Peter Pan Prime Minister

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Peter Pan Prime Minister

Post by Ken7 »

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/justi ... -minister/

If this article doesn't pin point it, no one will!
Snman
Übergod

Re: Peter Pan Prime Minister

Post by Snman »

Now queue the replies calling that story a 'right wing nut bar's opinion'.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Ken7 wrote:https://www.thepostmillennial.com/justin-trudeau-the-peter-pan-prime-minister/

If this article doesn't pin point it, no one will!

That hit the nail square on the head.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

I have another name for the idiot, but can't post it here. :biggrin:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

You guys don't get it. JT is doing exactly what the Liberal party wants him to do, get Facebook likes etc. He is snagging the votes for those for whom fashion and "being cool" matters.

All the "icky stuff" like budgets, defense, foreign relations, health care etc. are done by the serious folks that can't operate in that "social media buzz" space nearly as well. People like Morneau (who can actually do math), Philpott, Freeland quietly go about actually making things happen while JT flits about and gets a ton of "buzz".

It makes a good balance. I worked with regional manager who was like that. "Hail fellow, well met" and all that stuff, but couldn't even handle email properly let alone do a budget. That guy could make a customer feel happy about us being late on delivery, shipping the wrong stuff, and overcharging him for it! All the "icky stuff" like budgets, expense control, safety programs, computer systems, union contracts... that was left for me to quietly just "make it go away" in the background. As a team, it worked a treat! Very successful... he looked competent because all that stuff was in order, yet he had no clue about 80% of it.

JT is doing exactly what the Liberals, as a team, need. Calling it Peter Pan or whatever just makes it more effective.

Voters who care about policy will watch and see what Morneau and Philpott and Freeland and McKenna and crew do, things like completing CETA, completing a health care accord with the provinces, approving the TMX, getting Canada exempted from Trump's steel tariffs, signing the CPTPP, raising interest rates and tightening mortgage rules... those are things that policy voters look at, and so far a pretty good package.

The "Facebook likes" voters enjoy the stuff JT drives the opposition nutso with. So the Liberals get the best of both worlds.

"Peter Pan" it may be, but it is effective in snagging crucial extra votes. What makes it work is that JT is smart enough, enough to know what his role is, enough to know to leave the "icky stuff" to the real pros. His role isn't to be "the boss", and "the boss" doesn't fit as an image with many voters.

It may just be that "Peter Pan" is the right prime minister for this juncture in time - the age of Trump and Brexit etc.

ETA, this a quiet background move that I like: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/taxes/tax-time-2016-solar-tax-treatment-1.3442516

Taxing away part of Wynne's ridiculous "microFIT" program :biggrin:
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Thank you. It seems that many of the armchair politicians owns the forums believe that
1) everything our government does is personally the product of Justin Trudeau.
2) a government can only process 1 thing at a time. If we’re offering Canadians the freedom to choose their own pronoun, we’re not negotiating trade deals.

These are both false.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Omnitheo wrote:Thank you. It seems that many of the armchair politicians owns the forums believe that
1) everything our government does is personally the product of Justin Trudeau.
2) a government can only process 1 thing at a time. If we’re offering Canadians the freedom to choose their own pronoun, we’re not negotiating trade deals.

These are both false.

A valid point, although the second item escapes me to be honest. Can we agree that others tend to blame Harper for everything the previous government did? Works both ways I think.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

That is certainly true, however we do also know that Harper exerted greater control over everything that happened in office under his tenure. And thus there is further onus on Harper for a lot of actions that occurred under his leadership.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Perhaps, but some would suggest this is due to the fact that Trudeau leaves the decisions to others since he is unable, or unwilling, to make them himself.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:I have another name for the idiot, but can't post it here. :biggrin:

does it sound like can't.jpg

i CAN'T either
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Care to source that?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Omnitheo wrote:Care to source that?

Pretty sure it's a 'fake quote' but it is funny and it does, imho, reflect something people might expect him to say. As they say, there is some truth in humour. Anyway, if you can't laugh at your Prime Minister, who can you laugh at? :130:
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

People are too easily fooled by any fake image macro that comes across their Facebook. This is how Russian trolls spread propaganda. Suddenly you have a bunch of outraged people incapable of critical thought that are willing to just believe anything that conforms to their bias.

All of my research for this quote has turned up that it is completely fake. I don’t know about everyone else here, but I would never want to post anything that was deliberately false or misleading. That is why I reference my posts. If I was so easily fooled by such a quote, it would undermine everything else I said.

So in this case, now everything sobrohusfat says should be taken with a grain of salt. This is why it’s important to back up your claims, and to ensure that you too are not spreading lies or fake news.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 23rd, 2018, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote: This is why it’s important to back up your claims, and to ensure that you too are not spreading lies or fake news.

Except when your "back-up" to your lies and fake news is just links to fake news generating sites like Vox and Buzzfeed. Then you are just perpetuating and substantiating fake news with more fake news.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”