Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony

KelownaGirl2007

Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony

Post by KelownaGirl2007 »

Please have a look at this facebook page. Yet another life snuffed out and ignored by the justice system.
Triple 6

Re: Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony

Post by Triple 6 »

KelownaGirl2007 wrote:Please have a look at this facebook page. Yet another life snuffed out and ignored by the justice system.

How so? The justice system didn't fail this little girl, her family did.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
KelownaGirl2007

Triple 6 wrote:
KelownaGirl2007 wrote:Please have a look at this facebook page. Yet another life snuffed out and ignored by the justice system.

How so? The justice system didn't fail this little girl, her family did.

You're right, her family did fail her. The justice system let her mother off even though she tampered with evidence, gave false statements, and tried to accuse her father of abuse. Maybe her mother didnt kill her, but she had a hand in it.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I have been following this for 3 years and was shell shocked at the verdict today.
I will leave my light on.
KelownaGirl2007

Puffy wrote:I have been following this for 3 years and was shell shocked at the verdict today.
I will leave my light on.

I was too...and thank you! :)
harvgar
Board Meister

Post by harvgar »

Having family in Florida who were close to the situation, they are as "dumb-founded" and dismayed over the verdict. When will a childs life and their rights mean more than lies and manipulations? Go figure. Talk about the ultimate child abuse.....
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I didn't follow it that closely but what I heard I suspected the mother was guilty. The Jury heard all the evidence and decided she was innocent or not enough evidence to convict, so I would have to believe them. Either that or the Prosecution bungled it.
We may never know the truth.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

The prosecution bungled this case right from the beginning by asking for the death penalty without even having a cause of and time of death . How can you possibly ask for capital punishment without knowing those two things ?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
themisfitts

Post by themisfitts »

for little caylee marie anthony I will leave my porch light on for her tonight. Rest in peace little angel .
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Sheesh, you guys ... the media and the former prosecutor/TV celebrity have played you all like a fiddle.

The media sensationalized it - it sold papers, improved their ratings and grabbed the viewers' attention. Nancy Grace, the former prosecutor with a prime-time show who has been covering the case extensively since Casey Anthony’s 2-year-old daughter was first reported missing in 2008, was on a witch hunt solely to make herself and her show look good.

The jurors were not exposed to anything about this case outside of the courtroom. They didn't see the 24 hour news channels bring in countless "experts" on pretty much everything to argue over minute details - none of it based on the facts from the courtroom. The jury members were brought in from outside this area and were kept sequestered throughout the whole trial. The media tried and convicted her and obviously you did, too - based on this sensationalism and not on the facts the jury heard presented in the courtroom.

How could the jury convict her of a homicide when the coroner couldn't determine the cause of death - couldn't even say whether or not a homicide had occurred and couldn't establish the cause of death amongst other things? The law says "innocent until proven guilty" and the prosecutors didn't do that - according to the jury. They had evidence but couldn't link it definitively and absolutely to Casey and her killing her daughter.

If you want to fling any blame (because you had already decided she should be put to death for this), then I guess you need to hurl your blame in the direction of the prosecutors who failed to provide the evidence needed to accomplish the penalty they had asked the court for.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

You don't need solid proof to convict, though... :137:

Anyway, whatever. I'm not trying to make light of the little girl's death, but damn - this kind of thing happens all the time; it's annoying how if it's an attractive white girl it automatically attracts all this attention...

Oh, and:

Your bias suits you.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

GF...you don't know I got my info from and what I watched or read.
No one played me like a fiddle.
Having lived in Florida, the case interested me from the start, and have followed it.
There was more than murder 1 she could have got...basically...she got nothing.
Just shocked, and saddend.
brokun_windoz
Fledgling

Post by brokun_windoz »

Casey Anthony got away with the murder of little Caylee, and now will become a millionaire because of it.
"Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional"--Unknown
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Puffy wrote:GF...you don't know I got my info from and what I watched or read.
No one played me like a fiddle.
Having lived in Florida, the case interested me from the start, and have followed it.
There was more than murder 1 she could have got...basically...she got nothing.
Just shocked, and saddend.

Unless you were sitting in that courtroom on that jury, you didn't get the exact same information or see the exact evidence (or lack of it) those jurors did.

If whoever you got your "she's guilty beyond a shadow of doubt" information from did not provide it to the courts, then I suppose one must question why didn't they? Maybe your "sources" should be on trial for withholding evidence.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

It's funny now watching all the 'expert' talking heads on TV back tracking like crazy. For three years they were so sure she would be found guilty and now they have to turn 180 degrees and try to explain it. Hilarious.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “World”