Hate crime on the rise in Canada

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Re: Hate crime on the rise in Canada

Post by Brass Monkey »

csm wrote:I guess it is if you are one of the minority-majority that hate....

> Special interest groups getting special exemptions from laws the rest of us have to obey ( Sikhs and the M/C Helmet exemption).
> Feds giving annual welfare to Quebec and nothing to the rest of us. ( $13B equalization for Que.)
> Indians that don't have to pay taxes or contribute to the welfare of the country and join in as citizens, yet can own property 100% when the rest of us born here are forced to pay their welfare, build their new houses the rest of us can't afford and have to pay heafty taxes their own postage stamp that can afford one, which can also be stripped away from them on a whim ( called "Expropriation).
> Those of us born here having to have our government leader "Apologize" for something that happened 150 years ago when none of us were even born, and people can't even see he is simply "Prostituting" for votes like any good "Prostitician".

HE DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME - I DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING THAT I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH!!!!

> Paying terrorists 10 million apiece instead of hanging them, yet letting real Canadians get beheaded at the hands of those butchers.
> Spouting an intolerance for Racism that goes "BOTH WAYS" but is ignored if the perpetrators are not Caucasian!
> A so called "Feminist" leader that spouts gender equality, yet ignores the fact women still don't get equal pay or rights - and then snuggles up to the one religion that considers women no more than breeding cows (paradoxical, don't you think?).
> Liberals giving millions of our tax money to Islamic groups that support anti-seminist schools and promote hate for everything that isn't "Islam" up to and including how to kill non-believers.
> Giving billions away to other countries and importing thousands of uneducated immigrants and handing out the welfare cheques to them like candy, while we have thousands of born Canadians living on the streets unable to find work. ( not all are drug addicts ).

There are lots more reasons I could list, but don't have the time, however, just maybe our untouchable leaders should take note that you can only push people so far before they start pushing back - and you can call that push-back anything you want - but putting a name to something is not necessarily what it really is.

I'm not a racist, nor am I a hate promoter, I'm just telling it like I see it, and if you disagree, that is your right - for now!

Nobody cares about Sikh believers choosing not to wear a helmet, if they want to die then that is on them.

The growing welfare state in Quebec can be an issue one day but for now nobody attributes hatred against the French because of that.

This land was our property before Canada ever manifested, and it will be our property long after Canada dies. My ancestors paid with blood to fulfill the desires of yours, and you will gripe about a sliver of your taxes going to amend those crimes. If you don't like helping First Nations then petition to the government to fight for self government for FN.

Apologizing for crimes on behalf of the country that committed those crimes is never a bad thing, ever, people don't forget, if you weren't there at Oka in 1991 or protesting residential schools in the 70s, 80s and 90s you were not responsible but you were complicit.

People who have their human rights breeched and are deliberately not being protected by the government deserve compensation especially for taking 10 years of your life.

Muslims are not the ones that came to this land and declared women unequal and committed heinous crimes against them, that was Christians. Muslims among most of the religious believers in Canada are good people of good faith.

You complain about giving welfare to First Nations (poorest demograpic in North America) then you complain about giving money to immigrants or foreign nations that could be used to help poor people of Canada. There is no pleasing you, you might just be a contrarian.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

One of the first steps in reconciliation is acknowledgement of past injustices. This doesn’t necessarily mean we (this generation) are at fault for what happened, but the responsibility for addressing past wrongs lies with us (fault and responsibility, tough to distinguish for some – especially the blamers), especially given the fact these injustices were not by any stretch "ancient history" (the last residential school closed in the 90s). Given the complete and stubborn ignorance of First Nations issues as demonstrated by numerous posters here, we can be grateful that this next generation of high school graduates will know far much more than those parents. First Nations populations continue to grow and their impact and influence on our elections and political system are growing as well. Conservatives (at least most here on this board) seem to fear change, which is going to be inconvenient for them to say the least as it is inevitable. Better to learn to get along with others, but that will take some real knowledge and understanding of the issues – something some people have yet to acquire.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

obamaquote.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:
obamaquote.png

right nonsense. That guy was no better than Alex Jones.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Glacier wrote:
obamaquote.png

Mr. Obama said, “the strongest weapon against hateful speech is not repression; it is more speech — the voices of tolerance that rally against bigotry and blasphemy, and lift up the values of understanding and mutual respect.”
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Ka-El wrote:One of the first steps in reconciliation is acknowledgement of past injustices. This doesn’t necessarily mean we (this generation) are at fault for what happened, but the responsibility for addressing past wrongs lies with us (fault and responsibility, tough to distinguish for some – especially the blamers), especially given the fact these injustices were not by any stretch "ancient history" (the last residential school closed in the 90s). Given the complete and stubborn ignorance of First Nations issues as demonstrated by numerous posters here, we can be grateful that this next generation of high school graduates will know far much more than those parents. First Nations populations continue to grow and their impact and influence on our elections and political system are growing as well. Conservatives (at least most here on this board) seem to fear change, which is going to be inconvenient for them to say the least as it is inevitable. Better to learn to get along with others, but that will take some real knowledge and understanding of the issues – something some people have yet to acquire.

I have to disagree with the statement I bolded. What our children are being taught now is not the full truth. My children grew up in schools where for several years, FN were the majority. And in their schools, my grandchildren are being taught only single side of the issue.

Last summer, one of my classmates lamented that we had never learned anything related to residential schools and their impact. I reminded her of the books we had read and the discussions that followed. "I Heard the Owl Call My Name", the atrocious "The Bears and I", etc. She recalled absolutely nothing of it, and has now swallowed wholesale the all-victim-all-villain version of our history being presented today.

IMO, this version of our history is NOT respectful of FN, not by a long shot. People would do well to roll themselves back from today's victim/savior culture and listen instead to the voices that genuinely stood up for the strength and the dignity of their FN brothers, sisters and ancestors, insisting they themselves had the full ability to meet the extraordinary challenges of rapidly adapting to Western culture and thriving with their own cultures intact. It has not always been fashionable for FN to paint their own people as helpless victims incapable of protecting their children and their culture.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

rustled wrote: Last summer, one of my classmates lamented that we had never learned anything related to residential schools and their impact. I reminded her of the books we had read and the discussions that followed. "I Heard the Owl Call My Name", the atrocious "The Bears and I", etc. She recalled absolutely nothing of it, and has now swallowed wholesale the all-victim-all-villain version of our history being presented today.

I have seen the curriculum being developed (on another thread some time ago I even posted some of it for folks review) and have seen nothing of this all-victim-all-villain version of our history. At the same, I have been working directly with First Nations governments and populations in northern BC for the last 15 years and believe I have a fairly good understanding of the issues, and more importantly (I believe) I can and do look at the issue from more than one perspective. It would be easy for me to provide all kinds of examples of poor governance by certain First Nations, but that view is more than adequately represented by the haters here. I am still confident this next generation will be more accurately informed than this one.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I can only hope your faith is not misplaced, and that I will be proved wrong. I'd be quite interested in seeing what the current curriculum entails.
Last edited by rustled on Dec 11th, 2018, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

Ka-El wrote:
Glacier wrote: Hate crime stats are spurious at best. The rise is likely due to a rise in awareness.

That could very well be one factor. Many people would also suggest (myself included) that hate crimes are on the rise, in at least a significant part, to the rise in populism and populist politicians who legitimize hate through their own political messaging. We've seen the response of the white supremacists and other right militant groups to Trump's election. Some of those folk were actually expecting and hoping for a race war, and while such movements were previously kept under the rug, they feel they have now been given permission to express themselves publicly. Sadly, this idea is spreading north.

I would really like to know where all these hate crimes are. I personally do not anyone who hates anyone based on their race or religion. The only hate I can see is from the left her who seem to hate anyone that disagree s with them. They automatically call them racists and right in order to dismiss them. We see left leaning anti fa spewing their hatred of anyone they don't like, smashing windows and cars and attacking others. The left tells minorities that they are hated and so this is like a set up so that minorities now take innocent comments or words as proof of this bogey man racism. If there is an real hate in Canada it seems like it is the left here in Canada that are guilty. They hate fossil fuels, they hate Conservative values,they hate pipelines,they hate westerners.they hate John a Macdonald. They hate industry and capitalism and free 3nterprise.They are full of self hate and loathing. They hate our society and they hate Donald Trump and so much more. Then they accuse innocent Canadians of being hateful when in fact it is they'd who are the ones spreading their hate in the media and on social media. Somehow they think they are justified spreading all this hate around causing turmoil and infighting. Canadians are being duped.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Mark5 wrote: I would really like to know where all these hate crimes are. I personally do not anyone who hates anyone based on their race or religion. The only hate I can see is from the left her who seem to hate anyone that disagree s with them. They automatically call them racists and right in order to dismiss them. We see left leaning anti fa spewing their hatred of anyone they don't like, smashing windows and cars and attacking others. The left tells minorities that they are hated and so this is like a set up so that minorities now take innocent comments or words as proof of this bogey man racism. If there is an real hate in Canada it seems like it is the left here in Canada that are guilty. They hate fossil fuels, they hate Conservative values,they hate pipelines,they hate westerners.they hate John a Macdonald. They hate industry and capitalism and free 3nterprise.They are full of self hate and loathing. They hate our society and they hate Donald Trump and so much more. Then they accuse innocent Canadians of being hateful when in fact it is they'd who are the ones spreading their hate in the media and on social media. Somehow they think they are justified spreading all this hate around causing turmoil and infighting. Canadians are being duped.

:135: Wow. So much fake news and right nonsense. So many erroneous and outright untrue statements. Are you really admitting that your partisan tunnel vision is so strong that you believe the only hate is coming from the left her who seem to hate anyone that disagrees with them? This seems to be what the right does; make such ridiculous claims in their promotion of the politics of division that there is not even a starting point for intelligent discussion. It really is too bad.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

rustled wrote: I'd be quite interested in seeing what the current curriculum entails.

Sorry rustled. I know I posted the material on a thread started by Queen K in the Social Concerns forum. I tried to find the thread but was unsuccessful after looking back through 15 pages. Might have missed or it is further back, but I'm done.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Thanks for the effort, and my apologies, I didn't mean for you to find it for me! I'm generally able to find curriculum on my own. I hope to get to that and have a good look before I see the grandkids over the holidays. Some of what was presented as university-level essay in the "Macdonald's statue" thread was dreadfully lopsided. I'll be very pleased if our public school curriculum shows sensible balance and treats FN with greater respect.

Return to “Canada”