Peter Pan Prime Minister

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Peter Pan Prime Minister

Post by hobbyguy »

sobrohusfat wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:I have another name for the idiot, but can't post it here. :biggrin:

does it sound like can't.jpg

i CAN'T either

That picture certainly does appear to be fake news generated from who knows where.

Posting such stuff without any back up seems rather irresponsible.

The credible links on the topic that I was able to find contradict entirely what that apparent propaganda tries to portray:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/09/18/old-stock-canadians-phrase-chills-prof-ignites-twitter.html and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCUoRpOibCo and https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/the-politics-of-2036-when-canada-is-as-brown-as-it-is-white/article33814437/

As you posted it, I would suggest it is incumbent upon you to back it up with credible sourcing.

Yes, you can have the opinion that our current prime minister is "Peter Pan", but you are not entitled to promulgate apparently false nonsense.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

[quote="hobbyguy"]You guys don't get it. JT is doing exactly what the Liberal party wants him to do, get Facebook likes etc. He is snagging the votes for those for whom fashion and "being cool" matters.

All the "icky stuff" like budgets, defense, foreign relations, health care etc. are done by the serious folks that can't operate in that "social media buzz" space nearly as well. People like Morneau (who can actually do math), Philpott, Freeland quietly go about actually making things happen while JT flits about and gets a ton of "buzz".

It makes a good balance. I worked with regional manager who was like that. "Hail fellow, well met" and all that stuff, but couldn't even handle email properly let alone do a budget. That guy could make a customer feel happy about us being late on delivery, shipping the wrong stuff, and overcharging him for it! All the "icky stuff" like budgets, expense control, safety programs, computer systems, union contracts... that was left for me to quietly just "make it go away" in the background. As a team, it worked a treat! Very successful... he looked competent because all that stuff was in order, yet he had no clue about 80% of it.

JT is doing exactly what the Liberals, as a team, need. Calling it Peter Pan or whatever just makes

The "Facebook likes" voters enjoy the stuff JT drives the opposition nutso with. So the Liberals get the best of both worlds.

"Peter Pan" it may be, but it is effective in snagging crucial extra votes. What makes it work is that JT is smart enough, enough to know what his role is, enough to know to leave the "icky stuff" to the real pros. His role isn't to be "the boss", and "the boss" doesn't fit as an image with many voters.

It may just be that "Peter Pan" is the right prime minister for this juncture in time - the age of Trump and Brexit etc"

Hobbyguy quote

Do I understand correctly?

From what you said above, it seems that Canadians trek to the polls hoping to wind up with the best possible on offer, but instead wind up with a dope, and then we depend on that dope to appoint Ministers with portfolios with wide sweeping, life altering powers on all Canadians.

What the hell have we come to?

:200:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Catsumi wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:You guys don't get it. JT is doing exactly what the Liberal party wants him to do, get Facebook likes etc. He is snagging the votes for those for whom fashion and "being cool" matters.

All the "icky stuff" like budgets, defense, foreign relations, health care etc. are done by the serious folks that can't operate in that "social media buzz" space nearly as well. People like Morneau (who can actually do math), Philpott, Freeland quietly go about actually making things happen while JT flits about and gets a ton of "buzz".

It makes a good balance. I worked with regional manager who was like that. "Hail fellow, well met" and all that stuff, but couldn't even handle email properly let alone do a budget. That guy could make a customer feel happy about us being late on delivery, shipping the wrong stuff, and overcharging him for it! All the "icky stuff" like budgets, expense control, safety programs, computer systems, union contracts... that was left for me to quietly just "make it go away" in the background. As a team, it worked a treat! Very successful... he looked competent because all that stuff was in order, yet he had no clue about 80% of it.

JT is doing exactly what the Liberals, as a team, need. Calling it Peter Pan or whatever just makes

The "Facebook likes" voters enjoy the stuff JT drives the opposition nutso with. So the Liberals get the best of both worlds.

"Peter Pan" it may be, but it is effective in snagging crucial extra votes. What makes it work is that JT is smart enough, enough to know what his role is, enough to know to leave the "icky stuff" to the real pros. His role isn't to be "the boss", and "the boss" doesn't fit as an image with many voters.

It may just be that "Peter Pan" is the right prime minister for this juncture in time - the age of Trump and Brexit etc"

Hobbyguy quote

From what you said above, it seems that Canadians trek to the polls hoping to wind up with the best possible on offer, but instead wind up with a dope, and then we depend on that dope to appoint Ministers with portfolios with wide sweeping, life altering powers on all Canadians.

That's only Liberal voters, so far, Catsumi. As one rather intelligent poster here recently pointed out, Harper made a lot of his own decisions, unlike Trudeau. (end other posters point). Trudeau is a dope, and that's exactly what the Liberal party wants him to be. So to answer your question, liberal voters have become just as you have suggested whether they planned it or not, but I don't think that is what the populace is really after. Just my opinion mind you, I could be wrong.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I agree with you Snwman as most do, judging from the outrage expressed across the country over the performance of the goof of a PM we are stuck with until election time again.

Wouldn't it be wunnerful if we could trial-run or test these guys for one year before they officially take office? Like previewing a movie to determine if you want to see it or not?

If the populace knew beforehand that JT would be rubbing shoulders with criminals, allowing ISIS into Canada and paying off terrorists, making a total jerk of himself in India, waffling on pipeline, burning us with higher taxes and out of control spending, refusing to answer questions in a clear manner, .....does ANYONE out there believe he would have been granted the highest office in the land?

A year long test run of "elected candidates" might work so well federally that it might be adopted provincially and municipally.

In my dream world, I know.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote:https://www.thepostmillennial.com/justin-trudeau-the-peter-pan-prime-minister/

If this article doesn't pin point it, no one will!

I was thinking he is more like Tinkerbelle.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Bsuds wrote:
Ken7 wrote:https://www.thepostmillennial.com/justin-trudeau-the-peter-pan-prime-minister/

If this article doesn't pin point it, no one will!

I was thinking he is more like Tinkerbelle.

Tinkerbelle would be a better prime minister tho
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Catsumi wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:You guys don't get it. JT is doing exactly what the Liberal party wants him to do, get Facebook likes etc. He is snagging the votes for those for whom fashion and "being cool" matters.

Hobbyguy quote

I would comment that you seem to mistake a "boss" for a "leader". Leadership is not dictating top down. Leadership involves building consensus around ideas and concepts, and their implementations.

JT isn't a dope, in the sense that if you look at the business world example I gave, you see two different sets of intelligence at play, operating in different spheres, that when working as a team, is very effective. JT and the Liberals deliberately went out and put together a team, recruited Morneau, Freeland, Philpott and others to give them the team strength that would provide good governance. Morneau is a dead duck in a pure political exchange with the likes of Skippy Poilievre, but is eminently more competent in governance. So JT, with his "dancing skills" is there to pick up the pieces. A different set of skills.

I can't sing or play a guitar worth a tarnished penny, but if a singer/guitarist needs a stage built... yup, I could make that happen. So the headliner doesn't need the whole enchilada - but there is no point building the stage without them.

Like it or not, that's how things work these days. You need a headliner, and JT creates the headlines and buzz. JT leads, but doesn't dictate/micromanage - which is far more effective and constructive than any "boss"/micromanager can ever be.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

hobbyguy wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:I have another name for the idiot, but can't post it here. :biggrin:

sobrohusfat wrote:
does it sound like can't.jpg

i CAN'T either

That picture certainly does appear to be fake news generated from who knows where.

maybe the quote itself is wrong - don't know - it sure does seems to be a pretty accurate paraphrase of boy wonders' genius moves so far tho

Posting such stuff without any back up seems rather irresponsible.

not anywhere near as irresponsible as making Justine Airhead our head of state - turns out

The credible links on the topic that I was able to find contradict entirely what that apparent propaganda tries to portray:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/09/18/old-stock-canadians-phrase-chills-prof-ignites-twitter.html and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCUoRpOibCo and https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/the-politics-of-2036-when-canada-is-as-brown-as-it-is-white/article33814437/

As you posted it, I would suggest it is incumbent upon you to back it up with credible sourcing.

If you helped screw Canadians over by voting for this disaster it is incumbent upon you to get your head out of your anus now and help fix it

Yes, you can have the opinion that our current prime minister is "Peter Pan", but you are not entitled to promulgate apparently false nonsense.

i know the type who work diligently to screw us all even further with their endless constraints and over regulations while raping our paycheques with ever increasing wild abandon absolutely hate it ... but so far we're still entitled to a whole lot more than that.

so :cuss: you

The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think we have JT same reasons the USA has The Donald.
I agree he does come across as nothing much more than a pretty face to sell the product ( in this case the Libs)
Doubt too many ppl take Memes to be gospel.
"At one point, people are going to have to realize that maybe I know what I'm doing."
Not at that point yet Mr Prime Minister
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Well, speaking for myself, I am completely mortified that the ClownPrince is part of a tableaux designed to "entertain" us softbrained Canadians while the workings of government is basically hidden, only trotted out at budget time and less often, by the Auditor General.

Harper, Cretin, Mulroney et als, at least seemed to know, understand and have some control over their governments. They (as much as I disliked them) didn't act as if they were in a comedy show.

Who would have thought that we'd descend, with breath taking speed, to the circus-like opera we have now?

Why have elections at all?

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Catsumi wrote:Why have elections at all?

So that people can vote for the party that they wish to represent t them. Just because you have an unpopular opinion and endorse a different candidate than the majority group of voters doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be elections. If you have a problem with the current electoral system, then you should support one of the proposed changes to how voting is done.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Omnitheo wrote:
Catsumi wrote:Why have elections at all?

So that people can vote for the party that they wish to represent t them. Just because you have an unpopular opinion and endorse a different candidate than the majority group of voters doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be elections. If you have a problem with the current electoral system, then you should support one of the proposed changes to how voting is done.

I think what Catsumi meant was 'why have elections (with Trudeau on the ballot) at all?' :biggrin:
However, we have seen that I can be wrong now and then. :200:
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Methinks the Conservative fans are jealous because because their "airhead" party leader has neither the "buzz appeal" nor the substance.

JT IS marketing 101. We would probably all like it if all voters based their decisions on policies and analysis of competency in governance etc. But they don't!

Harper knew that. He was very careful in his "brand" marketing. He "owned" the brand of "fiscal responsibility and economic management" even while running up deficits and making reckless tax expenditures. We see how effective Harper's marketing was in that even today, we see posters here who refuse to accept that the fiscal record of the Harper governments was spotty as heck - despite factual records of deficit after deficit.

Head to head, Scheer loses the "marketing wars" with JT. Scheer knows that, and I suspect that is why he leans so heavily on Skippy the peanut chucker. Making that more difficult is that Scheer has not articulated any real substance either, so he can't counter the "Peter Pan" effect with substance and gravitas.

JT is NOT the substance of what the Liberals are doing. Serious folks like Jane Philpott (a novel concept - a physician as health minister), Bill Morneau, Chrystia Freeland et al take care of the substance and gravitas - and so far very well.

"Peter Pan" gets the voters that vote on "sunny ways" branding, and the Liberal team gets the voters that are looking for substance and gravitas.

Meanwhile, the NDP/LEAP civil war is playing into the hands of the Liberals and the goofy Greens. IF that civil war keeps going, then the federal NDP are not just toast, but burnt toast. The NDP stand to lose about 1/3 of their support in that civil war. About 6% of the vote. If the Liberals get 25% of that - 1.5 points in an election is a big deal. I can't see the Conservatives getting any of that potential "break" in voting patterns. Like it or not, those potential gains for the Liberals will be down to "Peter Pan" and his "sunny ways".

The Conservatives are on the wrong tack, while it might make a few base supporters within the Conservative party feel better to attack JT as "Peter Pan", "airhead", whatever... it gains them exactly zero votes where they matter. That kind of stuff might play well in Alberta and staunchly Conservative ridings... it gains the Conservatives no seats, just bigger majorities in some of the seats they already hold.

It doesn't help the Conservatives to play Harper type games, the electorate already rejected that.

But I guess it feels good for the base.
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

'Justin Trudeau and the Politics of Fear, Division and Hate'. This is a long read but well worth it!

https://www.newcenter.ca/news/2018/1/28 ... n-and-hate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Omin, you completely missed my point, and you too HG.

Let me try once again:

If we have descended into farce of our PM is to be a clown, a jack-in-the-box, fool, airhead, egghead from ANY political stripe who is ONLY responsible for standing in front of cameras BECAUSE the real work of governing is done by the non-elected behind the scenes guys, WHY have elections at all?

I don't think I can be clearer.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”