand strong. White values, FN values, I don't care as long as we work together and continue to study science and move our country forward.

Return to “Canada”