Millennials in Debt

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Millennials in Debt

Post by Queen K »

I rarely agree with something so wholeheartedly as this.
Disparging millennials is gaslighting.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:

And I rarely disagree with something so wholeheartedly as this. What a giant load of crap!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:

And I rarely disagree with something so wholeheartedly as this. What a giant load of *bleep*!!

I am so glad we are wholeheartedly able to disagree the way you and I do. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Queen K wrote:

And I rarely disagree with something so wholeheartedly as this. What a giant load of *bleep*!!

It was funny, though! "Waaaaah, so many barriers! You're killing us all!"

Poor wee oblivious Dana is addressing preceding generations that successfully brought in more revolutionary change than he'll ever experience, tore down barriers he's never experienced, and adapted to create an environment where innovation thrives.

But he's angry when people suggest people like him seem to want a gold star for whenever they play a part in making the world a better place.

Hilarious!
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
BCPickles
Fledgling

Post by BCPickles »

rustled wrote:It was funny, though! "Waaaaah, so many barriers! You're killing us all!"

Poor wee oblivious Dana is addressing preceding generations that successfully brought in more revolutionary change than he'll ever experience, tore down barriers he's never experienced, and adapted to create an environment where innovation thrives.

But he's angry when people suggest people like him seem to want a gold star for whenever they play a part in making the world a better place.

Hilarious!

So many people preach accountability until it is their turn to be accountable for their choices. Accountability is lead by example and goes two ways: with ourselves and with the world.

The math and stats are all there for people who are willing and brave enough to face them.

I as a millenial (xennial technically i suppose) am not interested in people fixing my problems, only I can fix my problems.

I am however interested in past generations taking responsability for themselves and the world they created rather than whining about their kids as if someone else raised them and as if someone else was responsible for the environment that shaped them.

In 2008 a bunch of people ruined the worlds economy and left the disaster they created with huge bonuses in their accounts. There is a huge accountability problem as that is just one of the biggest in a long list of such conducts that have become normalized.

Previous generations weren't all saints and heroes, they are at least as flawed as their children and its time we all have the courage and humility to start looking for solutions rather than scapegoats.

Real work needs to be done and we don't have time as a culture for this crap.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

If I had a dime for everytime a boomer complained about my generation, I'd have enough money to buy a house in the market they ruined [icon_lol2.gif]
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.barrons.com/articles/young- ... 1555528470 time to grow up , move out of mommy and daddy's home and grow up if that's even possible , god forbid you might even have to work full time :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

zerograv wrote:If I had a dime for everytime a boomer complained about my generation, I'd have enough money to buy a house in the market they ruined [icon_lol2.gif]

how was it ruined exactly?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

BCPickles wrote:
rustled wrote:It was funny, though! "Waaaaah, so many barriers! You're killing us all!"

Hilarious!

So many people preach accountability until it is their turn to be accountable for their choices. Accountability is lead by example and goes two ways: with ourselves and with the world.

The math and stats are all there for people who are willing and brave enough to face them.

I as a millenial (xennial technically i suppose) am not interested in people fixing my problems, only I can fix my problems.

I am however interested in past generations taking responsability for themselves and the world they created rather than whining about their kids as if someone else raised them and as if someone else was responsible for the environment that shaped them.

In 2008 a bunch of people ruined the worlds economy and left the disaster they created with huge bonuses in their accounts. There is a huge accountability problem as that is just one of the biggest in a long list of such conducts that have become normalized.

Previous generations weren't all saints and heroes, they are at least as flawed as their children and its time we all have the courage and humility to start looking for solutions rather than scapegoats.

Real work needs to be done and we don't have time as a culture for this *bleep*.

As a boomer I'd have to agree that you have a valid point.

I've lived a whole life hearing people preach accountability, save for a rainy day, live within your means, etc. I think you get the drift.

The whole time however, rather than lead by example, something which encourages others to do likewise, we see nothing but endless government overspending, deficit budgets, stupid ridiculous bonuses in the millions, for people doing what they were hired to do.

Is it any wonder, we have so many living above their means, when all they see is their leaders spending like drunken sailors, whether they have the money or not. The US basically prints more money any time they need it.

Trudeau and Prime Ministers before him, are quite generous in giving millions/billions to other countries, running deficits in order to do so, and completely ignoring the plight of seniors and such who worked and supported Canada for a lifetime, yet get treated far worse than recent immigrants who have contributed nothing so far.

Simply put we don't have any good examples to emulate, we live in a society of, do as I say, not as I do, where our leaders are concerned. By leaders I mean both political and top shelf executives, those often being one and the same.

As far as 2008 goes there should be a bunch of executives in prison, and the auto manufacturers should never have gotten a bailout. They should have been told to sink or swim, just as happens with any small business in Canada.

Alberta is perhaps another good example of how our society has gone astray, in that when oil prices collapsed, far too many of those who'd worked on the rigs making top dollar, compared to the many earning at a far lower scale, simply walked away from trucks and other toys they had purchased, because they never saved a nickel for a rainy day, despite their generous compensation. That basically increased prices for all the rest of us, because you just know that the financial lenders will recoup their losses from someone.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
BCPickles
Fledgling

Post by BCPickles »

zerograv wrote:If I had a dime for everytime a boomer complained about my generation, I'd have enough money to buy a house in the market they ruined [icon_lol2.gif]

how was it ruined exactly?

The cost of housing directly and in associated costs has skyrocketed, a quick google search can bring up a pile of stats on the subject.

This alone is an enormous change in economics and in the social fabric of North America.

One thing I hear said about millennial a lot is that they still live with mommy and daddy, yeah and this is normal in cultures with high housing costs like we have, it is just the prejudices of people who grew up in a different market that feel the need to shame that.

Sure boomers moved out and got their own home at a young age, and they did it with low paying wages because housing and rental markets dramatically cheaper and the job market was abundant and supportive. Education costs were also far lower: my dad paid his way through college working a part time liquor store job, for a millennial that job won't even cover rent.

As I said, the stats are all there for those interested and brave enough to accept reality on realities terms.

Return to “Canada”