Hate crime epidemic

fvkasm2x
Guru

Hate crime epidemic

Post by fvkasm2x »

Why is everything a hate crime?

Well, everything but ethnic minorities beating up white people.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/23/justice/a ... ?hpt=hp_t1

In this latest "hate crime" the perps shaved off a Jewish man's beard (among other things). The perps forced the men to sleep in chicken coops and physically beat them.

That's torture. Assault. Etc...

But why must it be labeled a hate crime?
unclemarty
Board Meister

Re: Hate crime epidemic

Post by unclemarty »

fvkasm2x wrote:In this latest "hate crime" the perps shaved off a Jewish man's beard (among other things). The perps forced the men to sleep in chicken coops and physically beat them.

Amish

"the defendants forcibly restrained multiple Amish men and cut off their beards and head hair with scissors and battery-powered clippers, causing bodily injury to these men while also injuring others who attempted to stop the attacks," the Justice Department said. "In the Amish religion, a man's beard and head hair are sacred."

fvkasm2x wrote:But why must it be labeled a hate crime?

I think they classified it as a hate crime because the motivating factor seems to be based on petty religious differences - not sure. If it had been a Jew, Sihk, Muslim, santa, getting his beard plucked by this rogue Amish mob i could see the hate crime thing but within one's own religious community? ... domestic violence maybe?

Why not just assault & battery? - don't know.
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Ah, yes ... Mr Mullet is in the news again, I see. Not the first time, either.

All religions are cults, IMO, so that makes him the leader of a cult.

Am not sure why this was labeled a "hate crime" but perhaps it is because it fits under that law mentioned in the article. The men he and his "family" attacked were men from families that had disagreed with his cult and had left his commune which they had been members of.

This was "pay back" and a "power struggle". Mullet's own family runs the cult and the commune.

Gotta love religions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Marty,

Yes my apologies. Not sure why I wrote Jewish, I know they aren't very close at all. Thanks.

As for the topic, yes I found it strange that the victims and the offenders were both of the same religion. Different sects perhaps, even one being a cult allegedly, but still... I don't know why this is a hate crime.

Related,

Do you think that if a Protestant were to assault a Roman Catholic, would that be a hate crime?

Return to “World”