Sikhs need not wear helmet

Whyme2
Übergod

Re: No helmet?

Post by Whyme2 »

So if one of these none helmet wearers have an accident and have a head injury requiring medical why should tax payers have to flip the bill.
Maybe for religious reason they can also sign they decline medical coverage if something happens. :200:
Poindexter
Guru

Re: The outrage! Rant at your pleasure

Post by Poindexter »

If your god is the only protection you want then put your money where your faith is and sign a waiver on personal injury insurance.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

If we’re gonna do that, are we gonna start denying medical coverage to diabetics who’ve drank pop or eaten a candy bar? Maybe we’ll refuse treatment for a skier, because they put themselves in danger by participating in such an activity. Should we bother rushing a drowning victim to the hospital because they went swimming without full Red Cross certification?

Or do we only decline medical attention to different ethnic and religious groups? Perhaps we can reimburse Muslims healthcare costs because they don’t consume alcohol.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

So how many bikers are going to learn how to tie a turban now.

How does one prove they are a Sikh to the police or how do the police prove you are not a Sikh?
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Omnitheo wrote:If we’re gonna do that, are we gonna start denying medical coverage to diabetics who’ve drank pop or eaten a candy bar? Maybe we’ll refuse treatment for a skier, because they put themselves in danger by participating in such an activity. Should we bother rushing a drowning victim to the hospital because they went swimming without full Red Cross certification?

Or do we only decline medical attention to different ethnic and religious groups? Perhaps we can reimburse Muslims healthcare costs because they don’t consume alcohol.

Our courts already reduce awards for injured parties who fail to wear seat belts.

The fly in the ointment is the fact that our spineless politicians leagalized the use of turbans in place of motorcycle helmets.

So the nitwit on the motorcycle with only protection of fabric is in total compliance with the law.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I wonder if they wear helmets on a battlefield.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so , religion over safety now :135: what a spinless govt we now have
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Omnitheo wrote:If we’re gonna do that, are we gonna start denying medical coverage to diabetics who’ve drank pop or eaten a candy bar? Maybe we’ll refuse treatment for a skier, because they put themselves in danger by participating in such an activity. Should we bother rushing a drowning victim to the hospital because they went swimming without full Red Cross certification?

I get what your saying because it's true, we are all our own worst enemy so why pull one group of risk takers out of the mix and apply different rules to them. In this case however, that is exactly what they're asking us to do. They want to be pulled out of the mix and have different rules applied to them. It's a want your cake and eat it too thing in my opinion.

But I will admit, I am not completely sure my opinion isnt swayed by my bias against all religion. So on second thought, maybe I'm not the best person to have on the jury in this case.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Is this really that much of a big deal? Let alone "outrage"?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Even Steven wrote:Is this really that much of a big deal? Let alone "outrage"?

I guess some of us don't feel it's right to have different laws for different people and feel it is a big deal.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Maybe we should just be grateful that catholics don't also have a special hat because if that were the case, no one would be wearing a damn helmet. :-X
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

The Sikh Motorcycle Club of Ontario praised Alberta's decision and says Ontario should follow suit. "We call upon the government of Ontario to set aside its unfounded subjugation and allow Sikhs to ride motorcycles with turbans in Ontario," the club said in a statement. "It is unfortunate that the Liberal Party of Ontario under Premier Kathleen Wynne remains adamant on its stand to deny the Sikhs this basic right."

Sadly, the Sikh Motorcycle Club of Ontario was swept away on a wave of hyperbole. [icon_lol2.gif]

Wynne could always counter with ‘Unlike the governments of some other provinces, my government places equal value on the lives of Sikhs.’
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well its a big deal to them ,so ya its a big deal
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

The turbans are all NDP orange...coincidence ?
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just dip the Turbans in plastic and they are good to go.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Canada”