bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Sikhs need not wear helmet

Post by bob vernon »

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: The outrage! Rant at your pleasure

Post by GordonH »

impo go right ahead, oh but 1 thing they must sign a waiver. Any head injuries resulting in medical expenses are out of their own pocket.

Why should taxpayers be on hoof for any possible & preventable head trauma.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I do hope there is a bottom to this hill Canada is sliding down ? What happened to everyone being equal ?

Where did my Country go ?
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Not really anything to rant about. If someone doesn't want to wear a helmet then go right ahead.
I've seen the aftermath of a helmet-less cyclist being involved in an accident, it's not a pretty sight.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Frisk wrote:Not really anything to rant about. If someone doesn't want to wear a helmet then go right ahead.
I've seen the aftermath of a helmet-less cyclist being involved in an accident, it's not a pretty sight.

Yes, however if you hit the motorcyclist while operating your vehicle and you are at fault. Perhaps a collision that would have resulted in little or no injuries is now huge. Also many times the charges laid in a collision are influenced by the severity of the injury.

Still unconcerned ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

GordonH wrote:impo go right ahead, oh but 1 thing they must sign a waiver. Any head injuries resulting in medical expenses are out of their own pocket.

Why should taxpayers be on hoof for any possible & preventable head trauma.

Agreed! They want to claim it’s their “religious/identity” right to break a fundamental law that applies to every other Canadian go right ahead. It’s your brain that will be a squashed watermelon as soon as it hits the pavement. No need to send them to the hospital, just pull out the body bag, scoop/stuff ‘em in.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

my5cents wrote:Yes, however if you hit the motorcyclist while operating your vehicle and you are at fault. Perhaps a collision that would have resulted in little or no injuries is now huge. Also many times the charges laid in a collision are influenced by the severity of the injury.

Still unconcerned ?

You do have a good point.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think as long as there is some legislation to cover the "ride at your own risk" factor with this increased danger, it's fine. However I think this should not be a religious thing, let everyone have this option in an equal and fair country.

I'm not gonna do it, I like wearing my helmet, but it seems like if people get the choice, then people should have the choice.
squash junky
Fledgling

No helmet?

Post by squash junky »

GordonH

Re: No helmet?

Post by GordonH »

There is a thread started here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77766
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

As for religious rights, there was the Church of the flying spaghetti monster, (pastafarians) that dictates the wearing of a spaghetti strainer on one's head, was turned down by ICBC, as appropriate head gear for a DL photo.

I'm a proud atheist so no matter if you pray to God, Allah, or the flying spaghetti monster, you all should either obey the law that I have to, or everyone claiming a religion gets to wear their chosen head gear.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wondering if private insurance companies in Alberta would actually cover these riders or any rider not wearing proper helmet.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

GordonH wrote:Wondering if private insurance companies in Alberta would actually cover these riders or any rider not wearing proper helmet.

Good question.....but we could use more organ donors so maybe this is a good thing :130:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Any head injuries resulting in medical expenses are out of their own pocket.

I agree but it will probably never happen even if they sign a waiver.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Wondering if private insurance companies in Alberta would actually cover these riders or any rider not wearing proper helmet.

vegas1500 wrote:Good question.....but we could use more organ donors so maybe this is a good thing :130:

As long as they sign the donor card, then all is good.

Return to “Canada”