Toddler, run over twice and ignored

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Toddler, run over twice and ignored

Post by Fancy »

Why are we lashing out at these 18 people who walked by, when we too are the same?
No, we are not. Lots of news stories where strangers help others - even when a house or vehicle is on fire.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mammamoon
Fledgling

Post by mammamoon »

Im not saying that any of you personally wouldn't stop to help this child, and myself included. MY point was actually that little do we realize that as we live in the lap of luxury here in Canada, there are thousands of children dying everyday because of wars, genocide, famine, human ignorence and all kinds of sick and twisted things that we can imagine. This incident in CHINA is a small micro-reflection of an entire human society that is callous and depraved.
Headliner

Post by Headliner »

I honestly don't even really know what to say to that really. I can't believe I watched this video, as someone mentioned before I wish I hadn't. This is absolutely disgusting and has absolutely no excuses for falling under the category of barbaric. This is like a flash back of medevial times.

I don't care if its a girl, boy, inbred, half-man half-dog. Whatever the heck it is, it's still a small child that just got CRUSHED by two vehicles and nobody does anything about it. It's *bleep* like this that makes me glad I live in such an amazing country. I thought I would share one more video with you guys.

WARNING THIS VIDEO IS VERY VERY DISTURBING, A SMALL WHITE CHILD IS CIRCLED BY A GROUP OF CHINESE MEN AND WOMEN AS TWO OF THE MEN BEAT, STOMP AND HURT THE KID WHILE EVERYONE STANDS BY AND WATCHES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vCW-D-24U
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Unless one lives under a rock, I would think posters here understand what goes on in other parts of the world. The way you worded your response it appeared you were lumping our society as being that callous as well.
mammamoon wrote:Im not saying that any of you personally wouldn't stop to help this child, and myself included. MY point was actually that little do we realize that as we live in the lap of luxury here in Canada, there are thousands of children dying everyday because of wars, genocide, famine, human ignorence and all kinds of sick and twisted things that we can imagine. This incident in CHINA is a small micro-reflection of an entire human society that is callous and depraved.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So the driver was on their cell.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Headliner wrote:
WARNING THIS VIDEO IS VERY VERY DISTURBING, A SMALL WHITE CHILD IS CIRCLED BY A GROUP OF CHINESE MEN AND WOMEN AS TWO OF THE MEN BEAT, STOMP AND HURT THE KID WHILE EVERYONE STANDS BY AND WATCHES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vCW-D-24U

Wow. Maybe we should just keep letting these people immigrate into our country bringing their sickening attitudes and behaviors with them. No wonder Vancouver is getting so bad.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

To Snoman
As horrible as this situation is ( I didn't want to watch the video ) your attitude, in my opinion, is most disturbing. You actually think that 1.3 billion people would actually behave the same way. Stereotyping is the biggest problem in this world. There have been plenty of similar reports over the years from different countries, even in Canada. Give your head a shake.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

JOF585 wrote:To Snoman
As horrible as this situation is ( I didn't want to watch the video ) your attitude, in my opinion, is most disturbing. You actually think that 1.3 billion people would actually behave the same way. Stereotyping is the biggest problem in this world. There have been plenty of similar reports over the years from different countries, even in Canada. Give your head a shake.

Find me any Canadian or US example of crowds of people ignoring (and repeatedly driving over) the broken, bleeding body of a young child, or a crowd of adults beating up an 8 year old child. Any. Any at all.

You won't - because things like that don't happen in a civilized society.

It does seem to happen in China. That is really disturbing. And i'm sorry if my pointing it out bothers you.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

@headliner.. This is an horrible video.. Horrible to watch

If I don't mistake, it looks like his hand gets broken.

Sick sick society.

Sorry, but I felt like killing people when watching these videos.

A rage feeling inside.. how can people just watch and do nothing???
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

To Snoman
It was not long ago that black people in the U.S. were being lynched because of the color of their skin. People watching doing nothing.
You know the new law about paying for your gas first, at all gas station in B.C. Why ? A young gas station employee being dragged under a car for kilometers while the people driving the car kept going with no care in the world.
The list goes on and on.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maththetraveller wrote:@headliner.. This is an horrible video.. Horrible to watch

If I don't mistake, it looks like his hand gets broken.

Sick sick society.

Sorry, but I felt like killing people when watching these videos.

A rage feeling inside.. how can people just watch and do nothing???

I won't watch the videos - people can be very cruel. Just look at dog/cock/bull fighting. There are some things that people do that should be vilified but the majority of decent civilized people in our society will not condone cruelty. That's why it's called a civilized society.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It was not long ago that black people in the U.S. were being lynched because of the color of their skin. People watching doing nothing.
You know the new law about paying for your gas first, at all gas station in B.C. Why ? A young gas station employee being dragged under a car for kilometers while the people driving the car kept going with no care in the world.
The list goes on and on.

That's the minority.
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

To Fancy
I know it's the minority. My point exactly. You cannot assume that 1.3 billion people would behave the same way that those people did on the video ( I didn't want watch the video ... but by what people were talking about ).
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

That was over a hundred years ago. Just about every other country in the world has come a long way since then. We're talking 2011 not 1800's here.

Indeed that was a terrible thing, but you're referring to an incident perpetrated by a group of degenerates not those of everyday people. It further pales in comparison to the kinds of human rights violations China continues to be responsible for. Just think - much of what goes on in China is kept from the rest of the world, so one can just imagine if in just the last couple of days such horrible things happening there have been made public, how many other reprehensible things are happening that we don't see.

What makes it so much worse is that it's not just single individuals doing these horrendous things - it's groups of them - their very society/culture. It's repugnant.
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

To Snoman
The lynching went on from 1882 to 1968.
The world is cruel. Not just in China.

Return to “World”