Another shooting rocks the world

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Sunday is no longer considered a day of rest I guess.

June 27, 2016 Oregon .. Woodburn 13436 Killiam Loop NE .. Killed 3 Injured 1

June 26, 2016 Georgia .. Atlanta 1500 block of Moreland Avenue SE .. Killed 1 Injured 4

June 26, 2016 Texas .. Houston 6000 block of Elm Street .. Killed 1 Injured 3

June 26, 2016 Texas .. Corpus Christi Baldwin Blvd and Lamar .. Killed 0 Injured 4

June 26, 2016 South Carolina .. Marlboro (county) Highway 38 .. Killed 0 Injured 4

June 26, 2016 North Carolina .. Charlotte 2240 Camp Greene St. .. Killed 0 Injured 5
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

We need a separate ongoing thread entitled Terrorist Attacks under the WORLD folder, because suicide bombers are not 'shootings', it has not a damned thing to do with gun control anywhere in the world.

How stupid is it to have to post about the Istanbul airport and three suicide bombers and call it 'another shooting'. Doesn't even make sense.

We definitely need a different thread for terrorist attacks, because they are not going to stop, and I'm not American and am not that interested in their gun laws.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

pepsilover wrote:We need a separate ongoing thread entitled Terrorist Attacks under the WORLD folder, because suicide bombers are not 'shootings', it has not a damned thing to do with gun control anywhere in the world.

How stupid is it to have to post about the Istanbul airport and three suicide bombers and call it 'another shooting'. Doesn't even make sense.

We definitely need a different thread for terrorist attacks, because they are not going to stop, and I'm not American and am not that interested in their gun laws.

that's a good idea. because i don't recall hearing anything about gunshots at the Istanbul airport.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

As long as it doesn't turn into another religion bashing thread.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

ferri wrote:
that's a good idea. because i don't recall hearing anything about gunshots at the Istanbul airport.

I thought I heard there were shots fired before the explosion...but I agree there should be a separate thread.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

okay, i've started one.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68064
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

June 30, 2016 Illinois .. Chicago 9500 block of South Loomis Street .. Killed 1 .. Injured 4

June 29, 2016 Nevada .. Las Vegas 6100 Block of West Lake Mead Boulevard .. Killed 5 .. Injured 0

June 28, 2016 California .. Los Angeles (county) 13800 block of South Avalon Boulevard .. Killed 1 .. Injured 3

June 28, 2016 Illinois .. Chicago 1600 block of South Christiana .. Killed 0 .. Injured 4
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oneh2obabe wrote:As long as it doesn't turn into another religion bashing thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/asia/bang ... -shooting/

not sure what religion these guys follow, but this is a pretty major incident that is still ongoing in Bangladesh.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

At least six people, including children, have been killed in an attack on two buses in the county of Mandera in northern Kenya.

The killings on Friday, which occured 900km from the capital Nairobi, came just a day after a roadside bomb attack on a bus left at least 18 people dead in neighbouring Somalia.

Al Jazeera's Mohammed Adow said gunmen opened fire on the first bus, which failed to stop, and then on the second resulted in the casualties.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/c ... 27927.html
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

pepsilover wrote:We need a separate ongoing thread entitled Terrorist Attacks under the WORLD folder, because suicide bombers are not 'shootings', it has not a damned thing to do with gun control anywhere in the world.

I actually agree with this poster for once. Shooting terrorism tends to be the terrorism of choice in the US where guns are ubiquitous and it's easy for anyone to obtain an arsenal. 99% of these attackers are domestic, white males. 100 people per day die from gun violence/terrorism in the US.

In Europe where guns are harder to get, bombs are a much more popular choice.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Partmanpartfish wrote:
I actually agree with this poster for once. Shooting terrorism tends to be the terrorism of choice in the US where guns are ubiquitous and it's easy for anyone to obtain an arsenal. 99% of these attackers are domestic, white males. 100 people per day die from gun violence/terrorism in the US.

well gun violence anyway. Only when you get a Muslim who hates gay people do you get some terrorist-related gun violence. Of course, the guy being Muslim isn't the issue, according to our resident PC police. Someone should have told the people of Paris, who halved the Gay pride parade route this year due to the Orlando shootings. Why would that be?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... de-halved/

In Europe where guns are harder to get, bombs are a much more popular choice.

Unless you are in Paris. Seems to be no problem if you are an Islamic person in getting an AK 47 and running into Charlie Hebdo's offices, or running into a nightclub and blasting away.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

A rabbi who heads a West Bank yeshiva was killed Friday afternoon and his wife and children were injured when their family car came under gunfire from a passing vehicle and overturned, south of the West Bank city of Hebron.

The victim of the terror attack was named as 48-year-old Miki Mark, director of the yeshiva in nearby Otniel. Mark, a father of ten and the cousin of Mossad chief Yossi Cohen, had lived in the settlement with his family for years.

Mark’s wife was seriously injured in the attack near Beit Hagai on Route 60. Their 14-year-old daughter was in moderate-to-serious condition and their 15-year-old son was lightly injured. Earlier reports of an infant in the vehicle were apparently mistaken.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/2-israelis ... ar-hebron/
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Watching NBC Nightly News tonight. A report on ISIS attacks. "400 dead worldwide in 4 weeks," the big, bold on-screen print shouted.

In the same 4 weeks, almost 3000 are dead due to gun violence in the US.

ISIS has some catching up to do.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the problem there is the miltary weapons companies wont make any money if they go after the bigger threat to americans . fellow americans .

if that number is true 3000 ,that is way higher tgan what i would have guessed .

and to end americans done sound as nefarius as isis when it comes to boogiemen .
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

The number of gun violence deaths each year in the US is 33,000. That includes, homicides, accidents, toddlers shooting their mothers and suicides. So close to 3000 bodies per month.

So close to 3000 per month.

Return to “World”