Another shooting rocks the world

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Postby Glacier » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:22 am

Queen K wrote:Unfreakin' believeable. MJ, I believe you're right.

Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heism.html
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 7697 posts

Postby Boda » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:45 am

Glacier wrote: He was clearly a bad man who was banned from owning guns given his military discharge.

It is my understanding the comment quoted above is incorrect.
Mr. Kelley was not "dishonorably discharged" from the military leaving him with legal status to buy guns in the US.
It's the American way.
If more of those parishioners were "packin" his wouldn't have happened.

Edit to add:
I can't dispute "He was clearly a bad man" part of the quote tho.
Last edited by Boda on Nov 6th, 2017, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boda
Board Meister

Liked in: 216 posts

Postby Glacier » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:47 am

Boda wrote:
Glacier wrote: He was clearly a bad man who was banned from owning guns given his military discharge.

It is my understanding the comment quoted above is incorrect.
Mr. Kelley was not "dishonorably discharged" from the military leaving him with legal status to buy guns in the US.
It's the American way.
If more of those parishioners were "packin" his wouldn't have happened.

Well that's one thing that should be changed. No crazy atheists who beat their wives should be allowed own guns.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby the truth » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:51 am

maryjane48 wrote:
Glacier wrote:LOL! Nothing say "Christian" like shooting up a church!

Well lifes tough under trump all the rightwingers have come to know trump lied so go out with blaze of non glory

please provide link that says he was a christian, no one seems to have seen one except you
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4308 posts

Postby jimmy4321 » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:56 am

jimmy4321 wrote:It's funny how Trump went into an immediate Mental health kinda defence for the Texan mass murderer. Lol

Why the hell are people with a history of domestic violence able to acquire a firearm through legal means?

Just heard he obtained the weapon illegally, he couldn't get it legally. Still think Trumps a nut lol
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1390 posts

Postby GenesisGT » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:11 am

Trump locks onto the mental health aspect, but one of the first bills he signed off on was to roll back a law that Obama signed after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, making it harder for people with mental health problems to obtain a gun.

It was one of the signings that Trump did not do in front of the press, with people standing behind him.

Just Trump talking out of the other side of his mouth again.

Trump signed the bill into law without a photo op or fanfare. The president welcomed cameras into the oval office Tuesday for the signing of other executive orders and bills. News that the president signed the bill was tucked at the bottom of a White House email alerting press to other legislation signed by the president.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
Last edited by GenesisGT on Nov 6th, 2017, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good judgement comes from experience. Where does experience come from? Poor judgement.

2 people like this post.
GenesisGT
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1480 posts

Postby Verum » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:14 am

Glacier wrote:Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

Yes, there is a lot of that going on at the moment. If only people would wait for the facts to reveal themselves instead of jumping to conclusions and betraying their biases.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling

Liked in: 262 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:14 am

Yes GenesisGT, good catch, people tend to forget he revoked the Obama gun bill just out of pure loyalty to the NRA and spite towards the "evil" democrats.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9521 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:17 am

Glacier wrote:
Queen K wrote:Unfreakin' believeable. MJ, I believe you're right.

Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heism.html

I took the quote right from the LinkIn link you provided, which lead me to believe MJ was right.

The guy is going down in history as the the one who conducted the worst mass murder in Texas history, until the next gunman comes along.

Bad men don't go away. They get encouraged by the copycat syndrome however.
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Verum » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:30 am

Queen K wrote:I took the quote right from the LinkIn link you provided, which lead me to believe MJ was right.

The guy is going down in history as the the one who conducted the worst mass murder in Texas history, until the next gunman comes along.

This is why we need to treat this without the sensational reporting, jumping to conclusions, and finger pointing. We need actions to prevent these things from happening again, not prayers, not sensationalism, but properly researched, non-partisan, non-lobbied actions to create a safer society. Maybe more guns are needed in the hands of well meaning citizens, maybe all guns need to be removed from society, maybe we need to focus on providing proper mental health, identifying people with major issues beforehand, etc. but the last thing we need is to pretend that thoughts and prayers are working or that the way it has been covered will lead to a rational and productive debate.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Fledgling

Postby RupertBear » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:32 am

From what I have been reading, he was a member of the baptist church at one time, but drifted away from religion as the mental health issues increased.
At odds with his parents and his former wife’s parents — who attended the targeted church on a semi-regular basis — it appears he channeled his hatred for his former in laws towards their religion and their church.
More deranged than atheist in my opinion, but the angry atheist angle works better for the gun lovers.

jamapple likes this post.
RupertBear
Fledgling

Liked in: 213 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:34 am

Verum wrote:
Queen K wrote:I took the quote right from the LinkIn link you provided, which lead me to believe MJ was right.

This is why we need to treat this without the sensational reporting, jumping to conclusions, and finger pointing. We need actions to prevent these things from happening again, not prayers, not sensationalism, but properly researched, non-partisan, non-lobbied actions to create a safer society. Maybe more guns are needed in the hands of well meaning citizens, maybe all guns need to be removed from society, maybe we need to focus on providing proper mental health, identifying people with major issues beforehand, etc. but the last thing we need is to pretend that thoughts and prayers are working or that the way it has been covered will lead to a rational and productive debate.

I hope this wasn't directed at me because I've made many a post about the asinine talking point of "thoughts and prayers." I too find it canned, bland and meaningless in the era and political will to go out and declare, "it's too soon to be talking about gun control."

I was just investigating CNN's coverage and found this gem, we can agree on where the politicans can shove their "thoughts and prayers."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/health/ma ... index.html

Verum likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Glacier » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:41 am

Verum wrote:
Glacier wrote:Annnnnd, we spoke too soon...

Yes, there is a lot of that going on at the moment. If only people would wait for the facts to reveal themselves instead of jumping to conclusions and betraying their biases.

No one is jumping to conclusions except you perhaps as you jump to the conclusion that people are jumping to conclusions. We are discussing this shooting. We are putting forward information based upon the information out there. That's how things work in the world, bud. Someone puts forward an idea, an argument, a theory, and then we refine it with criticism and new evidence.

We still don't know what the Quebec Mosque shooter's motive was, but I have a theory. I think he hated Muslims because he thinks Islam is evil, and he thinks it's okay to commit murder based on hatred. Obviously you think this is wrong of me to think this since there isn't enough evidence to convince you 100%.

Similarly, I think that's part of the reason for this latest shooting, but it's probably also related to his ex-wife's family and/or he was hell bent on providing retribution on her family and/or the church for his failed marriage, yadda, yadda. I'm not reaching a conclusion, I'm only discussing the evidence as it comes out. Sorry that you can't accept people using their heads to discuss things.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 6th, 2017, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Verum » Nov 6th, 2017, 9:41 am

Queen K wrote:
Verum wrote:This is why we need to treat this without the sensational reporting, jumping to conclusions, and finger pointing. We need actions to prevent these things from happening again, not prayers, not sensationalism, but properly researched, non-partisan, non-lobbied actions to create a safer society. Maybe more guns are needed in the hands of well meaning citizens, maybe all guns need to be removed from society, maybe we need to focus on providing proper mental health, identifying people with major issues beforehand, etc. but the last thing we need is to pretend that thoughts and prayers are working or that the way it has been covered will lead to a rational and productive debate.

I hope this wasn't directed at me because I've made many a post about the asinine talking point of "thoughts and prayers." I too find it canned, bland and meaningless in the era and political will to go out and declare, "it's too soon to be talking about gun control."

I was just investigating CNN's coverage and found this gem, we can agree on where the politicans can shove their "thoughts and prayers."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/health/ma ... index.html

No. I was essentially agreeing re. the copycat syndrome
Verum
Fledgling

Postby Glacier » Nov 6th, 2017, 10:15 am

Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to World