Come Clean on Gun Plan

Nedroj
Übergod

Come Clean on Gun Plan

Post by Nedroj »

Good ol Stephen Fhur/Justin Trudeau pulling a classic liberal move trying to gain some attention (and votes) by riding off of the current gun control movement in the USA. Why do we need to change any laws regarding gun control in Canada when in 2016 there was only a grand total of 611 murders nation wide and only 223 of those were committed using a gun? Going off of the stats I do not see an issue with our current gun control laws as they seem to be working just fine considering the facts. Im curious as to how many of the gun related murders were committed by legal owners vs criminals that would never be allowed to get their PAL which would show that the current regulations in place to legally purchase a rifle are working. And good Im glad Sheer is trying to get the AR15 reclassified as a non-restricted hunting rifle as there are many other AR style rifles out there that are the exact same in every way but are classified as a regular semi-auto hunting rifle. For example the AR10 which is the exact same as a AR15 but fires a larger caliber round than the AR15 is perfectly legal and most variations are classified as non-restricted.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
monilynno
Board Meister

Re: Come Clean on Gun Plan

Post by monilynno »

While the liberals have punished the most law abiding demographic in Canadian society "The Licensed Gun Owner" with unnecessary laws, they just snuck in Bill C-75 on Thursday just as the the Easter weekend started, bill C-75 actually reduces safety in Canada. They are calling it the Justice Reform Bill. It reduces sentences on crimes like beating your wife, knowingly marrying someone under 16, smuggling guns, and an assortment of other liberal insanity. I suggest you read the bill and phone your MP. These lunatics need to go. http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42 ... st-reading.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

This is hilarious! Gun smugglers are to have their sentences reduced? This is part of gun control???

April Fools Day year around with the Federal Libs with Monsieur Dressup at the helm.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

Mr. Fuhr is using fear and ignorance to push the anti-gun agenda. There are already enough laws on the books regarding firearm use. You even have to have firearm license to possess a reproduction single shot muzzle loading black powder firearm that was designed almost 200 years ago. They pose no real threat to public safety. The gun control act is based on fear and ignorance and the ulterior motive is to disarm the Canadian people and to get political support. . It is purposely complicated and onerous and draconian and thousands of millions of taxpayers dollars has been spent and continues to be spent monitoring and watching law abiding people.
The fact is, nobody is Canada actually owns any firearms.Thus the PAL, possession and acquisition license. They belong to the state and you get a license to possess them and keep them in your home and use them under certain conditions. This license gives you permission from the government to do this. But if that license expires or is revoked or you don`t have one, the government sends armed men to confiscate "their" firearms without any compensation for the costs. This does not happen with motor vehicles or any other property. Private property is regulated by the provinces, not the federal government. The federal government over stepped their powers with firearms claiming that this was a "public safety issue". This was done at the urging of certain vociferous groups who wanted action and did not care about property rights or the sovereignty of the provinces. The federal Liberals hold the provinces hostage with things like CPP and OAS and other monies for federal funding. Alberta and other provinces challenged this overstepping of the federal government but the Supreme court was biased for the Chretien Liberals and ruled in favour for them. Their reasoning was that firearms cross provincial borders. Of course so do automobiles that are regularly used for crimes but we see no federal drivers licenses and registration. Firearms owners are also checked every 24 hours in a police database to ensure they have committed no wrongs. They are thought of as ex cons on parole although they only have to report every so often. Firearms owners are considered by the state and anti-gun people to be mass killers in waiting ready to murder at any given moment. Owning a gun does not make people murderers but they are afraid and so we have the gun control act based on fear.
I think this new bill is pandering to Quebec who just introduced their own draconian and totalitarian gun registry. They wanted something done to further their power so they pulled the federal strings. They want to know where "their" guns are so they can confiscate them whenever they want and they wanted certain guns banned. So we have bill C-71 now.
Many people did not want the federal gun registry abolished because the location of the governments guns were now not so clear. So this new bill introduces a new type of registry where firearms can be traced for future confiscation. Certain firearms are now being made prohibited. They can be possessed and maybe be used at ranges. They cannot be sold except in certain circumstances. They will need to be registered so that when the owner is no longer living, armed government men will be able to confiscate them from the estate for destruction.
The entire premise of the gun control act is that citizens, who are suppose to be the people in charge, are not be trusted with firearms and that those who own firearms are potential killers in waiting ready to explode at a moments notice.That we have to spend thousands of millions of dollars monitoring their every move and that they can only possess certain firearms because some are more dangerous than others although all firearms, even old reproduction muzzle loaders are dangerous in their eyes. The facts of course do not really back this up. Gun crime has been exaggerated by the media and other anti-gun people. They are laws backed up by paranoia and fear and ignorance and this is very useful for many politicians to use to get support and votes. They present this "problem" and then offer themselves up as the solution. The oldest trick in the book.

Return to “Canada”