Liberals give billions to corporations

Vacancyrate
Banned

Liberals give billions to corporations

Post by Vacancyrate »

https://globalnews.ca/news/4686055/cana ... titiveness

There will be no corporate tax cuts in Canada akin to the package introduced by Donald Trump’s administration earlier this year.Instead, Finance Minister Bill Morneau introduced on Wednesday a package of tax write-offs and investments that the government says will effectively reduce the corporate tax rate in Canada from 17 per cent to 13.8 per cent.

Corporate welfare!

This week the Liberals stomped on the working rights of postal workers and forced them back to work, GM announced that they are going to close all their plants in Onatrio and throw 3000 people onto unemployment (after we bailed them out in 2008 with billion of dollars) and now they just handed 16 billion over to Corporate Canada.

Neoliberalism at it's finest.

Notice that this plan mirrors Donald Trumps plan for all his rich buddies. Instead of tax cuts for the rich by Trump - this is tax incentives and rebates for the rich by Justin. Trump made him do it of course!
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Liberals give billions to corporations

Post by jimmy4321 »

If you go back a little more than 3yrs you'll realize this been going on a very long time by all governments.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e23828543/

The Libs gave CP enough time, time's up!
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Nov 26th, 2018, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

jimmy4321 wrote:Put yer crack pipe down and if you go back a little more than 3yrs you'll realize this been going on a very long time by all governments.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report- ... e23828543/

When you say "governments" you mean the whole of two ruling parties that are practically the same.

Liberal / Tory, same old story.

The welfare for billionaires must flow.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

By governments i mean the ones that won elections.
(I edit my first post cause i figured it could be taken as *bleep* like .)

Funny thing though is the same party that would end corporate welfare would probably privatize Canada Post, Peoples Party of Canada.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Vacancyrate wrote: When you say "governments" you mean the whole of two ruling parties that are practically the same.

Which means if we want real change (for better or worse) we need to vote for it. Prior to the PPC there has been no other option (the NDP and Green Party are non-starters). I'm hopeful the PPC might offer a real alternative. Will be watching.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

hope so too :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I've always been a firm believer just as in a individual life, one sinks or swims on their own dime.
If an individual needs help they seek it from family &/or a bank.
Corporations should be seeking from investors or a bank, not from taxpayers via the government.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2018, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Ka-El wrote:Which means if we want real change (for better or worse) we need to vote for it.

We did. It was called electoral reform.

Justin lied about that so the welfare cheques for billionaires could keep getting printed.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Vacancyrate wrote: We did. It was called electoral reform.

We (the majority of us I suspect) don't want it in BC. Why would we want it for Canada?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Vacancyrate wrote:
We did. It was called electoral reform.

Justin lied about that so the welfare cheques for billionaires could keep getting printed.

There were a lot of NDP voters who went with JT because he promised reform. Never trust a Trudeau. I suspect with Jagmeet destroying the NDP right now, those voters will migrate to the Greens in this election. I hope they all remember how JT screwed them.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

The Green Barbarian wrote:There were a lot of NDP voters who went with JT because he promised reform. Never trust a Trudeau.

You're talking to one.

It's funny that people thought that a man who as a child ordered around adult servants and "played on the White House floor as a child" would grow up to be champion of the working man. I was fooled.

I didn't think they'd tell such a bald-faced lie without seriously hurting the Liberals and nation-wide protests, but even after electoral reform lies and Mr. Environmentalist bailing out a foreign oil company and buying a pipeline for them people still seem keen to stick with Justin because his Tweets are nice. Or something.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:There were a lot of NDP voters who went with JT because he promised reform. Never trust a Trudeau.

Vacancyrate wrote:You're talking to one.

It's funny that people thought that a man who as a child ordered around adult servants and "played on the White House floor as a child" would grow up to be champion of the working man. I was fooled.

I didn't think they'd tell such a bald-faced lie without seriously hurting the Liberals and nation-wide protests, but even after electoral reform lies and Mr. Environmentalist bailing out a foreign oil company and buying a pipeline for them people still seem keen to stick with Justin because his Tweets are nice. Or something.

impo all politicians are a bunch of bs' ing liars, just saying or doing whatever is needed to get people to vote for them.
The challenge for us voters is to pick the ones that will do more good then harm, each election that is getting harder to do.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Just watch and wait. The CBC news has increased the drumbeat and the frenzy of "what to do" builds.

As I said a few days back, there is a bailout on the way from us, the Canadian taxpayer a la Bombardier.

The whole city of Oshawa will be our new welfare children forevermore.

Tax revenues will decrease which means we will pay more in taxes and debt servicing charges.

[icon_lol2.gif] If you don't laugh you will cry.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”