Newborn Killers

strwbrrydvl
Guru

Newborn Killers

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Frenchwoman admits to killing 8 babies: report
Last Updated: Thursday, July 29, 2010 | 10:33 AM ET Comments16Recommend39.CBC News
A Frenchwoman has confessed to suffocating eight of her newborns, but said her husband and father of the babies never knew she was pregnant, the BBC is reporting Thursday.

French gendarmes conduct their investigation at the house where some of the bodies of eight newborn children were found in Villers-au-Tertre, northern France, on Wednesday. (Luc Moleux/Reuters)Dominique Cottrez, 47, told prosecutors she had not wanted to be expecting and hid her pregnancies from her husband, the BBC reported.

Prosecutor Eric Vaillain said Thursday the woman faces charges of manslaughter against minors less than 15 years old.

The couple was detained Tuesday after the bodies of eight babies were discovered on two different properties in Villers-au-Tertre, near the city of Lille in northern France.

Police on Wednesday sealed the doors, gate and windows of one of the houses where the remains of some of the babies were discovered.

The remains of two bodies were found wrapped in plastic bags at a house formerly owned by the couple. The other six bodies were found wrapped in closed plastic bags and hidden under objects in the garage of their current home, according to the BBC report.

Not the first case
France has seen a string of cases in recent years of mothers killing their newborns and saving and hiding the corpses.

In one case, Céline Lesage was sentenced in March to 15 years in prison after acknowledging in court that she killed six of her newborns, whose corpses were found in plastic bags in her basement in northwest France.

Another Frenchwoman, Véronique Courjault, was convicted last year of murdering three of her newborn children. Her husband discovered two of the corpses in a freezer while the two were living in South Korea. During the trial psychiatrists testified that she suffered from a psychological condition known as "pregnancy denial."

Germany also has seen similar cases.

In one, a woman was convicted of manslaughter in 2006 and sentenced to the maximum 15 years in prison for killing eight of her newborn babies and burying them in flower pots and a fish tank in the garden of her parents' home near the German-Polish border.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/07/2 ... z0v5FMrY26

Three things that could prevent these deaths:

1) Use some freaking birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

2) If you don't want to be pregnant then have an abortion.

3) Put the baby up for adoption if your going to follow through with an unwanted pregnancy.

Very disturbing the number of newborns these women have killed. And they have all been saved in plastic bags rotting somewhere, the first baby of the eight to be killed would probably been ten years ago. Sickening.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Newborn Killers

Post by grammafreddy »

Wonder if they are Catholic .........

Hey, it's a reasonable thought ......... don't slam me for it. It would explain why no abortion and no birth control.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

grammafreddy wrote:Wonder if they are Catholic .........

Hey, it's a reasonable thought ......... don't slam me for it. It would explain why no abortion and no birth control.

Actually, I was wondering the same thing...

But why not just adopt them out? Hmmm..
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

I don't get it though. If it's not okay to be on birth control or have abortions how do they rationalize murder? My understanding is that the reason birth control and abortions are frowned upon is because they equate it to murder. Isn't that the gist of it? So how can murder after the fact be any less of a crime in their eyes?
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

eMeM wrote:I don't get it though. If it's not okay to be on birth control or have abortions how do they rationalize murder? My understanding is that the reason birth control and abortions are frowned upon is because they equate it to murder. Isn't that the gist of it? So how can murder after the fact be any less of a crime in their eyes?

Maybe a confession can forgive the murder of a newborn baby but cannot forgive the 'killing' a lump of cells?
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

I had typed out a long reply and then it struck me:
We can't make sense of it. To us, it makes perfect sense to just take the pill, use a rubber or have an abortion (I'm not saying abortion is the answer, so don't jump on me here - okay?) but we're talking about women who are quite obviously mental. There is no way a reasonable, rational person can justify killing a newborn, never mind several of them. These women are crazy and should be thrown in a rubber room for the rest of their lives. Short of that, have them sterilized and send them on their way.
God, this is just sick.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

eMeM wrote:There is no way a reasonable, rational person can justify killing a newborn, never mind several of them. These women are crazy and should be thrown in a rubber room for the rest of their lives. Short of that, have them sterilized and send them on their way.

:rate10:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This is for the men out there who are married, got their wives pregnant and are now raising children.

Did you KNOW your wife was pregnant? At what point was it obvious?

And now for the real question:

How can that man claim he did not know his wife was pregnant EIGHT different times to almost full term?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Queen K wrote:This is for the men out there who are married, got their wives pregnant and are now raising children.

Did you KNOW your wife was pregnant? At what point was it obvious?

And now for the real question:

How can that man claim he did not know his wife was pregnant EIGHT different times to almost full term?

He's crazy too.
Chill
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

she's got 2 daughters and grandchildren. Story totally creeped me out
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Maybe both belonged to a cult that believes killing newborn will bring them eternal youth. :hailjo:
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

grammafreddy wrote:Wonder if they are Catholic .........

Why would that matter, maybe there just stupid.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

rookie314 wrote:Why would that matter, maybe there just stupid.

Obviously this woman & others were not using birth control or aborting the unwanted pregnancies - those are things shunned by the Catholic church. I wouldn`t classify murdering newborn babies as something that is done by a `just stupid` person, it is far more severe than that. A religulous person following through with an unwanted pregnancy makes sense to some degree..
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

the illuminati ask for babies to be killed :hailjo:
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
i_eat_dalmations

Post by i_eat_dalmations »

abortion... is that not the same thing as killing?

Return to “World”