Trump discussion

Poindexter
Guru

Re: Trump Administration: First Hundred Days and Beyond.

Post by Poindexter »

The Green Barbarian wrote:What I find mind-boggling is the colossal freak-out when anyone wades in here who doesn't reside in a liberal media echo chamber, and points out fake news about Trump. Oh no! Even if it's just to discuss the media's latest fake news about Trump and how insanely stupid it is, not allowed in here! Only Trump negativity allowed! It's really pathetic. You guys need to take it down a notch or five, because you've got seven more years of Trump to go yet.

You've said nothing to dispute the disconnect between Trump and Canadian ideals and interests. Staying true to form you instead choose call everyone who disagrees with you "pathetic". I'm trying not to make this personal so my post isn't deleted but can you explain to me how this doesn't represent trolling?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic: There is a perfectly good private messaging feature on this forum. USE IT!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Poindexter wrote:
You've said nothing to dispute the disconnect between Trump and Canadian ideals and interests. Staying true to form you instead choose call everyone who disagrees with you "pathetic". I'm trying not to make this personal so my post isn't deleted but can you explain to me how this doesn't represent trolling?

I realize that Ferri wants us to go to PM and she must be obeyed at all costs, however, to call any point of view that differs from yours "trolling" just shows exactly why Trump won. And the fact that it still isn't sinking in is why he's already won in 2020. And I wasn't calling people who disagree with me pathetic, I am calling the entire liberal media echo chamber pathetic, because they just aren't getting it. Good day sir. My PM is open.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
pepecat wrote:It is just mind-boggling how anyone could still believe that Donald Trump is a great choice for the USA, especially to anyone who is a Canadian with Canadian ideals and interests.

What I find mind-boggling is the colossal freak-out when anyone wades in here who doesn't reside in a liberal media echo chamber, and points out fake news about Trump. Oh no! Even if it's just to discuss the media's latest fake news about Trump and how insanely stupid it is, not allowed in here! Only Trump negativity allowed! It's really pathetic. You guys need to take it down a notch or five, because you've got seven more years of Trump to go yet.

Where is this "liberal media echo chamber" that so intrigues and frightens Donald Trump's die-hard fans? Trump himself is writing his own news and setting his own strange legacies in plain view -- if it's all "fake" then someone else must be writing his twitter feed and posing as him on his many public appearances and proclamations. How is the "liberal media echo chamber" making up what Trump himself is saying and doing OUT LOUD and in person on readily accessible media that is available for all the world to see? Is it all just a hoax?

I can see people suspending their disbelief over clownishness when it comes to reality shows and sitcoms and high-concept movies and books, but it is wrong to expect rational, fair-minded people to do the same when it comes to real life issues that affect the good of social morality. Donald Trump represents the rotting cancer that will eventually kill everything good on the planet.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

I don't like or dislike DT. Don't really care or not care. But I do like the way the left get all uppity and upset with him. Every time he does something that gets the left a worked up I think ....good, now you know how I feel every time you open your mouths. Guess it's nature's way of balancing the new wave of leftism that is rotting the planet.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Make america great again.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

I would suggest that America is less respected, less operational and less influential then it was 1 year ago. Seems like Trump has to put some effort into his job, it’s not all golf and twitter.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Make america great again.

Insightful post.

The FCC is now doing away with net neutrality, in order to reduce regulation for ISPs. It will be interesting to watch this unfold from Canada, as the ISPs in the States will now be able to restrict bandwidth on whatever sites they want. A prime example of reduced regulations hurting consumers for corporate benefits.

Meanwhile Trump is getting in Twitter feuds with NBA players’ families.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Out of curiosity, when was this “great” period that Trump will return America to?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gilchy wrote:

Out of curiosity, when was this “great” period that Trump will return America to?

Any decade before the 90s
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Socially? Politically? Or economically?

Economically, that is never coming back as it was, as manufacturing is simply not manpower dependent to the same degree it used to be. The middle class isn’t disappearing because coal mines and factory lines have disappeared, rather that the 3richest in America have the same combined net worth as the bottom 160 million.

Politically, it would be nice to see us return to a more productive political conversation, and not the hyper-partisan environment we’re in today, where you agree with me or you’re disgusting scum. Both sides are guilty of this.

Socially, unless you are awhite male, it does not makes sense to me to want to go backwards.

Do you honestly see Trump helping with any of these issues?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yes trump has pushed the dow up 5000 points in a year. . He is helping many people . Now if he can rid avg americans of obama care he will go down as one of the greats

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

America was great. Now they are a sad joke.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Jflem1983 wrote:Yes trump has pushed the dow up 5000 points in a year

This was a result of policies implemented by Obama lol
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Watching Roy Moore sell Alabama conservatives into believing he's the victim has been a lesson in how Trump could fool so many. Moore has managed to convince his followers that the accusations against him are not consequences of his own actions, it's an attack of against their smalltown way of life from currupt big city types who want to tell them what to do. Then with a straight face he manages to say, "but you're not that gullible".

That this line of bull is even accepted as plausible is a good indicator that Trump supporters are not a counter culture within the US, they are a "contrary culture". Conservative voters have been written into a drama by right wing media where their way of life is under attack by liberals. Creation of an antagonist as reason for a united front isn't a new form of manipulation, the unfortunate thing is that it's been turned into a science with the use of tools such as Facebook and Twitter where a few can have enormous influence over many with relatively ease.

The implication of a contrary culture is that regardless of how far across one side reaches for compromise, the other side will only move further away. This is when elections become all about Party and nothing about the character or qualifications of the person they're electing. Thier Founding Fathers had warned that this would be the eventual outcome of party politics, but as highlighted by the fact Trump and an alleged pedophile are seen as acceptable choices, it's pretty clear that thier warning has gone unheeded.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “World”