Concealed carry

Re: Concealed carry

Postby floppi » Jun 14th, 2018, 8:56 pm

I doubt we would call the fbi from Canada.
floppi
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 798
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 309 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby floppi » Jun 14th, 2018, 9:00 pm

dle wrote:
d0nb wrote:
The right to self-defense should be a given. The US Second Amendment recognizes that rather obvious fact, while Trudeau’s Charter leaves the weak to be victimized.

We just have to find solace in the fact that when they find the time, the police will investigate whatever tragedy we fell victim to. :smt045


I agree and if I may expand on your comment:
The right to self-defense should be a given. The US Second Amendment recognizes that rather obvious fact, while Trudeau’s Charter leaves the weak to be victimized.
, the right to self-defence doesn't necessarily mean with a gun - it's just that in Canada if we simply defend ourselves/property/family with anything, even our fists, we run the risk of being charged with assault or worse which is just crazy, while the perpetrator gets off scott free for the initial break and enter or whatever he/she was illegally doing involving our property. Not only does Trudeau's Charter leave the weak to be victimized, as you say, it leaves the victims without recourse and I believe it gives all the rights to the criminal flat out. What kind of a Charter is that?


That's not quite true is it? Perhaps this article will help.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/self-defe ... -1.1229180

Maybe for the must have gun loving crowd, this website will be better:

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/03/canadi ... z5ISoftc5j
floppi
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 798
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 309 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Treblehook » Jun 15th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Anyone who owns a firearm, and thinks they might use it for protection, should do all of the research necessary to understand the law and the use of potentially deadly force. Make a mistake in this area, and the consequences are unfathomable.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Treblehook
Übergod
 
Posts: 1915
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1268 posts
Joined: Jan 17th, 2011, 2:10 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Fancy » Jun 15th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Would the laws change for storage if one was to be able to carry a weapon? If not, then a home owner would be hard pressed to retrieve a weapon in a timely manner if they felt a need to defend themselves.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45568
Likes: 1135 posts
Liked in: 5998 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby jimmy4321 » Jun 16th, 2018, 8:11 am

I agree, with laws on storage of firearms, ammo etc it makes it hard to beleive you could save your family and your own *bleep* in the event of a home invasion in those sleepy hours.
In Canada you'd be best to keep hitting those batting cages or work on that golf swing.

the truth likes this post.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3837
Likes: 1027 posts
Liked in: 1758 posts
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 16th, 2018, 8:20 am

Judged by twelve or carried by six.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4976
Likes: 11159 posts
Liked in: 2839 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Fancy » Jun 16th, 2018, 8:34 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Judged by twelve or carried by six.

Seems that's advocating for the no side to concealed carry.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45568
Likes: 1135 posts
Liked in: 5998 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby the truth » Jun 16th, 2018, 8:42 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Judged by twelve or carried by six.


indeed.......
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15204
Likes: 9915 posts
Liked in: 5991 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Concealed carry

Postby bob vernon » Jun 18th, 2018, 9:01 pm

If we had enough citizens with guns this could have been prevented. Plus, they would have executed these creeps and saved society a lot of cash. We should all be allowed to carry and maintain law and order.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... t-gunpoint

Jflem1983 likes this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2245
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 1233 posts
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Verum » Jun 18th, 2018, 9:09 pm

bob vernon wrote:If we had enough citizens with guns this could have been prevented. Plus, they would have executed these creeps and saved society a lot of cash. We should all be allowed to carry and maintain law and order.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... t-gunpoint

Maybe so in this case, though I don't know where the ladies working at this establishment would store the guns. Also, it might turn off all but the most gun fetishist of their customers. Though maybe you know more about their operations than I do, but something tells me that ladies in lingerie aren't the right people to fend off armed gun men.

Anyway, there is ample evidence that arming citizens for daily carrying of guns has an overall negative effect on safety and longevity. Nobody has been able to provide convincing evidence that arming an otherwise unarmed, largely peaceful and well behaved society will increase safety, security and social freedom.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1532
Likes: 762 posts
Liked in: 1157 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby savvybusinessman » Jun 18th, 2018, 11:41 pm

bob vernon wrote:If we had enough citizens with guns this could have been prevented. Plus, they would have executed these creeps and saved society a lot of cash. We should all be allowed to carry and maintain law and order.


lol, ya, executing people without a trial is the way to go.

I don't want to anywhere near idiotic people carrying guns who think it's acceptable to execute people. I think you're looking for an anarchy forum.
savvybusinessman
Board Meister
 
Posts: 409
Likes: 82 posts
Liked in: 202 posts
Joined: Mar 13th, 2014, 1:08 pm

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 19th, 2018, 4:47 am

savvybusinessman wrote:
bob vernon wrote:If we had enough citizens with guns this could have been prevented. Plus, they would have executed these creeps and saved society a lot of cash. We should all be allowed to carry and maintain law and order.


lol, ya, executing people without a trial is the way to go.

I don't want to anywhere near idiotic people carrying guns who think it's acceptable to execute people. I think you're looking for an anarchy forum.




So if it come down to it. U would prefer to be shot than to defend yourself. Got it.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4976
Likes: 11159 posts
Liked in: 2839 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 19th, 2018, 9:04 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/22 ... ls-suspect


Guess he was supposed to just let the guy steal his truck. Way to go liberal law makers.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4976
Likes: 11159 posts
Liked in: 2839 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Ka-El » Jun 20th, 2018, 7:35 am

Verum wrote: Anyway, there is ample evidence that arming citizens for daily carrying of guns has an overall negative effect on safety and longevity. Nobody has been able to provide convincing evidence that arming an otherwise unarmed, largely peaceful and well behaved society will increase safety, security and social freedom.

I wish all these people who are so unhappy living in Canada with our Canadian values would exercise their freedom and move somewhere where they could be free to shoot at each other - perhaps Somalia, or Trump's United States.
"Just a broken-down hippy who’s been exposed red-handed totally prevaricating." - Dr. Don Boys

Verum likes this post.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 5231
Likes: 2804 posts
Liked in: 4812 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Concealed carry

Postby Verum » Jun 20th, 2018, 10:46 am

Jflem1983 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/229303/Homeowner-kills-suspect


Guess he was supposed to just let the guy steal his truck. Way to go liberal law makers.

Yes, better let an unarmed burglar steal your truck than kill them. That said, only a fool thinks that these are the only two outcomes. One can call the cops, one can interrupt the burglar and let them know the cops are on the way, etc. This was almost certainly not a situation with 2 possible outcomes.

Sroka wrote:You do it so much that you don't have to think about what you're doing

If you're not thinking about what you are doing when you kill a man who is no immediate threat to you, you certainly shouldn't have a gun. The fact is that he got his gun, loaded it, and from his own testimony and the facts as presented in that article, went outside to kill a burglar. That sounds like murder to me.

It seems that this guy is claiming that his military training made him do it, and if so, we need to consider whether it is appropriate to allow people who treat every encounter as if in a war zone to have guns. If what he says is correct, this makes me question the quality of our military and their training.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1532
Likes: 762 posts
Liked in: 1157 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests