Another shooting rocks the world

Jlabute
Guru

Re: Las Vegas Shooting 50+DEAD 400+Injured

Post by Jlabute »

ISIS usually aren’t so slow making claims. I suppose it is possible. We will see what comes to light in the next few days. It was days ago media were wishing he was Muslim in their search for understanding.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

if there was any hint he was involved with isil it be all out by now and labeled terrorist. its white guy gone looney .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

If it is true we will have clear evidence as to just how effective travel bans and border walls
are going to be in stopping home grown terrorists recruited and radicalized over the internet.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Ka-El wrote:If it is true we will have clear evidence as to just how effective travel bans and border walls
are going to be in stopping home grown terrorists recruited and radicalized over the internet.

imo the internet is a billion times more dangerous and effective ,when it comes to recruiting and radicalizing people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they know he started buying guns we before 6 months ago . what is interesting is some reports have him working for lockhead martin yet none the msm are reporting that . :200:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:they know he started buying guns we before 6 months ago . what is interesting is some reports have him working for lockhead martin yet none the msm are reporting that . :200:

I don't know what lockhead martin is, or why that is relevant to this story whatsoever.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:they know he started buying guns we before 6 months ago . what is interesting is some reports have him working for lockhead martin yet none the msm are reporting that . :200:

I don't know what lockhead martin is, or why that is relevant to this story whatsoever.

Lockhead Martin (not sure i'm spelling it right) is a major supplier for aviation and the military. In all likelihood if he did in fact work for Lockhead he would likely have access to military information, kind of like Canada's version of controlled goods. It likely would not mean though he had any sort of specialized weapons use training but he could be more familiar than average with certain technologies.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

He never worked for Lockheed Martin, the company was formed in 1995. He worked for a predecessor company of Lockheed Martin from 1985 to 1988.

And just because you work for a company doesn't mean they open the door to all their operations. Having worked for Northrop Grumman the 5th largest military contractor in the world, doesn't mean I got briefed on all the operations.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

gman313 wrote:
Lockhead Martin (not sure i'm spelling it right) is a major supplier for aviation and the military..

Yes I know who Lockheed Martin is. I still don't know what that has to do with this discussion. BTW - they make some really cool stuff.

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I don't really understand our obsession with the WHY he did it, because the bottom line is that he did it. He killed people.

The reason he did it is irrelevant; because there is absolutely NO reason that is a good enough justification for what he did.

Besides which, we'll never know for sure why he did it, because the answer to that question died with him. Any suggestion that is put forward will be pure speculation.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I honestly think his lack of training contributed to far more casualties, he basically sprayed lead into a crowd in a pen and working against a clock also with the hopes to continue his rampage till he's shot dead.
The only real intelligent part was his position, and the fact that his position made it impossible for a sniper to take him out may have been just luck on his part.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jimmy4321 wrote:I honestly think his lack of training contributed to far more casualties, he basically sprayed lead into a crowd in a pen and working against a clock also with the hopes to continue his rampage till he's shot dead.
The only real intelligent part was his position, and the fact that his position made it impossible for a sniper to take him out may have been just luck on his part.

I saw something about him also trying to ignite fuel tanks at the airport?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I saw something about him also trying to ignite fuel tanks at the airport?

Crazy! :200:
http://time.com/4971724/las-vegas-shoot ... n-airport/
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

He shot at jet fuel tanks which are stored 1100 feet from the concert site. Maybe he thought there was the potential for Maximus murderous if they blew.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”