Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Tesla set to be number 1

Post by maryjane48 »

PepsiCo Inc (PEP.N) has reserved 100 of Tesla Inc’s (TSLA.O) new electric Semi trucks, the largest known order of the big rig, as the maker of Mountain Dew soda and Doritos chips seeks to reduce fuel costs and fleet emissions, a company executive said on Tuesday.

Looking good for tesla .orders keep rolling in
Some the biggest trucking users have now ordered :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

So, let's look at the financial benefits for tesla taking deposits on pre-sales. (Yes, another math analogy).

tesla takes a deposit on a vehicle that they have not yet produced, have not proven that the truck will work, something that they can't guarantee that can meet the standards of what the purchaser requires.......and on, and on. They hold that deposit, and either deposit it into an interest bearing account or risk it it on bitcoin or use it to fund their production line.
If they don't fulfill one of their customer's orders, they will refund their money.........Meanwhile tesla has gained the interest earned, capital to fund their production, or profit from the bitcoin gamble.
If the entire scheme implodes and goes bankrupt, Musk doesn't care, he has enough money stashed away to live out his life in Trump style luxury. What does he care?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:Looking good for tesla .orders keep rolling in

And fewer vehicles keep rolling out - not sure how that looks good for Tesla.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JagXKR wrote:Do you like your Bemmer? Or was it one of the other 4 programs? :biggrin:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/volvo- ... heir-cars/

Love the 3 Series - bought it pre-owned though, so no trip for me - this time ;)

Jflem1983 wrote:Id never dream of buying euro junk

Your loss :biggrin:

seewood wrote:Porsche Cayman or 911 S ?

I wish LOL!

I was looking at getting a Ford RS or Subaru WRX STI but decided for a Golf R. I specifically wanted a certain colour with a 6 speed manual transmission and there were none (that weren't a demo') in Canada at the time - so we had to have it ordered in from Wolfsburg.

see wood wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Id never dream of buying euro junk

That's all I dream about.
last two vehicles were ' European German junk" Absolutely love them. Fit and finish and fuel mileage for 300HP engines are great.
Nothing I've had from the NA builders has come close.

Can I get an Amen? :up:

Jflem1983 wrote: I drive trucks. Europe does not make one

Thats because us Europeans grew out of adolescence :up:
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Dec 16th, 2017, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Electric cars/Tesla/Solar power

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... brick-wall

“Tesla’s biggest asset is its stock price,” Chanos said. “When it falls, it will really fall.”

Tesla not looking good to some investors. Like the guy who predicted Enron's collapse.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Enron collapsed because of corruption .was a,ponzi scheme . Tesla has,lots big orders that if can be filled will keep company going fine . If states allowed them dealerships instead of subsadizing gas powered ones this wouldnt even be a topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

U can order a tesla online today. Problem is. They can not deliver a car. Till 2019. Or later
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:In 2015, the number of electric cars on the road globally passed the one million threshold for the first time.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/iea-there-ar ... rlds-roads

i think a milion is a milestone . more than what i would have guessed at this time .

Thank God for Site C! We are going to need the power to power those electric cars!!!!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Site C will be ready just in time for when 0.5% of new car sales is electric. There will be lots of “compatition” dozens of companies make EV vehicles. Chevy Bolt is the current top seller. Mazda has also announced their HCCI engine (skyactiv-x) which will dramatically improve gasoline engines making them as efficient as diesels for 30% more mileage, breathing new life into old tech. Battery tech needs to improve so we will see how good Toyota’s solid state lithium battery does. The cost of an EV can’t drop too much until lithium is phased out.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

But can you breathe in the muffler fumes of a,mazada,.post video of you trying it thanks [icon_lol2.gif]
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:But can you breathe in the muffler fumes of a,mazada,.post video of you trying it thanks [icon_lol2.gif]

What do u drive MJ.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:But can you breathe in the muffler fumes of a,mazada,.post video of you trying it thanks [icon_lol2.gif]

Jflem1983 wrote:What do u drive MJ.

Can we add guesses? Mine is a 1997 Chev Hypocrisy. (burns oil really bad in that model I hear)
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Why would I want to breath exhaust fumes? That’d be as dumb as opening a lithium mine, and making batteries.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”