Prime Minister groping allegation

burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Breaking: Trudeau inappropriately handled female reporte

Post by burnedatstake »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 27th, 2018, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Btfsplck wrote:Long live double standards.

Seem like a nothing burger to me. Shouldn't there be at least an official complaint from the accuser before the sharks on here start the feeding frenzy?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't see the double standard.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Fancy wrote:I don't see the double standard.

All you see is Trudeau's dreamy hair, that's why you would defend the sexual deviant 'til your last breath.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Fancy wrote:I don't see the double standard.

All you see is Trudeau's dreamy hair, that's why you would defend the sexual deviant 'til your last breath.

GF, I'm beginning to think you love JT's hair because you keep describing it as "dreamy" whereas none of us here ever do.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gone_Fishin wrote:All you see is Trudeau's dreamy hair, that's why you would defend the sexual deviant 'til your last breath.

[icon_lol2.gif] I really am on the floor laughing at your description of Trudeau's hair - really??? That's your idea of dreamy hair???
Never voted for the man btw and not once have I defended him as you well know. I noticed too you didn't address what I said and that speaks volumes.

Queen K wrote:GF, I'm beginning to think you love JT's hair because you keep describing it as "dreamy" whereas none of us here ever do.

He's the only one and he's used the term multiple times (gag).
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

MacDougall: Trudeau's answer to old 'groping' allegation puts lie to 'feminist' bona fides

ANDREW MACDOUGALL Updated: June 27, 2018

“I’m sorry. If I had known you were reporting for a national paper, I never would have been so forward.”

The words above were attributed to Justin Trudeau in an August 2000 Creston Valley Advance editorial.

For what was the future prime minister “sorry”? The words sprung from what the Advance characterized as the “groping” of its reporter by Trudeau during his visit to the region’s Kokanee Summit.

“Groping”? Why, yes sir. As the editorial puts it: “Didn’t (Trudeau) learn, through his vast experiences in public life that groping a strange young woman isn’t in the handbook of proper etiquette …”

Jarring, isn’t it? “Groping” certainly doesn’t sound like the Justin Trudeau we’ve come to know in the wake of his becoming prime minister, i.e. he of the gender-balanced cabinet, feminist foreign policy and first-ever “gender equality” budget.

But, hey, we were all young once. Let he whose actions have not prompted an editorial alleging groping cast the first stone. (Picks up stone…)

OK, it was a long time ago. And the allegation appeared in a dinky local paper. But what does the feminist prime minister have to say about it now? We don’t know. To date, no reporter has seemingly asked Trudeau directly. The best we have is a statement from his office:

“(The prime minister) remembers being in Creston for the Avalanche Foundation but doesn’t think he had any negative interactions there.”

Yikes. I’ve written enough statements to know this exquisite serving of fudge from Trudeau’s office was crafted with lawyerly precision. “Doesn’t think” and “negative interactions” aren’t the confident words of a feminist hero. They’re weasel words meant to dull a story into going away.

“Doesn’t think”? Can one forget an incident that prompts a personal apology and a newspaper editorial? And what, exactly, is a “negative interaction”? Would an incident of “groping” that prompts a personal apology and an editorial in a newspaper qualify?

Fine, it’s just ancient vapour being peddled by political opponents. But The National Post — on whose behalf the young female journalist was working in Creston in 2000 — has now added some in-depth reporting to nail down more facts.

To summarize, the reporter depicted in the editorial told her paper’s then-editor (Brian Bell) and then-publisher (Valerie Bourne) what transpired between her and Trudeau. In the words of Bourne: “She came to me just because she was distressed.” For his part, Bell says, he believed the incident happened and remembers being told about it at the time: “I consider (her) to be of sound character and that she would not have made this up.”

An editorial quoting an apology from Trudeau. Two contemporaneous accounts from the reporter’s superiors verifying both the editorial’s contents and the reporter’s character. And yet – five days later there are few visible signs of followup in the press.

snip

The Prime Minister’s Office is clearly worried. To wit, the PMO declined to say whether it or representatives of the Liberal Party had ever communicated with the reporter following the Kokanee Summit. That’s almost certainly a “yes.” And when presented with Bourne and Bell’s comments, the PMO didn’t change a single word from their original statement. In other words, Trudeau’s fuzzy “doesn’t think” trumps their recollections and, more problematically for Trudeau, the original account of the reporter. That’s right, the prime minister’s “doesn’t think” means he doesn’t believe the accuser, despite saying that women who come forward (as happened in the year 2000, in this case) with complaints of sexual misconduct must be supported and believed.

Even without Trudeau’s version of events — or forcing a reticent party to come on the record — there is enough evidence to hold Trudeau to his own standards. After all, the prime minister kicked Kent Hehr out of Cabinet for (among other things) telling an Alberta public servant she was “yummy.” Does anyone doubt Trudeau would now find the nearest yard arm for a colleague who prompted an editorial similar to his own?

There can’t be one standard for Trudeau and another for everyone else. Not on this question, not when the Prime Minister is the poster child for global feminism. We can’t have a do-as-I-say-not-as-I-allegedly-do “feminist” prime minister.

Does Trudeau deny anything untoward happened in Creston? Does he deny offering an apology in 2000? If not, for what was he apologizing? Does Trudeau doubt the publisher and editor’s contemporaneous recollections? Does groping qualify as a negative interaction? I put these questions to the PMO and got the same “doesn’t think” statement back.

Just what happened on that August day 18 years ago? Was it all a misunderstanding? If nothing happened, Trudeau should say so definitively. If something did happen, Trudeau should offer his account. And then, if he’s still sorry for his actions, Trudeau should say so and let the people decide whether his historic deeds deserve sanction.

It’s time for Trudeau to show guts, not hide behind the weasel words of his office.

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/column ... bona-fides
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Another opinion piece regurgitating what's been said before. What if he doesn't recall? With just a third person initial report, I doubt anything more will come of this.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Fancy wrote:Another opinion piece regurgitating what's been said before. What if he doesn't recall? With just a third person initial report, I doubt anything more will come of this.

You want it to go away worse than an STD. But this thing is Trudeau's herpes. He's stuck with it, and it's going to be a huge problem for him, now that the mainstream Canadian media is taking notice.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Gone_Fishin wrote:You want it to go away worse than an STD. But this thing is Trudeau's herpes. He's stuck with it, and it's going to be a huge problem for him, now that the mainstream Canadian media is taking notice.

Another wrong opinion as I could care less if it goes away or not. Mainstream media hasn't dug up anything at all and opinion pieces in the papers are just that - opinions and everyone has them right or wrong.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Even die hard anti Trump liberals are turning on JT. I have seen it with my own eyes. There is hope to save Canada from this predator in a suit
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Predator? How so?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Everything he has done is predatory. He has gone after oil and Weed. Hes pretty well killed both those once thriving western industries. They will both bounce back under new leadership.

What else. Spend and tax policies are predatory to the working people forced to pay for it all.

Apparently he is a sexual deviant now as well. Where there is smoke there is fire.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Apparently he is a sexual deviant now as well. Where there is smoke there is fire.

You have any kind of link to confirm your opinion? I've not read anything but good vibes between the Mr. and Mrs.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Everything he has done is predatory. He has gone after oil and Weed. Hes pretty well killed both those once thriving western industries. They will both bounce back under new leadership.

What else. Spend and tax policies are predatory to the working people forced to pay for it all.

Apparently he is a sexual deviant now as well. Where there is smoke there is fire.

He legalized weed and bought a pipeline.

Can you expand on your position how he attacked these two industries?
It seems clearly to me he has provided them both substantial support.

Return to “Canada”