Liberal gun reform bill passes

jimmy4321
Guru

Liberal gun reform bill passes

Post by jimmy4321 »

"Enhance" background checks for those who want to buy a firearm, by broadening the current requirement to consider matters from the last five years to considering information from throughout the person’s lifetime."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/liberal ... -1.4442206

Sounds good to me.
Johnnycheese

Re: Liberal gun reform bill passes

Post by Johnnycheese »

Bill C71,the Liberal party's irrational targeting of legal gun owners "who are not the problem" in order to reduce "gun violence" is something I cannot support. I want to prevent criminals from having access to firearms! Your party should focus its vast resources on the people who don't care about following the law, criminals! And Bill C75 Enabling Terrorism through the Canadian Justice System is the worst Bill ever written, "let's just give violent offenders a slap on the wrist" Wow!
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

jimmy4321 wrote:Sounds good to me.

Why does that sound good? Sometimes people make mistakes, why should they pay for that the rest of their lives? Clamping down on people with firearms licences isn't going to make you safer.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

RUEZ wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:Sounds good to me.

Why does that sound good? Sometimes people make mistakes, why should they pay for that the rest of their lives? Clamping down on people with firearms licences isn't going to make you safer.

Sure it will! Once this bill blocks people from legally obtaining a firearm there will be less legally owned guns so we arevall safer because less guns. Oh those illegal guns, don't worry about those! We have the law abiders under lock and key!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

jimmy4321 wrote:"Enhance" background checks for those who want to buy a firearm, by broadening the current requirement to consider matters from the last five years to considering information from throughout the person’s lifetime."

Sounds good to me.

You gonna let the cops contact your girlfriend from 40 years ago to see if she still hates you because you didn't buy her roses on your 4 1/2 week dating anniversary? Yeah, that will stop gangs from getting illegal firearms. :135:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

All a revengeful bitter ex wife has to say is she fears for her life if her ex husband was to get one. No further questions or fairness, just denied.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

"liberal gun reform bill passes" Anyone who thinks C71 will actually have any impact on any sort of a problem, is a maroon
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

Brushy Bill wrote:"liberal gun reform bill passes" Anyone who thinks C71 will actually have any impact on any sort of a problem, is a maroon

It's simply another Liberal distraction technique and fully supported by Liberal Trolls and fear mongers - their fear of guns is because of the obvious.

Bar none, most gun deaths are suicide - if someone want's to kill themselves, they will, and if they don't have a gun, they will either get one illegally ( which this bill does NOT address ), or they will find other means, like hanging or jumping off a building - drowning, jumping in front of cars, trucks, etc. ( as a brief example ).

People will argue that when using a gun, they are almost 100% successful - perhaps if you compare it to throat and wrist slitting, but in reality, jumping off a 14 story building is likely more successful or jumping off a bridge with a rope around your neck - since people often flinch when pulling a trigger and can miss and "not" get the job done.

Jumping off a 14 story building however, is "almost" 100% fatal - and you can't change your mind 1/2 way down.

This is almost akin to the new DUI laws and free speech restrictions, that are blatantly in violation of your charter of rights and an effort to further control you - they could really care less about guns, other than disarming the public for better control.

Yes, I believe in psychological profiles being enhanced, but I question their real motives.

Just another method of making law abiding citizens - criminals.

Bottom line is - "Liberals are control freaks", and they want TOTAL control over you and everything you do, say and own.

If this Government will either whip the masses into submission, or end up with a revolution if they are allowed another term.

That is my prediction.

Just as my accurate prediction before the previous election, of this piece of crap PM that everyone was so gaga about - he is an embarrassment and a criminal and needs to be locked up before he destroys what little freedom we have left.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

jimmy4321 wrote:"Enhance" background checks for those who want to buy a firearm, by broadening the current requirement to consider matters from the last five years to considering information from throughout the person’s lifetime."

Sounds good to me.

I guess that chocolate bar you stole as a kid, and the pen you swiped at the gas station makes you a habitual criminal now, and should be taken into account because if your allowed a gun, you might move up to being an armed bandit.

Don't tell me you didn't swipe anything as a kid either.

Liberals never cease to amaze me - don't do as I do, do as I say.

Screw the Liberals and lock up Trudeau - it's the only answer to get this country back to sanity.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I never ever stole anything I swear, I have taken a pen or two but not knowing. Your extreme example adds silly to this conversation lol
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

The background check to join the RCMP goes back 10 years.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/field-inve ... -clearance

And I think, for the public, we should require that, as well as go all out ‘New Zealand’ now.

That’s the way it was in the ‘good old days’ and that's been, and still is, good enough for me.

Owning a gun is a privilege, not a right--just like licencing and driving a car. And, from time to time, vehicle laws change in the interest of public safety, too.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

vehicle laws? welll thats a poor comparison
Did anyone ever come out and say 'all muscle cars should be prohibited because they are likely to be used in a dangerous manner?
Did anyone say we should become judged on our driving record from 40 years ago not just the last ten years?
Did anyone suggest that one should have to phone up to get permission to sell a vehicle to an individual?
Nobody suggests curtailing where someone can drive , that it is okay to drive to and from work but need to call for permission to drive by the school or gym ?
and yet vehicles cause far more danger to the public and cause far more public grief than any firearm
and I bet most punks and gangbangers are genuinely concerned about driver licensing or vehicle insurance on their stolen rides
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Brushy Bill,

Honestly, sorry I missed your post. I wish I'd have seen it earlier, and, anyway, I'd have likely made this reply.

Brushy Bill wrote:vehicle laws? welll thats a poor comparison

I completely agree.

Did anyone ever come out and say 'all muscle cars should be prohibited because they are likely to be used in a dangerous manner?

Probably did--street racing

Did anyone say we should become judged on our driving record from 40 years ago not just the last ten years?

Probably did--criminal record for impaired driving.

Did anyone suggest that one should have to phone up to get permission to sell a vehicle to an individual?

Maybe they did--you know, ask your mother :biggrin: .

Nobody suggests curtailing where someone can drive , that it is okay to drive to and from work but need to call for permission to drive by the school or gym ?

Shows what I know about today's gun laws in Canada, doesn't it?

and yet vehicles cause far more danger to the public and cause far more public grief than any firearm
and I bet most punks and gangbangers are genuinely concerned about driver licensing or vehicle insurance on their stolen rides

Again I admit my ignorance in light of that question.

And yes, I sure's hell made a stupid comparison. Shows I haven't owned three rifles and a shotgun since the first volunteer turn-in way, way back, doesn't it? Back when my brother let me turn in his semi-auto and his illegal .22 revolver, too. But I still kept my air-rifle--it worked pretty good for dinging starlings from the darkened window in our acreage garage.

One of my friends held up a gas station with a thirty-thirty.
I already told you about my stupid brother.
I have a brother-in-law who's a reformed bank robber--he used a sawed off shotgun when he committed his crimes.
My best friend was killed in a hunting accident--two others were wounded on separate trips--one almost fatally--I wasn't there for any of this.
My mom told me about a little kid who walked in on a lady friend's tea waving a loaded shotgun around that he'd got out of the bedroom closet.
Two suicides in my extended family.
A guy once walked into my old high school and murdered another guy over a girl.
My grandkids live close to a US school where one of the recent rampages took place, and their dad and mom both work in the school system.
I grew up in the bush and hunted lots. My dad was a hunting guide--never had a problem with his clients--and my uncle was a government wolfer who also ran a trap line.
Oh, and one of the cops who used to chase us around--trying to save us from killing ourselves--ended up being blasted with a shotgun by a hardened ‘outside’ criminal.

Still, I had to chuckle when the cop in the video mentioned how duck hunting season was coming around.

But it looks like I have some larnin' to do.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/F-11.6.pdf

And I'll try to get back to you soon and tell you what I think of the NZ--Canada gun reforms and my 'privilege not right' statement after that.

But my daddy always told me not to play with guns. Which is most of what I think is going on (play and fantasizing) and leading to the proliferation of guns and the problems that we have today.
Last edited by Scorp on Jun 29th, 2019, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

U turned guns in to the government. What a stupid thing to do. Were u confused that day. What made u think that was a good idea
Scorp
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scorp »

Turned them in to the RCMP, mostly 'cause of moving to the city, where most of the thieves and the 'stupid' gun owners live. And like I said, I now have some larnin' to do.

Return to “Canada”