That's a lot of taxes

floppi
Lord of the Board

Re: That's a lot of taxes

Post by floppi »

When have you ever seen this ever in any party that was in power? So just because its's JT and the Libs that are in power now, you're asking for this information? How did it work out for you with the previous government? I can tell you even less information came out of them as they were known as the most secretive government in history. Working behind everyone's back was their forte.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

floppi wrote:When have you ever seen this ever in any party that was in power? So just because its's JT and the Libs that are in power now, you're asking for this information? How did it work out for you with the previous government? I can tell you even less information came out of them as they were known as the most secretive government in history. Working behind everyone's back was their forte.

Gentle floppi, this is such a lovely backpedal.

The current JT Liberal government actually campaigned on transparency, but they refuse to show us their calculations and data for this policy that affects all Canadians not because they failed to do their homework, and not because they have to fudge the results, but because Harper.

We get it, we understand. Whatever this government does is fine with the ABS/JT-at-any-cost folk. Some of us outside that bubble can see the cost to Canadians is too dear.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

rustled wrote:
floppi wrote:When have you ever seen this ever in any party that was in power? So just because its's JT and the Libs that are in power now, you're asking for this information? How did it work out for you with the previous government? I can tell you even less information came out of them as they were known as the most secretive government in history. Working behind everyone's back was their forte.

Gentle floppi, this is such a lovely backpedal.

The current JT Liberal government actually campaigned on transparency, but they refuse to show us their calculations and data for this policy that affects all Canadians not because they failed to do their homework, and not because they have to fudge the results, but because Harper.

We get it, we understand. Whatever this government does is fine with the ABS/JT-at-any-cost folk. Some of us outside that bubble can see the cost to Canadians is too dear.

Careful rustled you're repeating the same thing on different threads and it's not working for you. If you bought the story about how governments are transparent, that's unfortunate for you because I've yet to see one close to being transparent. It's a management style and theory, I see it all the time at work, in business, in politics, etc etc, peons don't get that kinda info, period.

All I know is our economy is doing well, the unemployment rate is at a 60 year low, our quality of life is high, our cost of living is comparatively low, our air is clean :D , great health care and education. All brought to you by JT and the Libs that's why they will get my vote come this Oct. I like to think that this country is half full and not half empty like some on this board like to think.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

"We will make information more accessible by requiring transparency to be a fundamental principle across the federal government," Trudeau said in Montreal on Day 10 of the election campaign.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e25924259/

He lied.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

floppi wrote:Careful rustled you're repeating the same thing on different threads and it's not working for you. If you bought the story about how governments are transparent, that's unfortunate for you because I've yet to see one close to being transparent. It's a management style and theory, I see it all the time at work, in business, in politics, etc etc, peons don't get that kinda info, period.

All I know is our economy is doing well, the unemployment rate is at a 60 year low, our quality of life is high, our cost of living is comparatively low, our air is clean :D , great health care and education. All brought to you by JT and the Libs that's why they will get my vote come this Oct. I like to think that this country is half full and not half empty like some on this board like to think.

You think JT and friends made our air clean, good healthcare and education?!?! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
You're more full of :cuss: than I thought! :up:

I'm beyond debating actual facts and topics with you. You simply don't respond to them. Just continue to praise JT. And yes, I think the conservatives owe us calulations and explanations with transparency.

See the difference between you, the other bilnd JT supporters and the people like me who want change is: I won't defend any party for wrongdoings while JT could punch a pregnant lady and you'd say "well the conservatives once punched a LGBTQ2+ pregnant lady infront of her son so JT isn't as bad, lets vote for him!"
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

I'm a pragmatist. All I've ever said was that I'm a comparison shopper and the last time the CONs were in power, they blew it big time with me. I see no difference with the current reiteration of the same Party that was in power only 31/2 years ago. So I will be voting for the lesser of the two evils which would be JT and the Libs.

Return to “Canada”