Chinese telecom company could spy on Canadians

DblDwn11
Fledgling

Chinese telecom company could spy on Canadians

Post by DblDwn11 »

In spite of repeated warnings, the Liberal government lets Chinese telecom company in the front door.

“Former Canadian Security Intelligence Service directors Ward Elcock and Richard Fadden as well as John Adams, who headed of the Communications Security Establishment, say Huawei poses a national security threat. They weighed in after the heads of the FBI, CIA, National Security Agency and Defence Intelligence Agency recently told the U.S. Senate intelligence committee that Huawei smartphones and equipment could be used to spy on Americans, especially the next generation of 5G technology.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-federal-government-wont-block-huaweis-business-in-canada/

“Canada has been wary of Huawei’s operations for years, but the company’s presence here has been growing even as security experts say Ottawa has not been as aggressive as other Western countries, such as Britain, in testing Huawei’s equipment for security vulnerabilities.”
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Chinese telecom company could spy on Canadians

Post by Catsumi »

Casatanet conversations and debates could be compromised?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

If you're trying to tell me that that company is spying after Ron and Don on HNIC both work for a network that promotes these phones, then I'm rocked to the core.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Everyone is spying on everything you do whether it's walking through the Mall or surfing the internet!
Either deal with it or move totally off grid somewhere.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Canada”