Another shooting rocks the world

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:Obama HAD 8 years to do something about it and did nothing

It's clear you have little understanding how the political system works. Obama is just one man and does not make decisions solely on his own to change anything. It baffles me why you would make a comment when there is so much on the internet (even if you can't remember anything he said) that belies your opinion.

A tear-stained Barack Obama marked his final year in office with a last-ditch call for US gun control on Tuesday as he outlined new rules that will close important background check loopholes but leave much of the political heavy lifting to his successor.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... th-funding
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

give me a break with his fake bs obama crying , he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

If people can't purchase marijuana or alcohol at the age of 18, why should they be given access to guns? I have had this conversation with my friends too many times. We shouldn't have to talk about this. This country needs stricter laws to help prevent other kids, like me and my classmates, from ever having to experience this. Words mean nothing. Actions do.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/gun-c ... index.html

The kids deserve to get answers and action .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:give me a break with his fake bs obama crying , he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,

Not true - read the articles and brush up on their politics.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,

You might consider researching the facts instead of pretending you know.

President Obama’s ambitious effort to overhaul the nation’s gun laws in response to December’s school massacre in Connecticut suffered a resounding defeat Wednesday, when every major proposal he championed fell apart on the Senate floor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7a691e16fd
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bigjohn69 wrote:If people can't purchase marijuana or alcohol at the age of 18, why should they be given access to guns? I have had this conversation with my friends too many times. We shouldn't have to talk about this. This country needs stricter laws to help prevent other kids, like me and my classmates, from ever having to experience this. Words mean nothing. Actions do.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/gun-c ... index.html

The kids deserve to get answers and action .

yes they do, but nothing will ever change as long as these over educated people who are out of touch with your average hard working people are in charge
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:give me a break with his fake bs obama crying , he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,

With all the news coverage on it, you'd have to have lived under a rock not to know about it.

President Obama today announced a series of sweeping reforms that will help curb gun violence in our nation.

In front of a crowd that included victims of gun violence, families who lost loved ones to gun violence, elected officials, and school children who had written letters asking him to do something to prevent more senseless massacres like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the President introduced a comprehensive proposal that will make it easier to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and will give law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community the tools they need to help reduce gun violence, and keep our children safe.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl ... n-violence
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote: he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,

You might consider researching the facts instead of pretending you know.

President Obama’s ambitious effort to overhaul the nation’s gun laws in response to December’s school massacre in Connecticut suffered a resounding defeat Wednesday, when every major proposal he championed fell apart on the Senate floor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7a691e16fd

exactly defeated , slice it how you want,he had 8 years to try to make it work and nothing changed
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:yes they do, but nothing will ever change as long as these over educated people who are out of touch with your average hard working people are in charge

Yet people like Obama tried to keep guns out of reach - go figure.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:exactly defeated , slice it how you want,he had 8 years to try to make it work and nothing changed

Can thank the opposition at the time for what's happening now and you might brush up on your knowledge of US politics as it's obvious you didn't read the articles.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:Obama HAD 8 years to do something about it and did nothing

It's clear you have little understanding how the political system works.

Like I said, to have any chance at understanding truth one has to first acquire at least some knowledge.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Off Topic
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This isn't the Bickering Room. Might want to use your time and read up on the articles - get a grasp of the seriousness of the situation down south. I'll be surprised if anything changes even after this slaughter.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Off Topic
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 17th, 2018, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not sure what your point is except posts will be deleted. I'm more interested in the topic - the rally down south was something else.

Teen survivors of the shooting massacre at a Florida high school this week were among the speakers at a rally for firearm-safety legislation that drew a passionate, sign-waving crowd of hundreds of gun control supporters in Fort Lauderdale.

Emma Gonzalez, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School where 17 students and staff were killed Wednesday, wiped tears as she urged the audience at the Saturday rally to fight for firearms restrictions to help prevent further mass shootings.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/florida- ... d=53167818

Return to “World”