Congess woman shot in Arizona

Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Re: Congess woman shot in Arizona

Post by Homeownertoo »

David Brooks (New York Times, PBS Newshour and other rabidly rightwing news organizations) got is precisely right in his description of the disgusting charges coming from the mainstream Left in the wake of the Arizona shootings:

"They were vicious charges made by people who claimed to be criticizing viciousness."

Indeed, as Brooks documents (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/opinion/11brooks.html?_r=3&hp), the Left assiduously sought to suppress the plethora of evidence that this was the act of a mentally deranged individual with no ties to any conservative organization or philosophy (his bookshelf leans, if anything, the other way). "The coverage and commentary shifted to an entirely different explanation: Loughner unleashed his rampage because he was incited by the violent rhetoric of the Tea Party, the anti-immigrant movement and Sarah Palin. ... We have a news media with a strong distaste for Sarah Palin and the Tea Party movement, and this seemed like a golden opportunity to tarnish them. ... the political opportunism occasioned by this tragedy has ranged from the completely irrelevant to the shamelessly irresponsible."

Gee, he could be speaking for some of the trolls on this forum.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I just laugh at how the brainwashed on this forum want to live in this black and white world where only extreme right-wing media and politicians are the ones goading people in to violence. Here's some examples of what the Left has been up to in the media etc:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?

Here's an ad from the guy that won the race for Governor in West Virginia (he's a democrat):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIJORBRpOPM

Have to say - if more Democrats were like this guy and less like the vile Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer, I'd be much more inclined to be a Democrat supporter!

And then there was Jon Stewart, who usually boils things down and comes in between both the loony left and far right with his analysis of situations:

I do think that its important for us to watch our rhetoric, I do think that its a worthwhile goal not to conflate our political opponents with our enemies if for no other reason than to draw a better distinction between the manifestos of paranoid mad men and what passes for acceptable political and pundit speak. It would be really nice if the ramblings of crazy people didn’t in any way resemble how we actually talk to each other on TV. Let’s at least make troubled individuals easier to spot.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart- ... g-tragedy/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

and who goes around shooting abortion docs? who started last 2 wars in iraq an afgan? add up them dead compared to what the dems have done in same time period
GO CANUCKS GO
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

Homeownertoo wrote:David Brooks (New York Times, PBS Newshour and other rabidly rightwing news organizations) got is precisely right in his description of the disgusting charges coming from the mainstream Left in the wake of the Arizona shootings:

"They were vicious charges made by people who claimed to be criticizing viciousness."

Indeed, as Brooks documents (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/11/opinion/11brooks.html?_r=3&hp), the Left assiduously sought to suppress the plethora of evidence that this was the act of a mentally deranged individual with no ties to any conservative organization or philosophy (his bookshelf leans, if anything, the other way). "The coverage and commentary shifted to an entirely different explanation: Loughner unleashed his rampage because he was incited by the violent rhetoric of the Tea Party, the anti-immigrant movement and Sarah Palin. ... We have a news media with a strong distaste for Sarah Palin and the Tea Party movement, and this seemed like a golden opportunity to tarnish them. ... the political opportunism occasioned by this tragedy has ranged from the completely irrelevant to the shamelessly irresponsible."

Gee, he could be speaking for some of the trolls on this forum.

how many palistinians you like to put in your cross hairs?
GO CANUCKS GO
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Glacier wrote:
kompili wrote:She does promote violence, and that brings out the nuts every time.

How so? As in, how so any more than the stuff your or I post on this forum? Or the stuff any other political party does?

Politics: derived from the word ‘poly’ meaning ‘many’, and the word ‘ticks’. Hence the definition, ‘blood sucking parasites’.

If you or I post things about violence there is no way to know if we might be influencing someones train of thought. The same with political parties. I think she was wrong in doing this with all the nuts out there just like I would think it was wrong no matter who done it, from Iran's or China's leader to Obama and Harper, and everyone in between. I think she makes some very bad choices to make herself look tough.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

3 years ago the shooter tryed to ask some questions to the Congresswoman that was shot.

She was speaking Spanish at a question and answer event and ignored his rants. The shooter didnt like that too much.

The congresswoman was one of the few people to try and oppose the whole "If you see a brown, shake 'em down" policy that was being debated about being passed in Arizona. The shooter is crazy sure, but so is Glenn Beck. The fact is this guy was against this Congresswoman because of her stance on things, and had gun ownership rights, small government, anti immigration and all the rest of the dogma on his side to help him along on his fall to crazy.

The worst domestic terrorist attack in America was carried out by a right wing fanatic named Timothy McVey.

Saying "there is crazies on both sides of the fence" rings true. However, the right's side of the fence hold ALOT more crazies and people willing to commit violent acts for their political beliefs.

Nobody showed up armed to Obama rallies. Lots of people showed up armed to Tea Party events, or "Obamacare is the devil" town hall meetings. Tea Partiers even kicked democratic protesters when they were down, literally.

After Columbine, which "group" showed up to support people owning automatic assault rifles? Nobody is taking your guns away, not even from your cold DEAD hands, even with 12 children dead on the floor.

Right wing abortion assassins and bombings. The guy that shot Larry Flynt. The group that killed JFK (whomever they were). Assassination of Martin Luther King. Robert Kennedy. Malcolm X. Bomb threats to Ryan Whites school. The whole racism attitude in most southern states, lynch mobs, hangings, church burnings. Gay bashing (is there redneck bashing by roaming groups of metrosexual sharply dressed males?) Every Militia and Doomsday group in America is right wing, you know the people stockpiling assault rifles and planting mines and barbed wire on their rural properties? The list is long.

The left are constantly mocked as "limp wristed" by the right, so somebody needs to make up their minds.

Yes the left has crazies too. This last ditch attempt to point the finger across the aisle for equal blame is almost comical though. Its like the Nazis pointing out that sometimes Axis troops side-stepped the rules of engagement. There are crazies everywhere - but come on!

My favorite quote of the day :

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.''
- Ann Coulter

Homeland security on Right Wing Terrorism.

http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf
Last edited by Bagotricks on Jan 13th, 2011, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

removed personal attack - Jennylives
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

I'm glad there's some talk about lowering political vitriol & rhetoric; but it's asinine to assume this insane individual was pushed to do what he did because of it.

As for right vs. left nutjobs; I maintain there's more (and more violence) on the right, but that's nothing to do with this shooting incident that took 6 lives.

And I hate nuts no matter which side of the fence they sit on.

Your bias suits you.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

kompili wrote:Here you go The Green Barbarian, here is someone on your side. It is a comedy, but worth watching.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/1 ... ords-.html

uhh...I posted this link a few posts ago - it's on the same page even....facepalm...
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
kompili wrote:Here you go The Green Barbarian, here is someone on your side. It is a comedy, but worth watching.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/1 ... ords-.html

uhh...I posted this link a few posts ago - it's on the same page even....facepalm...

Sorry, I missed it. Too much to read.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Bagotricks wrote:Right wing abortion assassins and bombings. The guy that shot Larry Flynt. The group that killed JFK (whomever they were). Assassination of Martin Luther King. Robert Kennedy. Malcolm X. Bomb threats to Ryan Whites school. The whole racism attitude in most southern states, lynch mobs, hangings, church burnings. Gay bashing (is there redneck bashing by roaming groups of metrosexual sharply dressed males?) Every Militia and Doomsday group in America is right wing, you know the people stockpiling assault rifles and planting mines and barbed wire on their rural properties? The list is long.

I wonder who was beneath the white sheets. Some crazy left communist.

Return to “World”