Suing McDonald's

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Suing McDonald's

Post by steven lloyd »

kompili wrote:She was conditioned as a young child with the help of adds by places like McDonald's to be what she is today.

:137: What's your excuse ?
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

They brainwashed her, now they are working on the next generation.

We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

kompili wrote:They brainwashed her, now they are working on the next generation.

Yup, let's blame that one on the clown :127:
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Captain Awesome wrote:
juliebeth wrote:You may think that you ignore advertising but you don't. You can't.

Well, what kind of brainwashing it is that is being performed and most people don't act upon it? After all, only minority of population goes to Macdonald's yet everybody is exposed to their ads. I guess people do have a way of ignoring their ads.

It is the leading global food service organization; more than 30,000 restaurants serve nearly 50 million people in the United States each day
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

You kill me kompili. You guys go on and on about dark conspiracies and government control over the masses, yet rally for more government control over people who won’t make the decision to take responsibility for their own lives. Are you not able to recognize the obvious ridiculousness of this contradiction?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

kompili wrote:
    Captain Awesome wrote:
    juliebeth wrote:You may think that you ignore advertising but you don't. You can't.

Well, what kind of brainwashing it is that is being performed and most people don't act upon it? After all, only minority of population goes to Macdonald's yet everybody is exposed to their ads. I guess people do have a way of ignoring their ads.

It is the leading global food service organization; more than 30,000 restaurants serve nearly 50 million people in the United States each day
According to what I'm seeing, using various sources, McDonald's serves that many people in THE WORLD each day - not just in the US. From McDonald's own website:

6. How many customers does McDonald's serve every day around the world?
Every day McDonald's serves more than 47 million customers around the world.

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/aboutus/faq.aspx

Maybe you've been brainwashed about McDonald's.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

steven lloyd wrote:You kill me kompili. You guys go on and on about dark conspiracies and government control over the masses, yet rally for more government control over people who won’t make the decision to take responsibility for their own lives. Are you not able to recognize the obvious ridiculousness of this contradiction?
Well said Steven.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

kompili wrote:She was conditioned as a young child with the help of adds by places like McDonald's to be what she is today. See the McDonald fries on the table.

So, if brainwashing worked on her so well, how come it didn't work on other 90% of people who are not 800lbs. currently?

The fail ratio is through the roof. If I was the master brainwasher, I'd be fired right now.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

steven lloyd wrote:You kill me kompili. You guys go on and on about dark conspiracies and government control over the masses, yet rally for more government control over people who won’t make the decision to take responsibility for their own lives. Are you not able to recognize the obvious ridiculousness of this contradiction?

Government should be there for the people, to do what the people want. If the people want no advertisement on T.V. geared toward children that is what it should be. Will they do it, no, because they are in bed with the big corporations. This is not control, it is helping the most vulnerable of our society, the children. Now, taking away other freedoms that have nothing to do with helping people geared toward control is another story. It is too bad you can not see the difference.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

kompili wrote: It is too bad you can not see the difference.

So what you are saying is that the government is responsible for raising our children - and parents, communities and our education system should be absolved of all such responsibility. It is really too bad you cannot see what you are saying.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

That is not what I am saying. I am saying parents and the communities are taking a stand against a huge corporation. They want advertisement geared toward children to be banned. This is not a government decision, it is a parents decision taking responsibility for their children. The government right now is standing behind the big corporation. We have to put the pressure on them to change their mind, and protect our children from such brainwashing that are harming them. It is the same way that a lot of people pressured the government to change the laws on drinking and driving. The government didn't think of it themselves, they were forced to do it my concerned citizens.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Well explained! To stand up to demand the Government (which we pay to exist, and should be working for us) to do what's right, doesn't mean the same as to stand for anarchy, these are two totally different things.

kompili wrote:That is not what I am saying. I am saying parents and the communities are taking a stand against a huge corporation. They want advertisement geared toward children to be banned. This is not a government decision, it is a parents decision taking responsibility for their children. The government right now is standing behind the big corporation. We have to put the pressure on them to change their mind, and protect our children from such brainwashing that are harming them. It is the same way that a lot of people pressured the government to change the laws on drinking and driving. The government didn't think of it themselves, they were forced to do it my concerned citizens.
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

While you good folks are at it, is there anything else you'd like government to assume responsibility for? Why not make it a LAW that parents must lay their infants a certain way so they won't die of crib death? Or dictate what laundry soap moms have to use on their children's laundry? Perhaps government should just remove all children from their parents and bring them up for them, then give them back when the little buggers can think for themselves?

Maybe some other advertising bans for other products targeting children? How about the Puff's ad with the little girl who wants the tissues with lotion for her poor nose? Maybe the Charmin ad with the young bear in the woods? Or perhaps the ad that asks. "It's 10:00 - do you know where your parents are?" Or the laundry ad with the teenage boy who runs home to do his laundry in a certain softener so the girls will like him better?

This whole thing is so ridiculous ... can't you folks just say "no", mean it, and carry on? After all, they ARE your kids - why can't YOU be responsible for raising them?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Can you see the dollar bill hidden in the lettuce. Subliminal message. It is everywhere and you don't even know it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

kompili wrote:Image

Can you see the dollar bill hidden in the lettuce. Subliminal message. It is everywhere and you don't even know it.

Subliminal message? Oh boy!! Dollar bill? Oh boy! Gotta stretch and reach far for that one! Can't blame McD's, IHOP, Denny's for wanting to attract customers.

I simply cannot see asking the 'government' to make more laws to control idiot's choices of food that is going to eventually kill 'em off. Let them go for it. Darwin rules!! We need fewer laws.
Chill

Return to “World”