Remove Pierre Trudeau from all buildings.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Remove Pierre Trudeau from all buildings.

Post by Ken7 »

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/08 ... buildings/

Pierre Trudeau’s name is on schools, airports, and other government buildings. However, Pierre Trudeau was one of the driving forces behind a 1969 White Paper that called for eliminating any recognition of separate Indigenous rights.

I think the Indiginous Community has to take a serious look at this guy too. How will little Justin react to that one?

So, since we are judging historical figures by today’s standards, it’s obvious that Pierre Trudeau’s name must be removed from all federal buildings. After all, why should taxpayer money go towards buildings that are promoting his oppressive memory?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Remove Pierre Trudeau from all buildings.

Post by Queen K »

I agree with removing the oppressive Indian Act. Just do it.

But removing all P. E. Trudeau from all public buildings because someone might cry?

Gimme a break.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:I agree with removing the oppressive Indian Act. Just do it.

But removing all P. E. Trudeau from all public buildings because someone might cry?

Gimme a break.

I thought that about the Sir John A statue...what is the difference?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Tell me about the direct lasting harm done to indigenous communities by Pierre Trudeau?

The statue in Victoria was removed as part of a reconciliation effort by a commity who’s specific purpose was to identify ways to help with that process.

Pierre Trudeau is the topic of this conversation because some people who don’t even respect indigenous people’s feel they can use them as a tool against a political figure who has nothing to do with the Victoria controversy.

Wow. Just keep reaching for the bottom. You’re so close now.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Pierre Trudeau exemplifies the Canadian government's disdain for the western provinces and needs to be removed. He was NOT my Prime Minister and has only hurt the West.

We need to remove his statues because he triggers a sense of anxiety and despair - the only depiction of him should be contextually accurate; with his middle finger raised.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

IF a small portion of the Canadian population deserve to have changes occur due to their feelings then other Canadians have just as much right to request the removal of other PM's from the past to be removed.

In fact I think the current Trudeau is rather offensive, and I found his India trip rather racist and not at all complimentary, I think all images of the current Trudeau should also be removed from all media and other mediums as well.

Queen K wrote:I agree with removing the oppressive Indian Act. Just do it.

Gimme a break.

I can agree with you Queen, but the fact remains if some people can whine and have knee jerk reactions than other Canadians have the same right. IF my post sounds silly and over the top it's because it is, I think removing the statue was silly as well since destroying things isn't reconciliation but retribution and a useless process.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Lady tehMa wrote:We need to remove his statues because he triggers a sense of anxiety and despair

Really? Look those up
I think those are symptoms of a larger problem.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Omnitheo wrote:Tell me about the direct lasting harm done to indigenous communities by Pierre Trudeau?

The statue in Victoria was removed as part of a reconciliation effort by a commity who’s specific purpose was to identify ways to help with that process.

Pierre Trudeau is the topic of this conversation because some people who don’t even respect indigenous people’s feel they can use them as a tool against a political figure who has nothing to do with the Victoria controversy.

The guy sank our whole country. Tell me why u like him
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Centurion
Board Meister

Post by Centurion »

Martin Luther King Jr spoke out against homosexuality, perhaps we can destroy those monuments next.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Pierre Trudeau was in power for fifteen years while residential schools operated.

Why didn't he do anything to stop this system in its tracks?
He had the power to do that?

Did he not care enough about FN peoples??

I say we should start tearing down his monuments and scratching his name of facilities right away.
Is Justin aware of his fathers negligence in not dismantling the residential school system?
What about the 60's scoop?

All under Pierre Trudeau's watch. :-X
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:Tell me about the direct lasting harm done to indigenous communities by Pierre Trudeau?

Charter of rights and freedoms. Father of our modern constitution and a truly independent Canada. You say he sank our Country, but he is responsible for the very country we are today.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Omnitheo wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:

Charter of rights and freedoms. Father of our modern constitution and a truly independent Canada. You say he sank our Country, but he is responsible for the very country we are today.

Same can be said about John A yet we are ripping down his statue.
Macdonald was the leading figure in the subsequent discussions and conferences, which resulted in the British North America Act and the birth of Canada as a nation on 1 July 1867

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Macdonald
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I’m in awe of the aboriginals, they truly were world leaders. They came up with a democratic system that was in part adopted by those who came to Canada after. I don’t remember too many details, but the Iroquois were very intelligent and strategic people. However, I also remember that they committed genocide by completely wiping out the Huron tribes. So, that leaves me to ponder, should we remove all totem poles and aboriginal statues/history out of respect for those who died?
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Yeah, maybe not...
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

miss_sterious wrote:I’m in awe of the aboriginals, they truly were world leaders. They came up with a democratic system that was in part adopted by those who came to Canada after. I don’t remember too many details, but the Iroquois were very intelligent and strategic people. However, I also remember that they committed genocide by completely wiping out the Huron tribes. So, that leaves me to ponder, should we remove all totem poles and aboriginal statues/history out of respect for those who died?

The Huron are still alive to this day, what makes you believe they went extinct?

Those who are dead don't care about what is standing and what is not, aim to help relations with those who are still alive. Like survivors of the Canadian residential school system.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “Canada”