Removing and submitting ticks for testing

KelownaDavid

Removing and submitting ticks for testing

Post by KelownaDavid »

hello, here is a good thing to help out with. whether your the indoor or outdoor type.

so far this year, I have had 2. But i did not see this until Yesterday.

becareful removing these little guys.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... sting.html
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Removing and submitting ticks for testing

Post by rustled »

Does anyone know: Now that they're admitting we have Lyme in BC, are people able to get reimbursed some what they had to pay for treatment elsewhere?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I recently posted under Health, Lyme Disease a story that you may wish to look at. I think the woman interviewed was spearheading some changes re testing procedures, etc, that may interest you.

Good luck. It is a debilitating thing to be afflicted with and you deserve all the help you can get.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

As someone with chronic Lyme, I am always willing to share my story and what I’ve been through. Just PM me.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I don't "like" that you've dealt with it, TreeGuy, but I do "like" your offer to share.

Not me, and I thank my lucky stars for that. But I know at least two people personally who ended up State-side for diagnosis and treatment because health authorities here refused to acknowledge anyone in BC could have Lyme. Was wondering if there's be any reimbursement for them.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
KelownaDavid

Post by KelownaDavid »

Catsumi wrote:I recently posted under Health, Lyme Disease a story that you may wish to look at. I think the woman interviewed was spearheading some changes re testing procedures, etc, that may interest you.

Good luck. It is a debilitating thing to be afflicted with and you deserve all the help you can get.

here is the link to that thread

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=57172

Return to “Canada”