NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: NRA Lobbying causes US shootings

Post by grammafreddy »

Gee, I use them to shoot insulators on old posts, beer cans off fence rails, etc. I'm a pretty good shot, too :D

How come some people just can't be happy unless they are telling other people how to live - and for some ungawdly reason think their way is the only way?

If you want guns, have a bleedin' gun! If you don't, then quite simply, don't.

Bloody curtain-twitchin' busybodies!!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

With that belief, grandma, you should have no problem if your neighbours have one Ak47 each, 10 Ak47s each, bazookas or mobile artillery.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I have guns, I'm not saying don't have guns. We target shoot too, there is nothing wrong with that. What I don't want is high capacity weapons with no practical use in my community and I don't want the wingnut down the street having "the right" to carry a handgun in her purse. We have a good, happy medium in our country right now and I'd like to keep it that way.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Some people think the NRA twists the meaning of the right to bear arms, since that particular right was written at the time of one-shot blunderbusses and the authors had never heard of the terms Ak-47 or Mac 10.[/quote]

I think the NRA shares the belief the 2nd protects the 1st. This includes defence against tyranny from gov. No shortage of that in the US right now. Look back in history and you will find the revolution was over a lot less than they are currently dealing with.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I'm not so sure AK-47's stand a chance against drones and other extremely advanced US military technology. That ship has sailed.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

jennylives wrote:I'm not so sure AK-47's stand a chance against drones and other extremely advanced US military technology. That ship has sailed.

History is also full of failed generals who thought just like you! Hows all that tech working for them in the middle east? Soldiers still coming home in body bags?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Historical weapons do not even come close to the killing capabilities the US government has in the present. Muskets are not in the same ball field as drones or nukes or tanks and all the other stuff I have no idea about. That is getting off topic though...
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

jennylives wrote:Historical weapons do not even come close to the killing capabilities the US government has in the present. Muskets are not in the same ball field as drones or nukes or tanks and all the other stuff I have no idea about. That is getting off topic though...

A standing army of 200+ million firearm owners. Theyd get raped. Research missing nukes. You think gov is the only one with them..... :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

jennylives wrote:I have guns, I'm not saying don't have guns. We target shoot too, there is nothing wrong with that. What I don't want is high capacity weapons with no practical use in my community and I don't want the wingnut down the street having "the right" to carry a handgun in her purse. We have a good, happy medium in our country right now and I'd like to keep it that way.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... starting to sound like the Backyard Chicken issue ... NIMBY.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Nebula wrote:With that belief, grandma, you should have no problem if your neighbours have one Ak47 each, 10 Ak47s each, bazookas or mobile artillery.

Who cares what my neighbours have? That's their business, not mine. They don't tell me I can't have my 300 Winchester Magnum for moose hunting, so why should I care that they go to the range and punch holes in paper with their AK?

If I have an anti-gun neighbour, I'll respect his views just like this guy does.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

NIMBY? You can't murder several people in a short period of time with a chicken. Guns are not a mere nuisance or an eyesore. :127: The attitude of acceptance of high capacity weapons creates an environment of death. Do you want to see nearly weekly mass shooting in Canada too?
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:
A standing army of 200+ million firearm owners. Theyd get raped.

A untrained, unmotivated, unranked, non-associated civilian army? So who gives the orders? The 1st moble divison from Arkansas or the 3rd Arm of the Lord Christ Platoon out of Colorado?

The government controls all the money, banks, satellites, communications, electricity, infrastructure and the military. 200+ million gunowners with no money, no reality TV, no technology, electricity, no mobility or communications - big threat!

Dream on, survivalist. When a backwoods Montana gun-enthusiast puts a spy satellite into orbit let us know.

The government keeps us in line with Bread and Circuses, not with weapon ownership suppression.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

SurplusElect wrote:
The government keeps us in line with Bread and Circuses, not with weapon ownership suppression.

good to see you back posting Bago.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

jennylives wrote:NIMBY? You can't murder several people in a short period of time with a chicken. Guns are not a mere nuisance or an eyesore. :127: The attitude of acceptance of high capacity weapons creates an environment of death. Do you want to see nearly weekly mass shooting in Canada too?

Careful, Jenny. You're gonna get this moved to the Conspiracy forum. :coffeecanuck:

That must be some neighbourhood you live in if you think all your neighbours will be running out and buying AK47s. Just like the chickens, I doubt many would actually get them if and when they were legal to have. And, just like the chickens, if someone is against them, they will object using all kinds of ridiculous and unrealistic arguments.

The kind of people who would buy high powered assault-type rifles will buy them whether they are legal or not. They do now. They more than likely are not using them for any kind of legal activity, either.

Gezuz, Jen, yer talking like every second American has an AK47 hiding under their trench coats cruising around WalMart.

Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

jennylives wrote:NIMBY? You can't murder several people in a short period of time with a chicken.

No but I could with a couple decent kitchen knives. Just run through a mall slashing people as you go, I bet you could get a similar casualty level. Many injured, some dead.

Should we then ban all knives as well?

OF course not, that would be silly.

And Rwede, I've seen that pic before, always found it amusing.

Return to “World”