Friday, November 21st3.5°C
22246
24056

Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

World topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Nebula » Feb 13th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Did Gandhi go around killing people? How about Nelson Mandella? Martin Luther King?

Dorner was a despicable murderer.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16288
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: Puzzle Palace

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby SurplusElect » Feb 13th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Nebula wrote:Dorner was a despicable murderer.


So is the US government and the LAPD.

Next.
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Captain Awesome » Feb 13th, 2013, 4:49 pm

SurplusElect wrote:So is the US government and the LAPD.


I guess rednecks writing letters how they want to kill Obama are fully justified.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23137
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1644 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby SurplusElect » Feb 13th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I guess rednecks writing letters how they want to kill Obama are fully justified.


Like I said, I ruffled you.
SurplusElect
Übergod
 
Posts: 1618
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Captain Awesome » Feb 13th, 2013, 4:55 pm

SurplusElect wrote:Like I said, I ruffled you.


Nope. It's actually quite amusing to see such twisted logic - I'm not even arguing. I'm just waiting for calls to bring down the establishment and kill white people babies to enter the scene - you know, for killing aboriginal people and causing 9/11.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23137
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1644 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby zzontar » Feb 13th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Dorner took the proper route of filing complaints, etc, first and eventually lost his livelihood because of it. Not saying he went about it the right way, but if Dorner will end up having a "clean-up" effect on the police force which in turn prevents more deaths than he took, then did he do more good or bad? Corruption in a police force has to be stopped before it gets out of hand like in many South American cities, because then it's almost impossible to stop, as it usually ends up being the whole judicial system that's tainted. I'd like to hear some suggestions as to how one would clean up a dirty judicial system, because there are many places where this already exists and I can't see the general public being in favor of it, yet it only gets worse.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 7391
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 349 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby goatboy » Feb 13th, 2013, 5:11 pm

SurplusElect wrote:So no matter the sins of the police force - one would have to go through "the proper channels" to bring them to justice.

So I suppose he would just call up LAPD to go through the proper channels? You are forgetting these are the rule enforcers. The system itself is messed up - there is no "right" when the "right" is wrong.

If the US followed those same rules - there wouldn't be a US. Aside from that...

Sometimes things have to get crazy. History is my example, and it shines.

What would you do if The Canadian Government was rotten from the core out? Write a letter?


I would like to think that I wouldn't kill some politicians daughter and fiancée and then kill 3 non Canadian politicians who were trying to bring me to justice.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4775
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby zzontar » Feb 13th, 2013, 5:14 pm

The question wasn't what wouldn't you do.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 7391
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 349 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Nebula » Feb 13th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Dorner's allegations have not been proven right, yet we have people on this forum who feel he was justified in murdering people.

What's the benchmark?

Thou shalt not kill, unless you really think it's necessary?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16288
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: Puzzle Palace

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby zzontar » Feb 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Nebula wrote:Dorner's allegations have not been proven right, yet we have people on this forum who feel he was justified in murdering people.

What's the benchmark?

Thou shalt not kill, unless you really think it's necessary?


Would the LAPD have killed him if they thought it was necessary? Maybe that is the benchmark.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
 
Posts: 7391
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 349 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Captain Awesome » Feb 13th, 2013, 7:19 pm

zzontar wrote:Would the LAPD have killed him if they thought it was necessary? Maybe that is the benchmark.


LAPD didn't kill him.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23137
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1644 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Nebula » Feb 13th, 2013, 7:20 pm

zzontar wrote:Would the LAPD have killed him if they thought it was necessary? Maybe that is the benchmark.

What if they didn't?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16288
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 121 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: Puzzle Palace

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby goatboy » Feb 13th, 2013, 8:07 pm

zzontar wrote:Dorner took the proper route of filing complaints, etc, first and eventually lost his livelihood because of it. Not saying he went about it the right way, but if Dorner will end up having a "clean-up" effect on the police force which in turn prevents more deaths than he took, then did he do more good or bad? Corruption in a police force has to be stopped before it gets out of hand like in many South American cities, because then it's almost impossible to stop, as it usually ends up being the whole judicial system that's tainted. I'd like to hear some suggestions as to how one would clean up a dirty judicial system, because there are many places where this already exists and I can't see the general public being in favor of it, yet it only gets worse.


So you're justifying him killing at least two completely innocent people because it may save other lives?

Now that is one twisted logic. Regardless of what the LAPD has or will do, killing anyone, let alone innocent victims cannot in any twisted version of morality be right.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4775
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby goatboy » Feb 13th, 2013, 8:19 pm

SurplusElect wrote:But again - who is telling the story - the LAPD.

I see your point. I hope you see mine.

Cops on the job are not innocent. They are being paid to assume risk.

That woman - I'd say that was the one innocent. However - she lied to protect a dirty cop (apparently) - what did the dirty cop do previously? - and what is he still doing? How many more head kicks? Dirty drug buys? Ect.


You have one twisted moral compass on this one Surplus. There is no way that you can ever justify Dorners actions as being in anyway, shape or form acceptable. He killed:
Monica Quan and her fiance for no other reason than she was the daughter of the police officer who represented him.
MIchael Crain, Riverside police officer - Not LAPD
Jeremiah MacKay, San Bernadino Sherriffs deputy - Not LAPD
Unknown San Bernadino Sherriffs deputy - Not LAPD.

These police officers were paid to be police officers. They were not paid to be killed. They were as innocent as you and I as they neither knew or had ever had any form of contact with him and were executed only because of the uniform they wore.

Shame on you for trying to justify their murders for any reason. Using your stupid analogy, even war has rules.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4775
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 746 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Postby Captain Awesome » Feb 13th, 2013, 9:51 pm

:sleepdeprived:
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Feb 13th, 2013, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 23137
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1644 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

PreviousNext

Return to World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atomoa and 2 guests