Another shooting rocks the world

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's funny how Trump went into an immediate Mental health kinda defence for the Texan mass murderer. Lol

Why the hell are people with a history of domestic violence able to acquire a firearm through legal means?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

UPDATE: The latest information on the Texas church shooting and the heroes who ended the rampage

http://www.leoaffairs.com/update-latest ... d-rampage/
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Unfreakin' believeable. MJ, I believe you're right.

I would say that he might be right on his religious affiliation in the same way that Neil Snelson was a Christian, but this does not seem to be politically motivated, left or right. He was clearly a bad man who was banned from owning guns given his military discharge. It's likely that the church took his wife's side (because he was a violent scumbag), and then he proved everyone right by being a violent scumbag.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 6th, 2017, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

His in-laws occasionally attended that church. They weren't there yesterday, but that seems to be why he went there. :-X
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heism.html
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Glacier wrote: He was clearly a bad man who was banned from owning guns given his military discharge.

It is my understanding the comment quoted above is incorrect.
Mr. Kelley was not "dishonorably discharged" from the military leaving him with legal status to buy guns in the US.
It's the American way.
If more of those parishioners were "packin" his wouldn't have happened.

Edit to add:
I can't dispute "He was clearly a bad man" part of the quote tho.
Last edited by Boda on Nov 6th, 2017, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Boda wrote:
Glacier wrote: He was clearly a bad man who was banned from owning guns given his military discharge.

It is my understanding the comment quoted above is incorrect.
Mr. Kelley was not "dishonorably discharged" from the military leaving him with legal status to buy guns in the US.
It's the American way.
If more of those parishioners were "packin" his wouldn't have happened.

Well that's one thing that should be changed. No crazy atheists who beat their wives should be allowed own guns.
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:
Glacier wrote:LOL! Nothing say "Christian" like shooting up a church!

Well lifes tough under trump all the rightwingers have come to know trump lied so go out with blaze of non glory

please provide link that says he was a christian, no one seems to have seen one except you
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

jimmy4321 wrote:It's funny how Trump went into an immediate Mental health kinda defence for the Texan mass murderer. Lol

Why the hell are people with a history of domestic violence able to acquire a firearm through legal means?

Just heard he obtained the weapon illegally, he couldn't get it legally. Still think Trumps a nut lol
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Trump locks onto the mental health aspect, but one of the first bills he signed off on was to roll back a law that Obama signed after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, making it harder for people with mental health problems to obtain a gun.

It was one of the signings that Trump did not do in front of the press, with people standing behind him.

Just Trump talking out of the other side of his mouth again.

Trump signed the bill into law without a photo op or fanfare. The president welcomed cameras into the oval office Tuesday for the signing of other executive orders and bills. News that the president signed the bill was tucked at the bottom of a White House email alerting press to other legislation signed by the president.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
Last edited by GenesisGT on Nov 6th, 2017, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

Yes, there is a lot of that going on at the moment. If only people would wait for the facts to reveal themselves instead of jumping to conclusions and betraying their biases.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes GenesisGT, good catch, people tend to forget he revoked the Obama gun bill just out of pure loyalty to the NRA and spite towards the "evil" democrats.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:

Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heism.html

I took the quote right from the LinkIn link you provided, which lead me to believe MJ was right.

The guy is going down in history as the the one who conducted the worst mass murder in Texas history, until the next gunman comes along.

Bad men don't go away. They get encouraged by the copycat syndrome however.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Queen K wrote:I took the quote right from the LinkIn link you provided, which lead me to believe MJ was right.

The guy is going down in history as the the one who conducted the worst mass murder in Texas history, until the next gunman comes along.

Bad men don't go away. They get encouraged by the copycat syndrome however.

This is why we need to treat this without the sensational reporting, jumping to conclusions, and finger pointing. We need actions to prevent these things from happening again, not prayers, not sensationalism, but properly researched, non-partisan, non-lobbied actions to create a safer society. Maybe more guns are needed in the hands of well meaning citizens, maybe all guns need to be removed from society, maybe we need to focus on providing proper mental health, identifying people with major issues beforehand, etc. but the last thing we need is to pretend that thoughts and prayers are working or that the way it has been covered will lead to a rational and productive debate.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

From what I have been reading, he was a member of the baptist church at one time, but drifted away from religion as the mental health issues increased.
At odds with his parents and his former wife’s parents — who attended the targeted church on a semi-regular basis — it appears he channeled his hatred for his former in laws towards their religion and their church.
More deranged than atheist in my opinion, but the angry atheist angle works better for the gun lovers.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou

Return to “World”