An amazing website that will CHANGE the world: freerice.com

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: An amazing website that will CHANGE the world: freerice.

Post by Thinktank »

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Actually, I agree with GF on the part about giving the rice to the children without having to play a game. Can you imagine slowly starving to death and knowing there's an organization that has food waiting for you, but they won't do so until enough people play a game on their computer? Toying with children's lives shouldn't be a game when the option is there to feed them regardless.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

zzontar wrote:Actually, I agree with GF on the part about giving the rice to the children without having to play a game. Can you imagine slowly starving to death and knowing there's an organization that has food waiting for you, but they won't do so until enough people play a game on their computer? Toying with children's lives shouldn't be a game when the option is there to feed them regardless.

The rice is paid for by the sponsors whose names you see on the bottom of your screen when you enter a correct answer. These sponsors support both learning (free education for everyone) and reducing hunger (free rice for the hungry). We thank these sponsors for their generous participation at Freerice. For information about how you or your company can sponsor Freerice, please email [email protected]..
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

There are sure some cold hearted people here, take alook at thinktanks link, you may have a better understanding of how things really work. You negative people are always trying to shift the blame on anything but yourselves, and it just shows me that you really could not care less about dying children. I really wish you people could walk in their shoes even for a week. You negative people are pathetic.
Soooooo much effort just to play alittle game to help out.....PATHETIC
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Maybe those poor starving people should spend their days and nights playing that silly game so they can eat - hahahaa

zzontar wrote:Actually, I agree with GF on the part about giving the rice to the children without having to play a game. Can you imagine slowly starving to death and knowing there's an organization that has food waiting for you, but they won't do so until enough people play a game on their computer? Toying with children's lives shouldn't be a game when the option is there to feed them regardless.

Thank you, zzontar ... at least one person sees it the way I do.

WhatThe wrote:The rice is paid for by the sponsors whose names you see on the bottom of your screen when you enter a correct answer. These sponsors support both learning (free education for everyone) and reducing hunger (free rice for the hungry). We thank these sponsors for their generous participation at Freerice. For information about how you or your company can sponsor Freerice, please email [email protected]..

Maybe those sponsoring companies should be boycotted if they won't give FreeRice the rice until people play the stupid game. Or maybe playing the game has nothing to do with rice and starving people, eh?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i love going to Freerice and playing. haven't been there for awhile, it was too nice outside, but last winter i brushed up on my Spanish and got pretty good at naming the artists of paintings.
i also 'click' to feed hungry people, pets and vets, give mamograms, free books, help for autism, and save the rainforest at The Hunger Site. i also click to feed a big cat that has been rescued.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

razzledazzle wrote:There are sure some cold hearted people here, take alook at thinktanks link, you may have a better understanding of how things really work. You negative people are always trying to shift the blame on anything but yourselves, and it just shows me that you really could not care less about dying children. I really wish you people could walk in their shoes even for a week. You negative people are pathetic.
Soooooo much effort just to play alittle game to help out.....PATHETIC

Seriously now, Raz ... I looked at thinktank's link and I found there exactly what I expected to find there ... corrupt governments who don't give a flying chicken in hell about their own people. So play your game and pretend you are helping - but expect only about 25% of what good you think are doing is actually reaching those people you think you are helping. The other 75% is being shanghaied by their corrupt governments and they keep it for themselves or they use it as leverage to make people comply with their demands.

There are people and children who need help in our own country - but if you think keeping my help here is cold hearted then I really don't care. I don't donate to any organization. When I "help", I do it directly with the person or family I am helping. I know they get what they need, when they need it, to the best of my ability and finances.

I also know that mega charitable organizations such as this one has a large overhead and wastes a lot of money paying their top people millions of donated dollars which is money that does not go to the people in need - it just lines some lying phony's pocket.

Donating to religious organizations is also against my own personal moral code - when their "help" is connected to preaching and conversion and when only those who accept the "word" and become brainwashed get the food or other help, then I have issues with the true intention of the helpers. Their help comes with conditions and mine comes with none. Nobody has to convert to my way of thinking before I will drive them to the grocery store or medical appointment or pick up their prescriptions or bake them a casserole or can some jam for them or give them a winter coat or a bag of zucchini and tomatoes from my garden.

I have been helping people less fortunate than I am for nearly half a century but if anyone wants to think I am cold hearted, have a fun time doing so. My happiness does not depend on your twisted opinion of me and my way of helping. I spend my time trying to make my neighbourhood and my community a better place, and not feeding the corrupt organizations, religions and governments of the world who skim off the top of my "good deeds".
__________________________________________________________________________________________

zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

WhatThe wrote:

The rice is paid for by the sponsors whose names you see on the bottom of your screen when you enter a correct answer. These sponsors support both learning (free education for everyone) and reducing hunger (free rice for the hungry). We thank these sponsors for their generous participation at Freerice. For information about how you or your company can sponsor Freerice, please email [email protected]..

I guess that's better than no one donating any rice. There have also been many celebrities who have been considered heroes for raising millions of dollars to find the cure to the disease which they have, but they had no interest in raising a dime until they were stricken with said disease. I guess if I was stalled out in the middle of nowhere and someone said they'd give me a boost if I read their company brochure first then it would also be better than not getting a boost... it just seems the whole idea of a good deed is changing.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: An Amazing Website that will CHANGE the World, freerice.

Post by fvkasm2x »

WhatThe wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:If they are not asking for money, and if by just playing the game they will donate rice, tell me why they don't just do away with the "play the game" crap and just outright give those people the damn rice.

Because it's sponsor driven, ad supported, it would have taken you ten seconds to figure that out.

I think it was a great question, honestly. When I read her initial post, I thought "Ya, if they have the rice already they should just give it away." Not sure why she was so negative in asking it though.

However, your answer makes a ton of sense and probably helps them get even MORE rice than they initially could. Thanks for the answer WhatThe
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Internet pleebs will play a game like this http://www.addictinggames.com/arcade-games/kittencannon.jsp for hours for no reason. Now they can play a game, try for a high score and help donate rice to starving kids its a brilliant promotion how anyone can have anything bad to say about it is just mind blowing...
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
big-d2C
Fledgling

Post by big-d2C »

they only thing iv got to say is its a good idea but it should be taking care of those at home first then when poverty is rid of here then start helping other countries
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Oxl3y wrote:Internet pleebs will play a game like this http://www.addictinggames.com/arcade-games/kittencannon.jsp for hours for no reason. Now they can play a game, try for a high score and help donate rice to starving kids its a brilliant promotion how anyone can have anything bad to say about it is just mind blowing...

I'm really dense, I guess. How does playing this game help donate rice? If nobody plays, is there no rice?

Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

grammafreddy wrote:
Oxl3y wrote:Internet pleebs will play a game like this http://www.addictinggames.com/arcade-games/kittencannon.jsp for hours for no reason. Now they can play a game, try for a high score and help donate rice to starving kids its a brilliant promotion how anyone can have anything bad to say about it is just mind blowing...

I'm really dense, I guess. How does playing this game help donate rice? If nobody plays, is there no rice?

Your point is moot...the creator of this site did it out of the goodness of his heart so I am sure that if it didn't work he would have found another way. The fact is it does, and is working, lots of people will play this game because people like to play free internet games throw in the incentive of actually helping a real person and people will play the crap out of this game. So stop being so cynical, play the game for a while and donate some freaking rice GF.

If they were to make this a smart phone app, or something similar to farmville where you could manage virtual rice fields and your harvest was donated I think they would do even better. Also people are impatient so if it was an app and had purchasables
to level you up faster for like .99$ or more, people would be purchasing those too so it could be an effective way to get donations.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

big-d2C wrote:they only thing iv got to say is its a good idea but it should be taking care of those at home first then when poverty is rid of here then start helping other countries

The worst poverty here is living like a king in africa. Perhaps a bit of hyperbole but its not far off.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

big-d2C wrote:they only thing iv got to say is its a good idea but it should be taking care of those at home first then when poverty is rid of here then start helping other countries

Yep, it sure is sexy to send grains of chinese rice to africa by playing definition on random internet site.

An hour at the food bank or donating a few grains to a local family before Christmas just doesn't make you a hero.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “World”