Another shooting rocks the world

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by JLives »

You guys are the only ones I have seen discussing identity politics. Or politics at all. What this is actually about is too much gun violence and the need for sensible laws to reduce it. Get with the program dudes.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote:You guys are the only ones I have seen discussing identity politics. Or politics at all. What this is actually about is too much gun violence and the need for sensible laws to reduce it. Get with the program dudes.

yes, it would be insanely stupid of anyone to blame "entitled white males" for gun control issues in the US. That person would have to be one of the dumbest people on Castanet.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Glacier wrote:She was actually a male who was transitioning into a woman. The left has no idea how to handle this one. Do they admit there are only two genders so they can pin it on men or do they throw women under the bus to promote the narrative that there are 72 different genders? https://everipedia.org/wiki/nasim-aghdam/

It seems to be the worst case scenario for the Left all right. This was supposed to be a disgruntled alt-righter who was retaliating for Youtube's censorship of right-wing videos on Youtube. When it turned out to be one of their own instead, and a woman to boot, well that just threw the entire narrative under the bus, and put the media into full on "bury this story immediately" mode.

The media (right and left) are still strongly carrying this story - there is no evidence of it being "buried". Go to google news and you'll see a slew of articles on the story that are still emerging.

And what do you mean by "this was supposed to be a disgruntled alt-righter"? Do you think people hear about a tragedy like this and immediately are inclined to put a political label on it, or fret that it's a "worst case scenario" somehow to their own beliefs and will make them look bad? Really, only a rabid political junkie (no matter their leaning) would hear of a case like this one and glee in the fact that it was someone "from the other side".

There are a lot of people who are angry at their jobs, their schools, their families, or whatever but the vast majority of them don't resort to killing people over it. For the very tiny percentage of people that do, there is usually an underlying mental illness that has nothing to do with their political beliefs or their gender or their race. Unfortunately, the United States' love and embracement of guns and ammo just makes it a lot easier and more acceptable for them to kill each other.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
JLives wrote:You guys are the only ones I have seen discussing identity politics. Or politics at all. What this is actually about is too much gun violence and the need for sensible laws to reduce it. Get with the program dudes.

yes, it would be insanely stupid of anyone to blame "entitled white males" for gun control issues in the US. That person would have to be one of the dumbest people on Castanet.

Posting videos made by a quack whose journalistic integrity includes presenting tweets by other random quacks as evidence of a "left-wing conspiracy", definitely proves who is one of the dumbest people on Castanet.

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Ranger66 wrote:“If a military tactical team entered my property with weapons drawn”

You are probably a criminal.

“what would you use as your necessary tool to protect yourself and your family in this example? an axe?”

What are the chances of that happening, what if South Korea attacks my house with nuclear weapons by your logic I should have some ICBM’s to defend myself.

Probably - that was an easy call for you to make

Well, I doubt you would have a chance at self defense if SK struck first.

I recon an AR15 just might keep you alive in a dogman encounter too. ;)
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

“I recon an AR15 just might keep you alive in a dogman encounter too”

In a Dogman encounter I would be split between an AK47 and a Benelli M4 Tactical Semiautomatic . The AR15 is a gun for crazy people.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Ranger66 wrote:“I recon an AR15 just might keep you alive in a dogman encounter too”

In a Dogman encounter I would be split between an AK47 and a Benelli M4 Tactical Semiautomatic . The AR15 is a gun for crazy people.

We don't know for certain whether dogman is part human, but a crazy weapon for a crazy creature seems a reasonable fit to me!
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

pepecat wrote:She was actually a male who was transitioning into a woman. The left has no idea how to handle this one. Do they admit there are only two genders so they can pin it on men or do they throw women under the bus to promote the narrative that there are 72 different genders? https://everipedia.org/wiki/nasim-aghdam/

It seems to be the worst case scenario for the Left all right. This was supposed to be a disgruntled alt-righter who was retaliating for Youtube's censorship of right-wing videos on Youtube. When it turned out to be one of their own instead, and a woman to boot, well that just threw the entire narrative under the bus, and put the media into full on "bury this story immediately" mode.[/quote]

The media (right and left) are still strongly carrying this story - there is no evidence of it being "buried". Go to google news and you'll see a slew of articles on the story that are still emerging.

And what do you mean by "this was supposed to be a disgruntled alt-righter"? Do you think people hear about a tragedy like this and immediately are inclined to put a political label on it, or fret that it's a "worst case scenario" somehow to their own beliefs and will make them look bad? Really, only a rabid political junkie (no matter their leaning) would hear of a case like this one and glee in the fact that it was someone "from the other side".

There are a lot of people who are angry at their jobs, their schools, their families, or whatever but the vast majority of them don't resort to killing people over it. For the very tiny percentage of people that do, there is usually an underlying mental illness that has nothing to do with their political beliefs or their gender or their race. Unfortunately, the United States' love and embracement of guns and ammo just makes it a lot easier and more acceptable for them to kill each other.[/quote]

Actually Yes. A TON of lefty people took to twitter and IG and posted about it "being a Right Winger" "Trump Fan" or a "Alex Jones Supporter". Some even theorized that it was a Right winger getting revenge for youtube taking down a video about David Hogg being a complete wacko. All while most of the Right wingers were just waiting for the facts to come out before making assumptions.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

So a “semi-nude” combat-aged white male with an assault style weapon opens fire at a Waffle House and kills four people, before the shooting spree is stopped by an unarmed man.
But let’s ignore gun control and keep pushing for the building of that wall that will prevent Mexican labourers from crossing into the states and doing the work that lazy Americans refuse to do.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Wall is just a way to launder Russian ill-gotten money. Nothing more.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
SC001

Shootings in America

Post by SC001 »

So after the massive marches and the #neveragain movement stemming from the Florida school shooting, I can't even count the number of shootings that have happened in America since then. Many of which have been in schools and some that have been at other places. When is this violent behavior going to stop? Has ANYTHING been done about the gun laws in America? Just today, May 18th there was another shooter in a Texas school!
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

Reported 8 to 10 deceased,
Another crazy with a gun. Slow hand clap!
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sad, sad sad :cry:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/santa- ... s-shooting

Omigod, 8 - 10 dead, all over again. :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “World”