Just Conservatives doing the typical conservative things

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Just Conservatives doing the typical conservative things

Post by Hassel99 »

Cheating is wrong in any context.

However, I think the uproar your not seeing but expecting is a function of no one caring about Alberta politics in the okanagan.

JT is my PM so i care about what he does, JH is my premiere so i care about what he does.
Rachel Notely and Jason Kenny? I just don't have the effort or time to care about politicians that don't directly effect my life.

If someone was cheating, and there is evidence that the elections act was violated. the RCMP should investigate.

Let me know how it goes, i wont be following the story.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Hassel99 wrote:Cheating is wrong in any context.

However, I think the uproar your not seeing but expecting is a function of no one caring about Alberta politics in the okanagan.

JT is my PM so i care about what he does, JH is my premiere so i care about what he does.
Rachel Notely and Jason Kenny? I just don't have the effort or time to care about politicians that don't directly effect my life.

If someone was cheating, and there is evidence that the elections act was violated. the RCMP should investigate.

Ah yes, the NIMBY argument. Just wanted to point out cheating, lying, ethics breeches etc etc transcend party lines and borders in case one get too enthusiastic about ripping one party or the other.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome, perhaps bring it up in other threads for whataboutism.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I still hope they get to the truth vs slander of this issue as it does matter.

A leader doesn't need to stay leader if they are unworthy of the position. Some people on these forums do defend corrupt degenerate molesting liars of leaders, depending on the shirt the leader wears their morals get all floppy, but myself I think if some fraud and malfeasance was committed then the leader should be removed no matter the political affiliation.

You can always add a new leader to a party. Currently this issue is at accusation levels, and needs an investigation I feel as there appears enough to warrant it. Could you imagine the types of people that would say "nothing to see here when the investigation proved true" What a P.O.S. that type of person must be to have such floppy morals.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Veovis wrote:I still hope they get to the truth vs slander of this issue as it does matter.

A leader doesn't need to stay leader if they are unworthy of the position. Some people on these forums do defend corrupt degenerate molesting liars of leaders, depending on the shirt the leader wears their morals get all floppy, but myself I think if some fraud and malfeasance was committed then the leader should be removed no matter the political affiliation.

You can always add a new leader to a party. Currently this issue is at accusation levels, and needs an investigation I feel as there appears enough to warrant it. Could you imagine the types of people that would say "nothing to see here when the investigation proved true" What a P.O.S. that type of person must be to have such floppy morals.

Your probably not gonna be satisified. Although the evidence looks damning, this will be buried and be forgotten in a month or so, Guaranteed!! I'm not sure why everyone chases the holy grail of a politician because once each of them becomes PM, they all behave the same. Each and everyone of them with no particular political affliation, federal or provincial. If they haven't breech some ethics or morality or get caught lying, or in a middle of a scandal or corruption, or fraud, it's because they haven't got caught yet or didn't have a very long tenure like Clarke or Campbell. Is this not true?
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

'It’s not an investigation.'

'They're just carrying out a "fact-finding mission . . .."'

'Nothing to see here, folks; so move along.'

“Election Notebook: Kenney denies RCMP investigation . . .”

(13 hrs. ago)

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politic ... -questions

“RCMP search business owned by Calgary UCP candidate Peter Singh”

(11 hrs. ago)

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politic ... eter-singh

………………………………………………………………….

'Fact finding on Pierre Poutine' (Or how to choose a unbiased source :biggrin: )

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/05/16 ... 21004.html
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Hassel99 wrote:Cheating is wrong in any context.

I saw back on April 9 that a reporter published with the Kelowna Capital News seemed to care about how the Alberta election might have an immediate effect on the Okanagan. But I agree with you on not caring about other peoples' politics, so I'm not really concerned it there's any Okanagan whine over what he says may come to pass.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Saw this on Facebook regarding Ontario.
Attachments
North99.org.png
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

just popping in wrote:Saw this on Facebook regarding Ontario.

Is it true?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

just popping in wrote:Saw this on Facebook regarding Ontario.

http://incomesecurity.org/public-educat ... odsp-cuts/

So these people on Facebook, did they have an alternative for how they would pay for all of these things that were getting cut? Or would they just keep blowing up larger and larger deficits and not worry about it? It's always easy to blather on about "cuts" when you don't take any responsibility on yourself to find out where the money should come from instead. And saying that this was about "tax cuts to rich corporations" is just communist nonsense. Shame on whatever idiot wrote that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Facebook news :laugh:
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Just for the record now.

But it’s from that 'left-wing' CBC, you know :biggrin: .

“Peter Singh said the items seized from his business have been returned (almost immediately)”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/u ... -1.5097052
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

Speaking of Pierre Poutine (a while back), how about a Stephen Mandel impersonator who’s been making robocalls: “‘Hi, this is Stephen Mandel of the Alberta Party … if you believe in Alberta, Jason Kenney has all the answers.’”

'Where is the morality?': Alberta Party calls for investigation into alleged robocall impersonation"

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/politic ... ersonation

Return to “Canada”