Another shooting rocks the world

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Bigjohn69 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/4032276/vanc ... m=Facebook

Vancouver illustrator says she’s overwhelmed by the social media response to her cartoon depicting the victim of the recent school shooting in Florida.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:give me a break with his fake bs obama crying , he had power for 8 ,i repeat he had power for 8 years and did nothing about it,

Without the support of both Senate & Congress Trump will have the same amount of success if he actual wants to do something.

Here is total Incidents each decade since the 1950s (schools only)
1950s... 17 with 13 deaths
1960s... 18 with 42 deaths
1970s... 30 with 34 deaths
1980s... 39 with 46 deaths
1990s... 64 with 85 deaths
2000s... 64 with 107 deaths
2010 to February 14, 2018... 133 with 160 deaths
Total deaths = 487 with 740 injured (this is from 1950s to latest)

Clearly this is not important issue for the politicians in the US
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

2015, 1 October - Umpqua Community College shooting - (10 dead)
2014, October 24- Marysville Pilchuck High School shooting - (5 dead)
2013, June 7 - 2013 Santa Monica shooting - (6 dead)
2012, December 14- Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings - (28 deaths)
2012, 2 April - Oikos University shooting - (7 deaths)

Number killed at schools during Obummer years. Notice these were all after his first term. Trump has to do better but let's not forget that, as has been stated, that it's more than just the prez that enacts laws. A good prez instills cooperation.
Blaming Trump but not blaming Obummer is wrong.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JagXKR wrote:2015, 1 October - Umpqua Community College shooting - (10 dead)
2014, October 24- Marysville Pilchuck High School shooting - (5 dead)
2013, June 7 - 2013 Santa Monica shooting - (6 dead)
2012, December 14- Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings - (28 deaths)
2012, 2 April - Oikos University shooting - (7 deaths)

Number killed at schools during Obummer years. Notice these were all after his first term. Trump has to do better but let's not forget that, as has been stated, that it's more than just the prez that enacts laws. A good prez instills cooperation.
Blaming Trump but not blaming Obummer is wrong.

I'm not pointing at any 1 president, I am pointing at All the Politicians in the US, regardless of the political party
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote:your mommy lets you on the computer on weekends to
the truth wrote:you should talk

:spitcoffee: :laugh:
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

I think Obama did his best to effect change on gun laws but his efforts were hampered by the senate (I think) that he only controlled briefly, mathematically, but it was weakened by the death of Ted Kennedy, who was replaced by a Republican and a delayed swearing in of Al Franken. So he never controlled the senate. He had the house for a couple years but it was riddled with 'weak democrats' who distanced themselves from the President, a repeated mistake during midterms . So, one could argue that Obama tried but hit a wall or two. I will happily stand corrected by any corrections to my post as I am not an expert in this area. Anyway, just my two bits worth.

ETA : The NRA is very powerful in America, this cannot be overlooked. Nor can the second amendment.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/219 ... t-shooting

1000s protesting right? Do you think there will be any action on this? I get the impression this is a fairly well off area of Florida, where this school was voted one of the safest, is that right? Where they thought their wealth insulated them?

Well, I am only guessing here but this MAY be the tide turning point.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

White House refuses to release photo of Trump signing bill to weaken gun law

A little over a month after his inauguration, on Feb. 28, 2017, President Trump signed HJ Resolution 40, a bill that made it easier for people with mental illness to obtain guns. CBS News then asked the White House to release the photograph of Mr. Trump signing the bill, making the request a total of 12 times.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders finally responded to repeated emails and phone calls with a one-line note on April 19, 2017, writing to CBS News, "We don't plan to release the picture at this time."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp
President Obama had pushed for the rule following the Sandy Hook massacre and it went into effect in December 2016. Had it been allowed to remain effect, it would have added about 75,000 names of mentally ill Americans to a database that would have stopped them from buying a gun.

I wonder if the obviously mentally disturbed Cruz would have been prevented from buying a fully automatic assault rifle if the imbecilic Trump had not caved to the NRA. I guess it is important that even the violently mentally ill have their second amendment rights protected. It is going to be a long time before America is ever great again. Trump is going to be long remembered as one of the most embarrassing and regretful thing to ever have happened to this once great nation.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I just saw a post of fb where there are dozens of dead Bald Eagles, dead from lead poisoning. And WHO reinstated the use of lead in shot guns? Who? Trump, that's who.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

One of the last actions Barack Obama took during his last full day as president was to quietly enact a ban on lead-based ammunition and fishing tackle, which the White House said would protect animals and fish from poisoning. An order signed on January 19 by the director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) called for a phase-out by 2022 of the use of toxic lead on federal lands, such as national parks and wildlife refuges.

Six weeks later, Ryan Zinke, on his first day as secretary of the interior, revoked the regulation, saying it “was issued without significant communication, consultation or coordination with affected stakeholders.” His action came after gun rights advocacy groups, including the National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), had called for the Trump administration to immediately reverse the order.

http://www.newsweek.com/guns-america-de ... ets-570245
So Obama tried to implement changes that benefit not only the wildlife but MANKIND (i.e. children) and here we are today celebrating life from the deaths of all the innocents that perished needlessly. Will changes happen now? Doubtful.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

America, well on it's way to sh thole status....if it's not there already. There will NEVER be gun control there, imho. I'm glad we have a cultural wall of sorts, in that most Canadians (at least the ones I know) are proud to be Canadian and glad they aren't American. Not that all Americans are bad but what gives down there? Sorry to rant...it's the wine, it's the wine.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ka-El wrote:I wonder if the obviously mentally disturbed Cruz would have been prevented from buying a fully automatic assault rifle if the imbecilic Trump had not caved to the NRA. I guess it is important that even the violently mentally ill have their second amendment rights protected. It is going to be a long time before America is ever great again. Trump is going to be long remembered as one of the most embarrassing and regretful thing to ever have happened to this once great nation.

Cruz never used a fully automatic assault rifle.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Glacier wrote: Cruz never used a fully automatic assault rifle.

:smt045 You're right Glacier, my mistake. It was only a semi-automatic assault rifle, and obviously
we would not have wanted to deny him his second amendment right to purchase one of those.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

'We had this monster living under our roof and we didn't know'

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/nik ... &ocid=iehp
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Why the ACLU supported Trump when he scrapped rule limiting guns for mentally ill

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-tru ... 38963?cid=
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “World”