Another shooting rocks the world

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by Queen K »

Com'on, who shoots up an old folks home to the tune of 8 dead? Just watch all the copy cat idiots out there now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The shootings are coming in so hard and fast it is difficult to keep up.

Who shoots up an immigration/community center to the tune of 14 dead? Sick sick sick.

And three dead officers in Pa. The saddest is one of them wasn't even on duty, so his widow gets zilch. Nothing. Ins. will not kick in.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

keesa wrote:The shootings are coming in so hard and fast it is difficult to keep up.

If the current tend holds, it will only get worse. Here is a graph of all school shootings in the USA. Notice how it has climbed in the current decade which isn't even over yet.
USshootingsperDecade.PNG
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jordan123
Fledgling

Post by Jordan123 »

News Flash - People have always been killing each other. We're not going to change our ways until we can act and react from a place that's not based in fear. This has been happening for as long as humans have been here, the only difference is, we readily have access to the information now.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

:127:

Sure folks killing each other isn't new ... head in sand denial isn't new either.

The "modern access to information" thing is an easy pile of sand but don't forget to come out for air now and then. It doesn't require Perry Masonesque research to accept things overall are getting wacked.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Jordan123
Fledgling

Post by Jordan123 »

Okay, that makes no sense at all .... How is anyone burying their head in the sand? All I was saying is, it's been happening and will continue to happen until we can change our ways. I'm aware of it, I just know it won't change until people actually believe they don't need to resort to violence to be heard.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Jordan123 wrote:News Flash - People have always been killing each other. ... the only difference is, we readily have access to the information now.

It's probably just me but following a post illustrating how things are progressively getting wacked, your post sounded something like:

"You boneheads, things aren't getting worse, we just know about more now"

When it's obvious they are. (just ask Agent Dave)
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

When my mom was growing up in the 40s and 50s there was not a single school shooting nor had it ever crossed anyone's mind that someone would do such a thing. When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s school shootings skyrocketed, but they were big city events. Now that my children are growing up in the 21st century they did a practice a lock down in his school last week to prepare in the event of a big shooting. My kids go to a rural school in the Okanagan.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Another sad day on the world of mass shootings, this time in the Netherlands.

Seven people are dead and 15 others wounded after a gunman opened fire at a crowded shopping mall near Amsterdam on Saturday.

[...]

"You hear about this sort of thing happening at American schools and you think that's a long way away," said Rob Kuipers, 50. "Now it's happened here in the Netherlands."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2011040 ... ng-110409/
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I've heard that Canadians have more guns per capita than US.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Never mind that madman in Norway. 76 dead?

Now Ohioians have to deal with their own madman, 8 dead including an 11 year old?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Queen K wrote:Never mind that madman in Norway. 76 dead?

Now Ohioians have to deal with their own madman, 8 dead including an 11 year old?

I guess Norwegians are just better at shooting. Who would have thunk it ...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#65917

Eight dead at a hair saloon? This is just terrible.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I guess the shootings are getting kind of old hat since it's been 6 hours since the Castanet story was posted, with nary a comment on the forums about it.

Belgian investigators say the gunman who went on a horrific rampage through the city of Liege was obsessed with firearms, and had been scheduled to meet with police on the same day he went on a killing spree.

Nordine Amrani, 33, was armed with hand grenades, a revolver and an assault rifle that he used to attack holiday shoppers in a central square in Liege on Tuesday afternoon.

By Tuesday night the death toll had risen to at least six, including Amrani, with more than 120 wounded.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”