Guantanamo gong show.

Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Guantanamo gong show.

Post by Big ned »

I use Blix as an example because he was anti war. He complained often that Iraq was simply showing them sights to keep them busy and that none of them were of any consequence.... therefore they were just stalling and not being cooperative. He kept saying I need more time..... but how much time? How many more years?

That was my point.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Monty python did a skit on silly walking, I would pay to see one on silly posting.
Y'know one where we point out the truth, and where the responder keeps adhering to nonsense, sort of like alzheimers.
We're lost but we're making good time.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

AlanH wrote:
Big ned wrote:Oh how quickly we forget. It had been years that Iraq was stringing the international community along (much like North Korea and Iran are doing now). The only thing that got Hans Blix in the country was Bush's threat of war. Even then Blix often complained that the facilities he was being shown were obviously not what he needed to see.

You're laughable... You want to quote Hans Blix? Really? You may want to be discrediting Blix if your were arguing for the war being just and legal... Using Blix as an example is probably the worst thing you could possibly use... Then again, you have a memory of the reasons for war that stray completely from actual reality, so maybe in your version Blix was pro war...

Maybe Scott Ritter former U.S. Marine and U.N. Iraq weapons inspector. He has lots to say about Bush and the b.s. we were spoon fed.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

This thread has gotten boring, 5 or 6 reasonable people arguing with 1 possibly 2 blind folks.
These blind folk are terminally blind.
We're lost but we're making good time.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Big ned wrote:Many Iraqis did greet the americans as liberators... about 60% of them. Also, at the time, there was no reason to believe Saddam didn't have WMDs. If you remember, the UN was trying to get in there to inspect and he wouldn't allow it. After 13 resolutions that went ignored, no one knew for sure... enough so to even convince HIllary Clinton and other democrats (40% of them) to vote for the bill that allowed the US to go into Iraq.

No one at the time thought that Saddam was involved with Al quaeda. Members from both sides stated that before the vote was taken.

lol you must worship glenn beck huh?they knew there was no wmd,your beating a drum that is busted.put it down and come into the light .now
GO CANUCKS GO
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

I think you are the one that doesn't remember. No one knew for sure what was going on in Iraq. Why do you think Clinton and the others voted to go into Iraq? 40% of Democrats voted for war when they knew WMD's didn't exist? Give me a break.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

You Lie! Again?
Obama promised soon after taking office -- and many times since -- that he would close the prison, arguing that doing so would be a crucial step in restoring America's image in the world and creating a more effective anti-terror approach.

But eight months after Obama's initial pledge -- and with only four months to go before the January deadline -- a number of difficult issues remain unresolved. They include establishing a new set of rules for military trials, finding a location for a new prison to house detainees and finding host countries for those who can be released.
Not afraid to say "It".
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

logicalview wrote:Image

You Lie! Again?
Obama promised soon after taking office -- and many times since -- that he would close the prison, arguing that doing so would be a crucial step in restoring America's image in the world and creating a more effective anti-terror approach.

But eight months after Obama's initial pledge -- and with only four months to go before the January deadline -- a number of difficult issues remain unresolved. They include establishing a new set of rules for military trials, finding a location for a new prison to house detainees and finding host countries for those who can be released.

So... maybe if you waited until... like uhh.. the deadline to complain?

Then again, you would complain if he closed it too.

Or if he left it open...

Or if he shut only portions of it down...

Or if he were to paint it...

Or if he didn't paint it...

Really, you have shown that no matter what is done, or not done, it is the wrong move, or will be the wrong move, or was the wrong move.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

AlanH wrote: Really, you have shown that no matter what is done, or not done, it is the wrong move, or will be the wrong move, or was the wrong move.

I agree. That's exactly what I would do.

He was the one that made the promise as part of his election campaign.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

AlanH wrote: So... maybe if you waited until... like uhh.. the deadline to complain?

Yup, a year later, the deadline is here.

Of course if Big Bad Bush had missed a compassionate deadline like this the media would be all over him like white on rice.

January 22, 2009

Failure to Close Guantanamo Could Haunt Obama

President Obama's inability to follow through with his pledge to close Guantanamo Bay by January may stand as the most glaring failure of his first year in office. Despite questions about the unresolved fate of health care reform, energy legislation and other initiatives, the Guantanamo closing is a measurable promise, with a deadline, on which the administration has clearly not delivered -- especially considering the detention center will not close this year either, and the White House can't say when it will.

"I don't know when the process will be done," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Thursday.

January 22, 2010

Obama signs order to close Guantanamo Bay facility

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Promising to return America to the "moral high ground" in the war on terrorism, President Obama issued three executive orders Thursday to demonstrate a clean break from the Bush administration, including one requiring that the Guantanamo Bay detention facility be closed within a year.

During a signing ceremony at the White House, Obama reaffirmed his inauguration pledge that the United States does not have "to continue with a false choice between our safety and our ideals."

The president said he was issuing the order to close the facility in order to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism."

Not afraid to say "It".
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Nibs wrote:No, just tired of neddie making up things to suit his arguments.

because he stole your favorite tactic?
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Nibs wrote:Radical fundamentalist Christians got us into this mess, radical fundamentalist muslims are the fruit of their work.

and you accuse others of making stuff up?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Obama Lies Again: US to hold 50 Guantanamo prisoners indefinitely

23 January 2010

US to hold 50 Guantanamo prisoners indefinitely

WSWS - The US Justice Department has determined that nearly 50 of the remaining 196 detainees at the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba are to be held indefinitely, without charges or trial, according to a front-page article published Friday by the Washington Post.

Not afraid to say "It".
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:dyinglaughing: That looks like Gordon Campbell's long lost black brother.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

steven lloyd wrote:

:dyinglaughing: That looks like Gordon Campbell's long lost black brother.

Half black brother.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “World”