Wednesday, April 16th3.0°C
21417
20654

NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

World topics.

Conspiracies Subforum

Moderators: Jo, ferri, Merry, Triple 6

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby SurplusElect » Jan 13th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Bacon is for eating, rifles are for shooting lethal projectiles.

"Improper use" is incorrect. Picking the wrong target, perhaps will result in deaths, but guns are meant to shoot lethal projectiles around.

But of course, legislation based on meme logic will most likely prevail. We can start to train children how to avoid active shooter events.
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Captain Awesome » Jan 13th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Image
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22114
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 986 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby kibbs » Jan 16th, 2013, 10:58 am

With this logic nothing be should be restricted in society.if you are true libertarian than this logic should also apply to drug sales
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby SurplusElect » Jan 16th, 2013, 11:08 am

Captain Awesome wrote:Image


Toasters don't toast toast - toast toasts toast.
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby sobrohusfat » Jan 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm

^^^ Poor Oprah. lol

Of course Biden is right about control and morality
By Jack Kelly

This was more nonsense from the premier dunce in American politics. The evidence is massive gun control measures do not restrict gun violence. They may contribute to it. (All but one mass shooting in the last half century has taken place in "gun free" zones.)

But liberals don't care much whether their nostrums work or not. They judge programs on their declared intent, not results. That's all it takes to massage their egos, and it spares them the trouble of having to learn a lot of pesky facts.
The emotionally healthy can feel good about themselves without putting others down. Liberal preening apparently requires feeling superior to those who disagree with them. If you don't agree with us about gun control, you can't be as horrified as liberals are by mass shootings, the vice president implied. We're good. You're bad.

Making themselves feel good is more important to most liberals than solving problems, and they tend to be intellectually lazy. So this attitude pervades most of the positions they take. If you note:

• Our kids aren't being taught in school what they need to know to prosper in the world economy -- liberals say you're against education.
• The trillions spent on the War on Poverty haven't reduced poverty much -- you hate the poor.
• Global warming's dangers have been grossly exaggerated -- you don't care about the environment.

And so on. But liberals attack with special venom those who disagree with them about gun control. Why?
University of Hawaii professor Rudy Rummel used to be a liberal, as most college professors are. Then he studied genocide. He was horrified to discover that in the 20th century -- despite the fact that World Wars I and II took place during it -- nearly three times as many people were murdered by their own governments as were killed in war.
It wasn't just totalitarian regimes such as Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and Mao's China that committed mass murder, Mr. Rummel found. More than 830,000 people have been killed by democratic governments, he estimated in 1986.

"Concentrated political power is the most dangerous thing on earth," he concluded. "Nobody can be trusted with unlimited power."

President Barack Obama evidently thinks he can. Congress is unlikely to pass new gun control laws because a large majority of Americans oppose them. So the president may impose new restrictions by executive order, Mr. Biden said. It troubles him not at all that the president lacks legal authority. Our Founding Fathers put the Second Amendment in the Constitution so that, if need be, the people could defend themselves against the government. But the Bill of Rights is scant protection if our leaders ignore it. Before they committed mass murder, Hitler and Stalin confiscated privately owned firearms.

"Do not be fooled by a belief that leftists hate guns," wrote Stanislav Mishin in Pravda last month. "What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology." Once guns were confiscated in Russia, "mass repression, mass arrests, mass deportations, mass murder, mass starvation were all a safe game for the powers that were," he said. Gun control also preceded government genocide in Turkey, China, Guatemala, Uganda and Cambodia.

That can't happen here, you say. It already has. The first gun control laws in the U.S. were enacted in the post-Reconstruction South, so blacks couldn't defend themselves from the Ku Klux Klan.
"The defeated Southern states aimed to preserve slavery in fact if not in law," wrote historian Clayton Cramer. "Mississippi's provision was typical: No freedman 'shall keep or carry fire-arms of any kind, or any ammunition.'"

In a sense, Mr. Biden is right. Gun control is a moral issue. Liberals are on the wrong side of it.

Jack Kelly is a columnist for The Press and The Blade of Toledo, Ohio
Your mother is proud of you ....but secretly.
User avatar
sobrohusfat
Übergod
 
Posts: 1932
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Nebula » Jan 16th, 2013, 9:00 pm

(All but one mass shooting in the last half century has taken place in "gun free" zones.)

Not true.

1. There was an armed guard at Columbine in 1999.
2. Fort Hood massacre in 2009 -- on an Army base, no less.
3. Virginia Tech shootings in 2007 -- armed guards on campus.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16288
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am
Location: Puzzle Palace

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby French Castanut » Jan 16th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Was the Quebec Parliament shooting gun free back then or was there the security guards like they have today? Not sure if they're armed tho. But probably are.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
User avatar
French Castanut
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3679
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 16th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Location: Okanogan

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Rwede » Jan 17th, 2013, 8:26 am

"When they make a point about the mass murder capability of firearms, remind them that the biggest mass murder in North America was done boxcutters and 3 jets (2996 people), or with manure, diesel and a yellow Ryder truck (168 lives).

If the crazies don't have guns, they will still act."


Words of wisdom from another forum. And irrefutable.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7118
Likes: 894 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby underscore » Jan 17th, 2013, 11:17 am

Rwede wrote:"When they make a point about the mass murder capability of firearms, remind them that the biggest mass murder in North America was done boxcutters and 3 jets (2996 people), or with manure, diesel and a yellow Ryder truck (168 lives).

If the crazies don't have guns, they will still act."


Words of wisdom from another forum. And irrefutable.


That doesn't mean you have to make it easier for the crazies. Clearly guns aren't the most effective way to kill large number of people, but they're still used the most.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
underscore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1469
Likes: 1026 posts
Liked in: 147 posts
Joined: Apr 5th, 2007, 11:12 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Rwede » Jan 17th, 2013, 11:27 am

underscore wrote:
That doesn't mean you have to make it easier for the crazies. Clearly guns aren't the most effective way to kill large number of people, but they're still used the most.



So, to keep the crazies in line, we should outlaw boxcutters, jets, diesel, manure, and yellow Ryder trucks. No sense in making it easy for them, by your reckoning.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7118
Likes: 894 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Nebula » Jan 17th, 2013, 11:43 am

Rwede wrote:So, to keep the crazies in line, we should outlaw boxcutters, jets, diesel, manure, and yellow Ryder trucks. No sense in making it easy for them, by your reckoning.

Using that logic, we should let everyone have access to grenades, bazookas and Stinger missiles, because we let them have access to box cutters and manure.

Since the Sandy Hook shooting, more than 900 Americans were shot and killed. I suspect the number of Americans killed by box cutters and manure in the same time period is far less.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16288
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 119 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am
Location: Puzzle Palace

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby SurplusElect » Jan 17th, 2013, 11:45 am

Rwede wrote:So, to keep the crazies in line, we should outlaw boxcutters, jets, diesel, manure, and yellow Ryder trucks. No sense in making it easy for them, by your reckoning.


They don't send soldiers to war with boxcutters and manure, driving Ryder moving vans do they?
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Glacier » Jan 17th, 2013, 12:46 pm

The violent crime rate in the U.K. is 4 times higher than that of the U.S.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
User avatar
Glacier
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15187
Likes: 201 posts
Liked in: 627 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby underscore » Jan 17th, 2013, 1:23 pm

^ I'm not sure how delusional the clown making that report is, but I'd rather be involved in a violent crime than shot dead. All that video proves is that the US doesn't have any many murders as wartorn countries.

[quote="Rwede"So, to keep the crazies in line, we should outlaw boxcutters, jets, diesel, manure, and yellow Ryder trucks. No sense in making it easy for them, by your reckoning.[/quote]

No, by my reckoning we should outlaw what gets used the most to harm people, and what has (collectively) the highest body count. Picking up a gun and shooting it is easier than building a bomb
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
underscore
Übergod
 
Posts: 1469
Likes: 1026 posts
Liked in: 147 posts
Joined: Apr 5th, 2007, 11:12 pm

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Postby Rwede » Jan 17th, 2013, 1:56 pm

SurplusElect wrote:
They don't send soldiers to war with boxcutters and manure, driving Ryder moving vans do they?



Al Queda did. And look what they accomplished.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7118
Likes: 894 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests