Another shooting rocks the world

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by rustled »

This one won't rock the world, but good lord, the world's gone mad:
http://www.castanet.net/news/World/168292/6-shot-in-Oakland
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Glacier wrote:There have actually been about 3 mass shootings this year, but hey close enough.

Five mass shootings in the US this week alone. Six if you count Orlando.
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

This one might not rock the world, but it's worth noting:
http://www.castanet.net/news/World/168439/British-MP-dies-after-attack
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It seems to me it's a multi-faceted problem, and solving it will require a multi-pronged approach. Each approach that helps address any part of the problem and would contribute to making the world a more peaceful place should be considered, not rejected because it won't solve the whole problem.

We need to be cognizant of unintended consequences, too, though. Profiling is one. It has consequences for the people being treated differently because they're being profiled, but it also clouds the issue. Think of any wrongful conviction where we just needed someone to pin the crime on so the community would calm down. For everyone wrongfully accused, investigated and convicted based on bias and profiling, the actual criminal has been (most likely) still walking free.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault

Heavily armed attackers stormed Garissa University early on Thursday, killing two security guards then firing indiscriminately on students.

Four of the gunman were eventually surrounded in a dormitory, and died when their suicide vests detonated.

It is the deadliest attack yet by al-Shabab.

The militants singled out Christians and shot them, witnesses said.

...'We came to kill or finally be killed."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32169080

Al-Shabab ("Mujahideen Youth Movement") is a jihadist terrorist group based in East Africa.
In 2012, it pledged allegiance to the militant Islamist organization Al-Qaeda.

...Dang those Christians.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Kenya attack: 147 dead in Garissa University assault

Heavily armed attackers stormed Garissa University early on Thursday, killing two security guards then firing indiscriminately on students.

Four of the gunman were eventually surrounded in a dormitory, and died when their suicide vests detonated.

It is the deadliest attack yet by al-Shabab.

The militants singled out Christians and shot them, witnesses said.

...'We came to kill or finally be killed."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32169080

Thank you for posting this. People often get accused (wrongfully so) in this forum of not posting about other terrorist attacks around the world, and usually by people who refuse to acknowledge those Islamic terrorist attacks when they do happen. (This is a good example since I don't see anybody else responded yet to this post). What I have noticed is it is generally the Christian posters who post articles addressing those other attacks around the world, or at least people who are not railing against Christianity.

147 university students murdered by Islamic terrorists, with Christians being targeted. Can you imagine if that happened at UBC how many responses there would be to this? I maintain we live in a bubble over here in the West, most seem to have no remote idea or even care what is going on in other parts of the world, and especially regarding Islamic terrorism. Case in point that it has to be pointed out who al-Shabab is.

I have pointed out various times that Christians are targeted by Islamic terrorists and have been told by the left, by atheists, that I am just out of my mind. They know we are targeted they just don't want to admit it. And I've never seen a worldwide wake for Christians who have been murdered by terrorists. We just aren't politically popular these days. TARGETED. This is an important word when determining terrorism by Islamic extremists, and when targeted groups of people have been ignored or 'dumbed down' by radical political groups from the left, they are not doing the world any service whatsoever. Most of them still can't and won't admit that gays were targeted in Orlando. It's beyond pathetic.

At some point the left is going to have to wake up. Now they know (but won't admit) beyond a shadow of a doubt that gays are targeted by Islamic terrorists (Orlando and thwarted LA attempt and Pride month isn't over yet), along with Christians who have been targeted for years (and especially Syrian Christians that nobody talks about, and most of them are dead now, wiped out). So we are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER, against Islamic ideology run rampant. And my personal feeling is that those on the hard left radical fringe hate that more than the actual death count, be it gays or Christians or university students.

There are a number of terrorist groups around the world, but many only know of ISIS. They are kind of like the 'Kardashians of Terror' with all their selfies and twitter accounts. That's why people 'know' of them, they are attention *bleep*. But there are lots and lots of other terrorist groups with their EXTREME ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY as their guide to their mass killing sprees. Yes, the left will not be able to stay in denial much longer. Their 'war of words' is not going to stand up to the reality of what is happening right in front of their faces.

God bless and keep those killed, and their families, in that university slaughter.

What a lot of people here in the West do not understand apparently is that although Christianity is on the decline in the western world, it is on the upswing in places like Africa.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

FYI that happened in 2015
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 17th, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

icanthearyou wrote:FYI that happened in 2015

FYI this happened yesterday (like it matters when it happened):

Boko Haram shoot dead 18 women at funeral in northern Nigeria

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-niger ... SKCN0Z31D2

But I don't blame Boko Haram, I blame the NRA (the Nigerian Rifle Association) for making it so easy to put those guns in BK's hands, and I blame Nigerian right-wing Christians, for fostering an environment in Nigeria where shooting at women at funerals is acceptable. And I blame the right wing media in Nigeria too, for immediately assigning blame to Boko Haram, when it just could have been a few sexually repressed messed up kids who were responsible. But I do not blame the rise of Islamic extremism. NO SIR.

and besides, we can't talk about mass shootings that occur outside of the US. Ever.
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Jun 17th, 2016, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

How soon we forget:
Attachments
408252_323604661073700_1960506477_n.jpg
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Urbane wrote:How soon we forget:

Exactly. And Obama has had how many years and how many mass shootings to do something about this? And he's done NOTHING but be emotional in the press, frustrated, sad, oh that's SO HELPFUL. People are SO DONE with that guy!
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

An interesting factoid: During the Wed-Thur 15 hour filibuster on gun violence, 48 Americans died from gun violence.

I'm not aware of how many of the shooters were radical Islamic extremists, but my guess would be zero.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

pepsilover wrote:Exactly. And Obama has had how many years and how many mass shootings to do something about this? And he's done NOTHING but be emotional in the press, frustrated, sad, oh that's SO HELPFUL. People are SO DONE with that guy!

Obviously Obama as one person can't do alot. The gun lobby has both parties cowtowed on gun regulation. This is not on just one side.

I couldn't believe after Sandy Hook they did nothing, that was a tiping point for the country. Once you decide the murder of children is going to be accepted what could possibly motivate politicians to break away from the gun lobby and DO something?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Partmanpartfish wrote:An interesting factoid: During the Wed-Thur 15 hour filibuster on gun violence, 48 Americans died from gun violence.

I'm not aware of how many of the shooters were radical Islamic extremists, but my guess would be zero.

And 18 women were gunned down by radical Islamic extremists in Nigeria. How many leftists cared about that? My guess would be zero.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:And 18 women were gunned down by radical Islamic extremists in Nigeria. How many leftists cared about that? My guess would be zero.

Well isn't that a pretty big assumption... Good job GB!
hail Satan y'all

Return to “World”