PM Promises Pipeline

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: PM Promises Pipeline

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Here he goes again. Shouldn't he have learned the first time he said it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Here he goes again. Shouldn't he have learned the first time he said it?

What a dumb-arse. He is supposedly "fighting" for BC and Alberta and our pipeline, taking time out from his jet-setting and hob-knobbing to hold useless "emergency" meetings in Ottawa with our unelected grinning idiot premier, and now here he is virtue-signaling to Euro-trash scumbags and elites in France to try and fit in with the far left and their quaint anti-oil nonsense. Sucking and blowing at the same time doesn't work Justin.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

setting himself up for that UN job
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

christopher wrote:setting himself up for that UN job

if his ability to unite all religions in Canada is any indication (over the whole "declare you are pro-abortion or lose funding" nonsense) then Justin should be in the UN. He'd have the Israelis, the Iranians and the Palestinians all hugging and sobbing in no time.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

How did this imbecile get elected?
Last edited by Snman on Apr 18th, 2018, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Trudeau will breeze to another majority win. He's like all those successful Liberal leaders before him: all things to a majority of people. He's an environmentalist AND he's in favour of the pipeline. A national Pharmacare plan is about to be unveiled, just in time for the next election to the delight of the growing senior population on prescriptions. And like, he legalized weed, man.

Who is his opposition?: the NDP have a leader in a turban who doesn't have a seat in the House. The Conservatives have a guy who's past anti-women stances just drive thinking women into the Liberal camp. Justin's a feminist. Just ask him. JT will win going away.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: The Conservatives have a guy who's past anti-women stances just drive thinking women into the Liberal camp. .

Pure garbage.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I regret I can’t replace my car tomorrow with a new Tesla. SHAME! SHAME on me for being anti oil! You guys are taking his comments so far out of context it’s not even funny.

Canada, like all countries have an obligation to help curtail climate change, and transitioning away from fossil fuels is essential for that. What Trudeau is saying is that we’re not at that stage yet. We can’t. We rely on our fossil fuels still, and the alternatives just aren’t there yet, therefor as much as he’d like to help Canada transition away, it is not something we can do, and he understands the reality of that. That is why Trudeau has done far more for Canada’s pipelines than any other prime minister in the last 15 years.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Omnitheo wrote:I regret I can’t replace my car tomorrow with a new Tesla. SHAME! SHAME on me for being anti oil! You guys are taking his comments so far out of context it’s not even funny.

Canada, like all countries have an obligation to help curtail climate change, and transitioning away from fossil fuels is essential for that. What Trudeau is saying is that we’re not at that stage yet. We can’t. We rely on our fossil fuels still, and the alternatives just aren’t there yet, therefor as much as he’d like to help Canada transition away, it is not something we can do, and he understands the reality of that. That is why Trudeau has done far more for Canada’s pipelines than any other prime minister in the last 15 years.

Only fools believe Crudeau's shtick anymore. And you don't need to buy a Tesla to be emission-free. I bought a used Nissan Leaf and it didn't cost me any more than if I'd bought some gas-guzzling SUV. It has very few clicks on the odometer, the battery is like new, and it even has eco-mode so I get much more mileage out of it than is stated in the reviews.
Deean
Fledgling

Post by Deean »

I have a hard time understanding this! Alberta owns the oil and can control our energy, but BC does not own our coastline and anybody can do anything with it in the name of Canada. The government of the day can call the emergency act and strip a province of its government. Win or lose on this pipeline thing, I shall never view Alberta the same as I use to.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Deean wrote: Win or lose on this pipeline thing, I shall never view Alberta the same as I use to.

Just imagine what the rest of the country is thinking about the gong-show going on out here right now. Our provincial government is doing everything in their power to make sue we lose out on this pipeline thing, and that is going to hurt all Canadians - not just those Canadians living and/or trying to make a life in this province. What a sad joke.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

I also regret that Canada cannot move away from oil faster, which does not mean I don’t understand that we will be hooked on oil for 20 years if they find a better energy source tomorrow. There are let’s say 22 million vehicle’s in Canada 10 times that in the USA, face it you have not seen the end of oil for some time to come.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

I appreciate your lack of comprehension.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

Ranger66 wrote:I also regret that Canada cannot move away from oil faster, which does not mean I don’t understand that we will be hooked on oil for 20 years if they find a better energy source tomorrow. There are let’s say 22 million vehicle’s in Canada 10 times that in the USA, face it you have not seen the end of oil for some time to come.

And the North American population is the least of our worries. Check out some estimates for world wide population growth and the oil demand goes hand in hand. Upwards of 9.5 Billion by 2050.

The bulk of the worlds population are the poorest nations on earth. They sure as $hit aren't buying Teslas and solar panels as these nations develop. Cheap coal fired power and diesel fueled vehicles are where it's at.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Snowbound wrote:
Ranger66 wrote:I also regret that Canada cannot move away from oil faster, which does not mean I don’t understand that we will be hooked on oil for 20 years if they find a better energy source tomorrow. There are let’s say 22 million vehicle’s in Canada 10 times that in the USA, face it you have not seen the end of oil for some time to come.

And the North American population is the least of our worries. Check out some estimates for world wide population growth and the oil demand goes hand in hand. Upwards of 9.5 Billion by 2050.

The bulk of the worlds population are the poorest nations on earth. They sure as $hit aren't buying Teslas and solar panels as these nations develop. Cheap coal fired power and diesel fueled vehicles are where it's at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable ... _countries
This is just one of the links I found when I googled 'developing nations with clean energy sources'. Don't sell the poorer countries of our planet short. Most of them are far ahead of us when it comes to renewable energy.

Return to “Canada”